Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2013, 12:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 752
Default Best Player Frim Each Draft over the past decade

2002- Ed Reed
2003- Andre Johnson
2004- Ben Roethlisberger
2005- Aaron Rodgers
2006- Brandon Marshall
2007- Adrian Peterson
2008- Joe Flacco- gets edge over Ryan because of playoff record, stats, and MVP
2009-Arian Foster
2010- Navorro Bowman
2011- AJ Green
2012- Andrew Luck

Who do you think?
__________________
PC- Peter Boulware and Lavonte David
Buying anything of them I dont have. Also buying other high end Ravens cards.
squigsmx31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
matt roberson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 2,388
Default

So far off......
__________________
PCing....2012 Nick Toon and Russell Wilson, 2005 Aaron Rodgers and any Jerry Rice.... that I like.
GO Packers, GO Badgers!
http://s1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii625/robeythe1/
matt roberson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacy87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 5,303
Default

How did you come up with that list?
Zacy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt roberson View Post
So far off......
Well are you going to say whats off?
__________________
PC- Peter Boulware and Lavonte David
Buying anything of them I dont have. Also buying other high end Ravens cards.
squigsmx31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 461
Default

It's a list based off his opinion. These kinds of things are always open to interpretation.

Plus, it's tough to judge a "best player" for a draft that only happen 1 or 2 years ago.

Terry
__________________
Bucket: http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn221/ripdaddy11/

673 + feedback on SCF / 1038 + feedback on eBay
Deal with confidence
paragon11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Ray27Ray52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 8,768
Default

I would give the nod to Calvin Johnson for best of 07 but I can't really argue with Peterson. They are 1a and 1b.

As for 2011 and 2012, I think it is way too early to tell.
__________________
Yes, I razz. That makes me the devil.
Ray27Ray52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,107
Default

Arian Foster wasn't even drafted, so not sure he counts. Cam Newton is probably the best from 2011.
__________________
I only make rare exceptions to trade
collecting alums of the University of Illinois
Sportscardalbum: (Mostly PC but some FT/FS stuff in there)
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/drew306
drew306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt roberson View Post
So far off......
I think he nailed 2007, with Calvin Johnson a very close 2nd.

Terry
__________________
Bucket: http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn221/ripdaddy11/

673 + feedback on SCF / 1038 + feedback on eBay
Deal with confidence
paragon11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacy87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 5,303
Default

What are you basing these off? Stats? Rings?
Zacy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
matt roberson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 2,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squigsmx31 View Post
Well are you going to say whats off?
NO. I don't care enough to argue on this topic while I'm nursing a hangover at work.

2005 and 2007 are good , 2010-2012 are too early to tell and wouldn't be the guys you have there now if I had to put someone in there.

Ben>Eli?
__________________
PCing....2012 Nick Toon and Russell Wilson, 2005 Aaron Rodgers and any Jerry Rice.... that I like.
GO Packers, GO Badgers!
http://s1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii625/robeythe1/
matt roberson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
CBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 1,318
Default

2002- Ed Reed (my choice as well)
2003- Andre Johnson (Polamalu and Gates also good choices)
2004- Ben Roethlisberger (no way. Eli, Fitz both better)
2005- Aaron Rodgers (yeah Ware is a nice second tho)
2006- Brandon Marshall (Ngata and MJD are better choices IMO. Mangold, J. Joseph, and Hester as a KR are also good choices.)
2007- Adrian Peterson (so hard with Calvin, Revis, Willis, Thomas, Lynch, Staley, Yanda, etc. But Calvin and AD are in a tie for me)
2008- Joe Flacco- gets edge over Ryan because of playoff record, stats, and MVP (yeah those two are at the top, I would take Flacco as well)
2009-Arian Foster (CMIII is a little better in my mind)
2010- Navorro Bowman (Geno Atkins is better IMO)
2011- AJ Green (Watt and Von are both better IMO. Cam, PP, Julio, and Aldon are close behind AJ)
2012- Andrew Luck (too early to even judge which guys are one year wonders and so on. I guess Luck right now tho)

my opinions in bold
__________________
PC: Jon Beason
New PC: Darius Slay
Chrome Needs: Refractor, Blue Wave, Camo /499, Red /25, 1/1s
Contenders Needs: Base Auto, Playoff Auto /99, 1/1s
CBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
bbplaya11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: boston, MA
Posts: 2,806
Default

2010 is tough, you also got gronk, jimmy, d thomas, and dez
__________________
http://bbplaya.webs.com
COLLECTING
Courtney Lee
Carolina Panthers
bbplaya11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlue View Post
2002- Ed Reed (my choice as well)
2003- Andre Johnson (Polamalu and Gates also good choices)
2004- Ben Roethlisberger (no way. Eli, Fitz both better)
2005- Aaron Rodgers (yeah Ware is a nice second tho)
2006- Brandon Marshall (Ngata and MJD are better choices IMO. Mangold, J. Joseph, and Hester as a KR are also good choices.)
2007- Adrian Peterson (so hard with Calvin, Revis, Willis, Thomas, Lynch, Staley, Yanda, etc. But Calvin and AD are in a tie for me)
2008- Joe Flacco- gets edge over Ryan because of playoff record, stats, and MVP (yeah those two are at the top, I would take Flacco as well)
2009-Arian Foster (CMIII is a little better in my mind)
2010- Navorro Bowman (Geno Atkins is better IMO)
2011- AJ Green (Watt and Von are both better IMO. Cam, PP, Julio, and Aldon are close behind AJ)
2012- Andrew Luck (too early to even judge which guys are one year wonders and so on. I guess Luck right now tho)

my opinions in bold
Agree with you for the most part. Especially Ngata, forgot about him. And I do think Ben is better then Eli. I'm a Ravens fan and hate the Steelers but I have to admit Ben is good.
__________________
PC- Peter Boulware and Lavonte David
Buying anything of them I dont have. Also buying other high end Ravens cards.
squigsmx31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squigsmx31 View Post
2002- Ed Reed
2003- Andre Johnson
2004- Ben Roethlisberger
2005- Aaron Rodgers
2006- Brandon Marshall
2007- Adrian Peterson
2008- Joe Flacco- gets edge over Ryan because of playoff record, stats, and MVP
2009-Arian Foster
2010- Navorro Bowman
2011- AJ Green
2012- Andrew Luck

Who do you think?
WHAT?!?!?!?!

2004:
1. Larry Fitzgerald
2. Jared Allen
3. Steven Jackson
4. Eli Manning
5. Michael Turner
6. Matt Schaub
7. Ben Roethlisberger

2006:
Maurice Jones-Drew, nobody else is even that close

2008:
MATT RYAN, period. His stats DESTROY Flacco's stats.
Crap... Matt Forte, Ray Rice and Jamaal Charles are all ahead of Flacco, I might even rank Forte higher than Ryan

2009:
Arian Foster WAS NOT DRAFTED so he should not be eligible. I would go Clay Matthews or Mike Wallace

2010:
As much as I HATE the Giants, Jason Pierre-Paul is better than Bowman, so is Gronkowski and Graham.
realshemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by realshemp View Post
WHAT?!?!?!?!

2004:
1. Larry Fitzgerald
2. Jared Allen
3. Steven Jackson
4. Eli Manning
5. Michael Turner
6. Matt Schaub
7. Ben Roethlisberger


2006:
Maurice Jones-Drew, nobody else is even that close

2008:
MATT RYAN, period. His stats DESTROY Flacco's stats.
Crap... Matt Forte, Ray Rice and Jamaal Charles are all ahead of Flacco, I might even rank Forte higher than Ryan

2009:
Arian Foster WAS NOT DRAFTED so he should not be eligible. I would go Clay Matthews or Mike Wallace

2010:
As much as I HATE the Giants, Jason Pierre-Paul is better than Bowman, so is Gronkowski and Graham.
Please, how many super bowls does Schaub have? Also Michael Turner was good for a few years, but he is nowhere close to Big Ben. He may not be #1 in that class, but he is top 5 for sure.
__________________
I only make rare exceptions to trade
collecting alums of the University of Illinois
Sportscardalbum: (Mostly PC but some FT/FS stuff in there)
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/drew306
drew306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew306 View Post
Please, how many super bowls does Schaub have? Also Michael Turner was good for a few years, but he is nowhere close to Big Ben. He may not be #1 in that class, but he is top 5 for sure.
Superbowls are meaningless in evaluating talent.

Ben Roethlisberger (or should I call him roethlisgroper) is one of the most overrated players in the NFL, along with Flacco.
realshemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
MarshallCutler6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by realshemp View Post
WHAT?!?!?!?!

2004:
1. Larry Fitzgerald
2. Jared Allen
3. Steven Jackson
4. Eli Manning
5. Michael Turner
6. Matt Schaub
7. Ben Roethlisberger

2006:
Maurice Jones-Drew, nobody else is even that close

2008:
MATT RYAN, period. His stats DESTROY Flacco's stats.
Crap... Matt Forte, Ray Rice and Jamaal Charles are all ahead of Flacco, I might even rank Forte higher than Ryan

2009:
Arian Foster WAS NOT DRAFTED so he should not be eligible. I would go Clay Matthews or Mike Wallace

2010:
As much as I HATE the Giants, Jason Pierre-Paul is better than Bowman, so is Gronkowski and Graham.
Flacco wins games, only QB to make the playoffs every year in the league. I disgree with you on that one. And Ngata isnt close to MJD? I beg to differ. Ngata would be my 06 pick.
__________________
Collecting anything that interests me.
#TeamConnor
MarshallCutler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallCutler6 View Post
Flacco wins games, only QB to make the playoffs every year in the league. I disgree with you on that one. And Ngata isnt close to MJD? I beg to differ. Ngata would be my 06 pick.
Flacco wins games because his team is STACKED, how does that reflect on the player at all?

Also, you might be right on Ngata, I overlooked him on the list of draft picks.

Last edited by realshemp; 06-13-2013 at 01:50 PM.
realshemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:50 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
MarshallCutler6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by realshemp View Post
Flacco wins games because his team is STACKED, how does that reflect on the player at all?
There are a lot of STACKED teams, but somehow he is the only one who makes the playoffs every year, how do you explain that?
__________________
Collecting anything that interests me.
#TeamConnor
MarshallCutler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Ray27Ray52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 8,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by realshemp View Post
Flacco wins games because his team is STACKED, how does that reflect on the player at all?
You are correct. Partially. The Ravens team from essentially 2008-2011 was stacked, but towards the run, not the pass. Only last season and going forward are the Ravens expected to become a passing team first. Flacco is not elite in my opinion, but he's no slouch.
__________________
Yes, I razz. That makes me the devil.
Ray27Ray52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:53 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray27Ray52 View Post
You are correct. Partially. The Ravens team from essentially 2008-2011 was stacked, but towards the run, not the pass. Only last season and going forward are the Ravens expected to become a passing team first. Flacco is not elite in my opinion, but he's no slouch.
You're right... Flacco's not as bad as I make him out to be, that's just backlash from constantly hearing him talked about as an 'elite' QB.
realshemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 752
Default

Ryan has way more tools then Flacco so I donot want to hear that. He has one of the greatest receiving trios of all time arguably.
__________________
PC- Peter Boulware and Lavonte David
Buying anything of them I dont have. Also buying other high end Ravens cards.
squigsmx31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallCutler6 View Post
There are a lot of STACKED teams, but somehow he is the only one who makes the playoffs every year, how do you explain that?
Great coaching and a smart GM
realshemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:55 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
TheBurg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,453
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by realshemp View Post
WHAT?!?!?!?!

2004:
1. Larry Fitzgerald
2. Jared Allen
3. Steven Jackson
4. Eli Manning
5. Michael Turner
6. Matt Schaub
7. Ben Roethlisberger

2006:
Maurice Jones-Drew, nobody else is even that close

2008:
MATT RYAN, period. His stats DESTROY Flacco's stats.
Crap... Matt Forte, Ray Rice and Jamaal Charles are all ahead of Flacco, I might even rank Forte higher than Ryan

2009:
Arian Foster WAS NOT DRAFTED so he should not be eligible. I would go Clay Matthews or Mike Wallace

2010:
As much as I HATE the Giants, Jason Pierre-Paul is better than Bowman, so is Gronkowski and Graham.
I'm not usually one to say something like this, but thank you for proving that you know absolutely nothing about football. I'll hear arguments for Eli and Fitzgerald, but Roethlisberger is pretty clearly the best player from that draft. I get it though, you just look at the stats. Isn't that what Cowboys fans have to do so that they can live with Romo at QB? I'll give you a couple stats about Roethlisberger, just to feed your desire for them:
Second highest YPA in NFL History
Third Highest win percentage in NFL history
More 4th quarter comebacks than anybody since 2007 (I know this was true a year ago, someone correct me if that changed.)
__________________
Looking For High End Steelers 1/1s
TheBurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Ray27Ray52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 8,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by realshemp View Post
You're right... Flacco's not as bad as I make him out to be, that's just backlash from constantly hearing him talked about as an 'elite' QB.
I remember draft day 2008 like it was yesterday. I was hoping that the Ravens would make a move to trade up and snag Matt Ryan. When they didn't and snagged Flacco instead, I was somewhat disappointed. That being said, I am very comfortable with Joe at the helm.

What a lot of people don't understand outside of Baltimore, is that we like Joe regardless of whether people consider him elite or not. He isn't a rah rah type of guy. He's Joe Cool. He just wins. That's good enough for me.
__________________
Yes, I razz. That makes me the devil.
Ray27Ray52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.