Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default If Each Team was a Hobby product- Day 2: Atlanta Falcons

Well, I'm not going to follow any organizational rules, I'll just post whatever team I had an idea for.

So, what product are the Atlanta Falcons?

Topps Five Star!

Why, you might ask?

The Falcons look great on paper (idea of all on-card, inscriptions), and for the most part look great in the games. But when you're an elite product, you need to beat the other elite products, and Five Star hasn't been able to do that (resale). Every year people say "this is the year Five Star will be recognized and have more resale value/ this is the year the Falcons get over the hump". The group of people with this mindset grows, but so far, we've been disappointed.

So, what product do you think the Falcons are?
Old 06-15-2013, 01:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

Panini Black. Because....the colors.

But seriously, I'm so glad 5 Star is weak in resales - it allows me to pick up some sweet booklets!
#341 on Blowout's Highest Post count.
TheFrenzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:32 AM   #3 (permalink)

I can agree with Topps Five Star for the Falcons.

The Giants are Bowman. Inconsistent from year to year. Sometimes they get lucky and do something that results in a win. If the stars of the set don't cohere perfectly, they're screwed.

The Redskins are Prizm. New popularity, but they've got a long way to go to be an elite product. They're already in jeopardy really.

The Eagles are Topps Magic. We don't know why they're still around. They can't compete with much of anything, let alone top level competition. The product has no idea what it wants to be or how to succeed.

The Cowboys are Contenders. Never mediocre, some years beautiful to watch. Rare, valuable talent at the highest levels of the team. Throwaways when it comes to depth on the lower tiered talents. All in all, it has potential every year. 2012 Contenders showed improvements like the 2013 Cowboys will.

That's the NFC East.
FanboyOfNone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanboyOfNone View Post
The Redskins are Prizm. New popularity, but they've got a long way to go to be an elite product. They're already in jeopardy really.
How do you figure that? RG3 is already back and practicing and should be good to go for the season and if not Kirk Cousins is more then capable, Morris is a barely used RB without much tread on his tires who was 2nd in the league in rushing his rookie year, Garcon who is only 26 years old was injured much of the year last season and healthy again and Josh Morgan, Leonard Hankerson, Devery Henderson make up a solid receiving group, Fred Davis is in a contract season, Defense Brian Orakpo and Adam Carriker who missed most of the season are coming back from injury, in the draft they picked up the nations top 2 INT college leaders the past two seasons despite not having a first round pick and two safeties which addressed the teams biggest need.

The 2013 Redskins team is returning every starter on both sides of the ball minus one player, Linebacker Lorenzo Alexander.

And last season they went 5 and 1 in the division which has not gotten better unless you think Chip Kelly is going to right that ship immediately which I dont, or that the Giants are better without Nicks and Cruz, and the Cowboys with that pitiful draft are going to be unCowboy like when they added next to nothing and just paid Romo 100 million bucks who went the last 3 seasons 8 and 8

I agree the Redskins are not elite YET but in danger? I think thats off. The average age of the Redskins team is 25 years old. The future of the Redskins when they have only one more season without a 1st round pick and get to use the full salary cap next year is bright

http://s775.beta.photobucket.com/user/alexladue/library/

Damn The Hard Times. Enjoy The Good Times!

Last edited by addicted36; 06-16-2013 at 11:37 AM.
addicted36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted36 View Post
How do you figure that? RG3 is already back and practicing and should be good to go for the season and if not Kirk Cousins is more then capable, Morris is a barely used RB without much tread on his tires who was 2nd in the league in rushing his rookie year, Garcon who is only 26 years old was injured much of the year last season and healthy again and Josh Morgan, Leonard Hankerson, Devery Henderson make up a solid receiving group, Fred Davis is in a contract season, Defense Brian Orakpo and Adam Carriker who missed most of the season are coming back from injury, in the draft they picked up the nations top 2 INT college leaders the past two seasons despite not having a first round pick and two safeties which addressed the teams biggest need.

The 2013 Redskins team is returning every starter on both sides of the ball minus one player, Linebacker Lorenzo Alexander.

And last season they went 5 and 1 in the division which has not gotten better unless you think Chip Kelly is going to right that ship immediately which I dont, or that the Giants are better without Nicks and Cruz, and the Cowboys with that pitiful draft are going to be unCowboy like when they added next to nothing and just paid Romo 100 million bucks who went the last 3 seasons 8 and 8

I agree the Redskins are not elite YET but in danger? I think thats off. The average age of the Redskins team is 25 years old. The future of the Redskins when they have only one more season without a 1st round pick and get to use the full salary cap next year is bright
I'm just a biased Cowboys homer.

I think the Eagles will be the bottom feeders in the division for at least another year bare minimum. There's a lot of work for them, starting with committing to a QB that isn't Vick.

The Giants seem to drop off if any of their key components have problems. Eli gets all the credit for their wins, but when Cruz OR Nicks don't show up...it's obvious. Same with JPP or Tuck.

The Redskins? Yeah, I wouldn't say they're actually in danger long term. I could see them slumping for a season though. As a Cowboys fan, I prefer Romo...but I can respect RG3 () and Cousins. My questions. Can RG3 repeat a 4 to 1 TD to INT ratio? Tough for any QB to maintain that efficiency. Will the Redskins have more 10 drop games? Will Morris slump? They have potential, but the NFC East is a strange division...

I've come to terms with the Cowboys picks. At least we got a Center. Maybe Escobar will allow us to blow it open with two TE sets. Glad to have Randle for when Murray goes down (). Williams will give us receiver depth if we're injured plagued again. All depends on Romo's confidence in our OL at this point. Carr and Claiborne improving in the secondary could be disastrous for the opposition.

...when it comes down to it, I see the Cowboys fighting the Redskins again for the division. If the Cowboys win at least 1 of the 2 matchups, things could be interesting.
FanboyOfNone is offline   Reply With Quote