Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2013, 10:44 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by realshemp View Post
Actually Schaub was a joke... I guess you have to live in Houston to get it - nobody here would EVER rank Schaub above Roethlisberger. But it's JUST as ridiculous to say Big Ben is 'hands down' the best player from the 2004 draft. According to football reference's approximate value ( a mechanism to compare players statistically regardless of position) he's only the fourth best player in that draft behind Philip Rivers, Jared Allen and Eli Manning.
Rivers no way, but everyone with a functioning brain knows that much. I guess you could make a case for Jared Allen, but it would be kind of weak. QBs trump all.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:00 PM   #52 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by realshemp View Post
Actually Schaub was a joke... I guess you have to live in Houston to get it - nobody here would EVER rank Schaub above Roethlisberger. But it's JUST as ridiculous to say Big Ben is 'hands down' the best player from the 2004 draft. According to football reference's approximate value ( a mechanism to compare players statistically regardless of position) he's only the fourth best player in that draft behind Philip Rivers, Jared Allen and Eli Manning.
I don't think anyone said Ben was hands down the best. But Philip Rivers wishes he was in that convosation. The Tony Romo of the AFC.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:31 PM   #53 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBurg View Post
Rivers no way, but everyone with a functioning brain knows that much. I guess you could make a case for Jared Allen, but it would be kind of weak. QBs trump all.
WHY??????

Do we just ignore the stats now? Rivers has a higher TD%, lower Int% and a higher QB rating than Roethlisberger. He's also never led the league in interceptions, unlike Big Ben.
realshemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:43 PM   #54 (permalink)

2002 - peppers
2006 - Jahri Evans
2008 - Duane brown

Others years I could get on board with what most are saying.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:04 PM   #55 (permalink)

2 things. 2001 is not even close. Brees by a mile. How many Super Bowl rings has LT won?

2004. I'm sick of this Ben and Eli nonsense. It's easily Larry Fitzgerald. If he had a good quarterback he would be Megatron
Old 06-14-2013, 10:11 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydistance View Post
2 things. 2001 is not even close. Brees by a mile. How many Super Bowl rings has LT won?

2004. I'm sick of this Ben and Eli nonsense. It's easily Larry Fitzgerald. If he had a good quarterback he would be Megatron
Calvin has had his fair share of bad QBs too. And it's not completely LT's fault he couldn't win one. Brees couldn't even win a ring WITH LT, the best RB in the game at the time. A SB ring is a team accomplishment that a single player can only have so much effect on. LT was always considered at least top 3 in the best RB conversation, and in most years was considered the best. Brees has never really been known as the one of the best QBs in the game for as long as LT was one of the best RBs.
Contenders Needs: 1/1s
CBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:00 PM   #57 (permalink)

J.J. Watt is the best player from the 2011 draft. This guy has an impact on the game almost the way a quarterback does. He is all that. Yes, he is better than Newton, A.J. Green, Von Miller, and the rest. It is, however, still early, so time will tell. And this is coming from an A.J. Green fan.
starfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:01 PM   #58 (permalink)

Brees was terrible every year with the chargers, leading up to them drafting Eli Manning in 2004 (yeah, 3 years later). Only until he moved to NO's system was he a good QB. And his SB ring can be attributed to Peyton Manning or the bookee that paid him off.

LT was solid every year until he retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydistance View Post

Old 06-14-2013, 11:07 PM   #59 (permalink)

Calvin Johnson is spectacular, but Adrian Peterson is just better. Calvin did a lot for the Lions, but it led the team nowhere near playoffs. Peterson led his team to the playoffs despite coming off a double knee injury from 2011, a groin injury late in the 2012 season, and having to suffer through the ups and downs of Christian Ponder. I can't take anything away from Johnson, but Peterson is just better.
starfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:39 AM   #60 (permalink)

You know it's the middle of June with a thread like this.
Andrew Luck RIP Oscar Taveras
HBMC is offline   Reply With Quote