Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2013, 12:29 PM   #26 (permalink)

Look, I'm as big of a Seahawks fan as there is. Have been my whole life (not since 2012). We were this big of loudmouths during the entire 2000 decade. The trouble is, the Bandwagon fans are the loudest of us all.

How it works, is the obnoxious SEA fans talk about how we have dominated the NFC West for 12 years (Division Titles: SEA: 5, SF: 3, AZ: 2, STL: 2), (Total Playoff Appearances: SEA: 7, SF: 4, STL: 4, AZ: 2) since 2001. And to play devil's advocate here, the only team to win the SB during this time? NONE OF US. STL won it in 2000, before the new NFC West was built.

Then SF fans come in talking about 5 rings this, you've only been to the SB once, and lost, etc etc. Although, the last time the SF 49ers won a SB was 1994. Think about that...1994. That's almost 20 years ago. Think about it, kids who were born in 1995 just graduated HIGH SCHOOL. And to be fair, the last time you went to the SB, you lost as well (the only time you've went to the SB and lost).

Nobody wants to give SEA credit for anything because of the "Weak division" we are in, even though the NFC West has sent more teams to the SB in the last 12 years than any division in the NFL, because we haven't won it all.

It's just your standard "My team is better than yours" coming from both fanbases. No different than the "My Patriots are the best team since 2000" argument from all the Pats fans.

That being said...Browner should have just shut his mouth. SEA has a HUUUUUGE microscope on them right now. All the PED cases, negativity in the media, etc right now, they just need to shut up and show it on the field. Usually, the loudest are the first to fall.

You are right, after the Beast Quake run against NO, all of the SEA Bandwagon fanbase jumped back onto it, and they are the loud, obnoxious ones. True fans know the struggles this team has had throughout inception. We are a weary bunch of people that have seen 10-6 records one year turn into 4-12 the next. We remember the 2-14 season of 1992. Until we do win the Superbowl, we don't have much to brag about. All those playoff appearances mean jack until then.
Verufian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:37 PM   #27 (permalink)

over-rated. :clapclapclapclapclap:

let's see how they do drug free.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:45 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headbando5 View Post
Geeeesh, you guys are brutal. We really aren't that bad, and the quote was taken out of context.

Loudest crowd... since forever. Yeah, no fans at all.. Ignorance.
Why is it that every quote the Seahawks make is "Out of context" in your mind? There is really no way threatening to choke someone can be taken out of context.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #29 (permalink)

On Redskins forums, Seahawks fans have become as mouthy and annoying (if not more) than Cowboys fans. Before 2012, crickets.
antrodemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallCutler6 View Post
Why is it that every quote the Seahawks make is "Out of context" in your mind? There is really no way threatening to choke someone can be taken out of context.
I've maybe posted that a quote was taken "out of context" twice, another large exaggeration by you. Browner said, if he was on the field I would put my arms up on his neck. I mean, yes, it's aggressive and uncalled for, but calling it a threat is a bit of strech.. He's not looking to kill the man. If you're trying to tell me corners don't get mad and reach up near the neck here and there, then you're delusional.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:59 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by antrodemus View Post
On Redskins forums, Seahawks fans have become as mouthy and annoying (if not more) than Cowboys fans. Before 2012, crickets.
I'm sure on the "hawks forums" there has never been a Redskins fan that said "we would have won had RG3 not hurt his leg"

grouping Seahawks fans with Cowboy fans now that hurts
Old 06-15-2013, 01:05 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawks fan View Post
I'm sure on the "hawks forums" there has never been a Redskins fan that said "we would have won had RG3 not hurt his leg"

grouping Seahawks fans with Cowboy fans now that hurts
I wasn't noting specifics, just a sudden "surge" in activity beginning in 2012.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by antrodemus View Post
I wasn't noting specifics, just a sudden "surge" in activity beginning in 2012.
Isnt that the norm for any team that is winning in any sport?
Old 06-15-2013, 01:26 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headbando5 View Post
I've maybe posted that a quote was taken "out of context" twice, another large exaggeration by you. Browner said, if he was on the field I would put my arms up on his neck. I mean, yes, it's aggressive and uncalled for, but calling it a threat is a bit of strech.. He's not looking to kill the man. If you're trying to tell me corners don't get mad and reach up near the neck here and there, then you're delusional.
I can honestly say that I have never seen a corner choke out a reciever, but then again, the corners I watch on a weekly basis are class acts, not adderall using, trash talking cheaters.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verufian View Post
Look, I'm as big of a Seahawks fan as there is. Have been my whole life (not since 2012). We were this big of loudmouths during the entire 2000 decade. The trouble is, the Bandwagon fans are the loudest of us all.

How it works, is the obnoxious SEA fans talk about how we have dominated the NFC West for 12 years (Division Titles: SEA: 5, SF: 3, AZ: 2, STL: 2), (Total Playoff Appearances: SEA: 7, SF: 4, STL: 4, AZ: 2) since 2001. And to play devil's advocate here, the only team to win the SB during this time? NONE OF US. STL won it in 2000, before the new NFC West was built.

Then SF fans come in talking about 5 rings this, you've only been to the SB once, and lost, etc etc. Although, the last time the SF 49ers won a SB was 1994. Think about that...1994. That's almost 20 years ago. Think about it, kids who were born in 1995 just graduated HIGH SCHOOL. And to be fair, the last time you went to the SB, you lost as well (the only time you've went to the SB and lost).

Nobody wants to give SEA credit for anything because of the "Weak division" we are in, even though the NFC West has sent more teams to the SB in the last 12 years than any division in the NFL, because we haven't won it all.

It's just your standard "My team is better than yours" coming from both fanbases. No different than the "My Patriots are the best team since 2000" argument from all the Pats fans.

That being said...Browner should have just shut his mouth. SEA has a HUUUUUGE microscope on them right now. All the PED cases, negativity in the media, etc right now, they just need to shut up and show it on the field. Usually, the loudest are the first to fall.

You are right, after the Beast Quake run against NO, all of the SEA Bandwagon fanbase jumped back onto it, and they are the loud, obnoxious ones. True fans know the struggles this team has had throughout inception. We are a weary bunch of people that have seen 10-6 records one year turn into 4-12 the next. We remember the 2-14 season of 1992. Until we do win the Superbowl, we don't have much to brag about. All those playoff appearances mean jack until then.
You... I like you.
freethrowtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:31 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Maybe in Texas...

Most fans are cautious about declaring their team champions with a 2nd year QB.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:39 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
I will remind everyone about my Steelers' 6 rings, regardless of how the team is doing
Old 06-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #38 (permalink)

Seahawks fans do crack me up. So much swagger for such little results. They're like the kids in shooting games who tea bag after every kill but end up 6th in points every game.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #39 (permalink)

This made me laugh out loud. Thanks for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolrobb View Post
Seahawks fans do crack me up. So much swagger for such little results. They're like the kids in shooting games who tea bag after every kill but end up 6th in points every game.

http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r77/bucnastdizzl/
Whodatiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:01 PM   #40 (permalink)

Seattle Seahawks: The West Coast NYJ...
PAYING VERY HANDSOMELY FOR THE "O" IN THE 2009 DREW BLEDSOE BY THE LETTER SET. WILL PAY $25 FINDERS FEE IF YOU DIRECT ME TO ONE AND I AM ABLE TO MAKE A DEAL (eBay and COMC listings NOT APPLICABLE/REDEEMABLE)
ssbledsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:14 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
You... I like you.
And you aren't too bad yerself.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:49 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolrobb View Post
I think that is what people have a problem with even more than the actual Seahawks team even thought the team, especially the secondary is mostly. People have no problem saying that the Seahawks should be a very good team and probably in the playoff hunt. It had to have started with the Week 3 game against the Packers when some puzzlingly still thought, and were the only ones to think that, it was a touchdown pass by Russell Wilson and not an interception. And the talk just continued by a team that didn't even win their division and with the correct call made in the GB game might not even have made the playoffs. Richard Sherman shouting at Tom Brady at the end of the game showed their immaturity and the quote 'act like you've been there before'. Sherman shouting at a guy who will make multiple times the money Sherman ever will, have more rings than Sherman will and quite possibly have been with much better looking women than Sherman as well. But hey you won a REGULAR season game! haha If the Seahawks defensive players and fans would just shut up a little they actually might get their team more credit

There is no bias, just a problem with how others might conduct themselves and make others who are fans of that team look bad. I personally hope that Russell Wilson succeeds. I've never owned a Kaepernick or Alex Smith rookie card and one of my best football cards in my collection is of Russell Wilson. But it is more the fans of the team and the loud-mouthed cornerbacks/safeties that are giving the Seahawks team a black eye

Last edited by duwal; 06-15-2013 at 08:56 PM.
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #43 (permalink)

I wonder what the average age of Seahawks fans on this site is
Old 06-15-2013, 10:28 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkyszka View Post
I wonder what the average age of Seahawks fans on this site is
34. Even had the Bozzcut as a kid
Old 06-15-2013, 10:29 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbledsoe View Post
Seattle Seahawks: The West Coast NYJ...
That is not even fair to Seattle, at least the Hawks win football games.
Andrew Luck
HBMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:07 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verufian View Post
34. Even had the Bozzcut as a kid
come on, you gotta show that picture on here!
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote