Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2013, 09:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default are USED REDEMPTIONS worth something.. have around 100

hi, anyone know if these things are worth anything?

have some Russell Wilson chromes, Lamichael James, Tannehills etc.

most are chrome,platinum,finest,sterling

if so. what can they be worth.. how can I sell them..

appreciate any info

thanks!
Ben
brios8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

List the Wilson chromes on ebay, apparently some clowns are buying them.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/drew306
drew306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

If you decide to list on ebay make sure you plaster all over the title and description that it has already been used and redeemed. I wouldnt stop there, if you have a winning bidder I would message them and make sure they are aware it is used before they pay and you ship it out. I guess there are some people out there that collect redemptions. However I am willing to bet most buyers of used redemptions are not reading the title and description and think they are buying an unused one. I personally dont know if I would try to bother with selling used redemptions as it seems like it could just turn into one giant headache. Up to you

My photobucket: http://s451.photobucket.com/albums/qq239/GOWIFB/
GOWIFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOWIFB View Post
If you decide to list on ebay make sure you plaster all over the title and description that it has already been used and redeemed. I wouldnt stop there, if you have a winning bidder I would message them and make sure they are aware it is used before they pay and you ship it out. I guess there are some people out there that collect redemptions. However I am willing to bet most buyers of used redemptions are not reading the title and description and think they are buying an unused one. I personally dont know if I would try to bother with selling used redemptions as it seems like it could just turn into one giant headache. Up to you
Exactly.

But yeah, I'd put USED REDEMPTIONS in the title. Pay extra for the bonus text under your listing and spam "USED REDEMPTIONS ALREADY REDEEMED," or something like that. Maybe leave out player names in the title too. People see Russell Wilson and jump fast. That part is your call because names probably do help the price to go up.

Just be sure to cover yourself so bidders have a hard time missing that the redemptions won't work.
FanboyOfNone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

You don't have to do all of that extra to point out the fact that the redemption has been used. Just put it in the title and again in the description and buyers will have no claim when they realize they're an idiot.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Axe

do not sell any redemptions you have not received the cards for. yes it has happened people have lost cards because someone else convinces them they have the real redemption, which guess what, they do when you send it, lol.

otherwise yeah people by them all the time, some collect, and some try to reuse them.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

Include a video of you scratching the card.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

I sold a used Bubba Starling redemption for $20 a little while ago
*The World's Official #1 Ariana Grande Superfan*
Kobe24>MJ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

I thought about trying this on my bigger name redemptions and low numbered parallels, but of course I have to wait for them to come in. In addition to the title of USED REDEMPTION, I was thinking about putting in the description something along the lines of, "I am uncertain why any one would want to bid on this used redemption, it has been scratched, entered into the system, and actual card is in hand and not for sale. This redeemed redemption card holds no specific value, the only interest I could see some on having is a supercollector of said player, someone who wants to show off to their friends that they have a sweet card (but actually dont) or someone who is looking to scam either the card company or another collector. Please again, understand the card has been redeemed, processed through the card companies system and if the intent is the later, you are a pos.

Good luck bidding on this redeemed redemption, that is only a piece of cardboard in my eyes, but if it means more to you...then happy bidding".

Probably won't actually do this, but things I think about in my spare time. I need to get out more!
Coventry6546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

Personally I don't think a used redemption is worth much of anything as a collector.

I do know to some, it's like the "packaging" be it an empty bottle or a card pack wrapper, and has some value.

What I actually like to do is keep the redemption card along with the redeemed card, so it serves as sort of an added bonus and C.O.A. of sort, so if you decide to sell the card, just throw in the redemption card with it and it's a nice overall packaged set for the next collector to own.
Stat Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:57 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coventry6546 View Post
I thought about trying this on my bigger name redemptions and low numbered parallels, but of course I have to wait for them to come in. In addition to the title of USED REDEMPTION, I was thinking about putting in the description something along the lines of, "I am uncertain why any one would want to bid on this used redemption, it has been scratched, entered into the system, and actual card is in hand and not for sale. This redeemed redemption card holds no specific value, the only interest I could see some on having is a supercollector of said player, someone who wants to show off to their friends that they have a sweet card (but actually dont) or someone who is looking to scam either the card company or another collector. Please again, understand the card has been redeemed, processed through the card companies system and if the intent is the later, you are a pos.

Good luck bidding on this redeemed redemption, that is only a piece of cardboard in my eyes, but if it means more to you...then happy bidding".

Probably won't actually do this, but things I think about in my spare time. I need to get out more!
I wouldnt do that, might make the buyer feel stupid.
groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote