Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2013, 08:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default ******Official 2013 Chiefs training camp thread******

So I did this last year and it generated a lot of conversation both for and against the Chiefs, so I thought I would try it again. Just checking to see what other members will be going to the camp to get auto's and watch the team practice. Obviously the team is completely different from last year and that means a lot more media buzz (and probably bigger crowds).

The goal of this thread is to try and get updates from true fans watching the practices. Obviously I can read all about the camp on KCCHIEFS.com or other websites, but I also like to get the perspective of other Chiefs fans. Also tips from members - who is/isnt signing, how the crowds are, how the 8:15 practice start time works, places to eat in St. Joe & so on.

This is my 2nd year with season tickets and needless to say I am pumped and ready for this season. Below is the thread I made from last year with some of the pic's and auto's that our group got. Same group again this year, plus a few more.

Lets get it started>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My 2012 Chiefs camp haul
NEEDS = '12 CHROME CHIEFS: #94 DONTARI POE RED AUTO /5, #49 CYRUS GRAY RED AUTO /5 , #102 TAMBA HALI RED /25 & ANY '12 CHROME CHIEFS PRINTING PLATES---------->'12 TURKEY RED SP'S = LUCK (PASSING POSE) & DOUG MARTIN (CATCHING BALL & TREES IN BACKGROUND)
Bucket - http://s1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh515/Earlsnake07/
Earlsnake07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:16 AM   #2 (permalink)

since I apparently love to waste my money and invest in back up QBs, let me know how Stanzi fairs against Bray and how Chase Daniel looks.

Odds are Stanzi gets the axe. I still think Chase will succeed Alex Smith (or at least I hope)
tnarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Hey Earlsnake07 I will be going again this year. I won't be able to make it to the first practice on Friday but I will be going on STH Day on Monday. I have a plenty of mini helmets to get signed and I have a feeling the early practice times will not bring nearly as many fans this year. Should be a good season with all the changes we made. Hoping 8-8 or even better this year. Go Chiefs!!
jaywu23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg View Post
since I apparently love to waste my money and invest in back up QBs, let me know how Stanzi fairs against Bray and how Chase Daniel looks.

Odds are Stanzi gets the axe. I still think Chase will succeed Alex Smith (or at least I hope)
No prob man....obviously the word is Stanzi will be cut (or a practice squad quy). I really dont care who the hell starts.....both will be waaaaaay better than CasHOLE from last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywu23 View Post
Hey Earlsnake07 I will be going again this year. I won't be able to make it to the first practice on Friday but I will be going on STH Day on Monday. I have a plenty of mini helmets to get signed and I have a feeling the early practice times will not bring nearly as many fans this year. Should be a good season with all the changes we made. Hoping 8-8 or even better this year. Go Chiefs!!
Man...I would love to make it to the STH day. I live 3 hours away though and just cant see driving up and back for 1 practice. We (my buddy and I) bring our boys so that's why the family fun day is great for all of us. Let me know if that have anymore of those canvas paintings from last year for sale.....I really like the one I got last year with all the auto's. I did pick up a few jerseys this year and I am only going for auto'd jerseys. If you happen to be at the camp on Fri or Sat (next week) look for us......
NEEDS = '12 CHROME CHIEFS: #94 DONTARI POE RED AUTO /5, #49 CYRUS GRAY RED AUTO /5 , #102 TAMBA HALI RED /25 & ANY '12 CHROME CHIEFS PRINTING PLATES---------->'12 TURKEY RED SP'S = LUCK (PASSING POSE) & DOUG MARTIN (CATCHING BALL & TREES IN BACKGROUND)
Old 07-24-2013, 12:10 AM   #5 (permalink)

I really want to go this year. I have never been to the training camp, but I think it will be a great time. Hoping Tyler Bray wins the 3rd spot and hoping Dexter McCluster breaks out this year. I will be following on the Chiefs site and I hope this is an active thread.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:23 AM   #6 (permalink)

How's Andy Reid down there?
sportscards0513 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:25 AM   #7 (permalink)

I will be going to Raiders train camp this season my first year. I hoping get my Mcfadden jersey sign I also have couple hats try see get Woodson sign.
Neas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:08 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neas View Post
I will be going to Raiders train camp this season my first year. I hoping get my Mcfadden jersey sign I also have couple hats try see get Woodson sign.
No one in this thread cares about raiders camp. Hope you guys are prepping for our new pistol offense and Leon Sandcastle. Leon is gonna light you guys up!
Old 07-24-2013, 11:20 PM   #9 (permalink)

Watch out for Jordan Roberts from wv(not wvu) just wv he is a BEAST!!!
Old 07-25-2013, 01:24 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfibert80 View Post
No one in this thread cares about raiders camp. Hope you guys are prepping for our new pistol offense and Leon Sandcastle. Leon is gonna light you guys up!
Word

Leon is gonna tear the Raiders up on BOTH sides of the ball! And he isn't even going to training camp!
Old 07-25-2013, 02:28 AM   #11 (permalink)

Take a look at the link below and see what Tamba Hali did all summer.

Watch the first minute and then skip to 16:21 to get the gist on why your favorite QB's life is most likely in danger this year. (or watch the whole thing if you have the time)

The Gracie Way (Ep. 15): When a 3-Time NFL Pro-Bowler Adopts the Jiu-Jitsu Lifestyle - YouTube
Old 07-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #12 (permalink)

I'm excited for camp. Plan on going at least a couple times.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #13 (permalink)

I hope Sean Smith (CB) works out for you guys.

He was really starting to blossom as one of the best CB's in the east after Revis.

I was sad to see the Dolphins not resign him and let David go.

GL on the season Chief fans.

Incoming -
Outgoing -
DetectiveChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveChrome View Post
I hope Sean Smith (CB) works out for you guys.

He was really starting to blossom as one of the best CB's in the east after Revis.

I was sad to see the Dolphins not resign him and let David go.

GL on the season Chief fans.
Honestly I had'nt really given Smith much attention prior to coming to the Chiefs - NFL network had last years Hard Knocks on the last few days and he actually impressed me - but they also made Bobby Sippio look like Jerry Rice when it was in KC. I think he will be an improvment on what we had....looking forward to it!
Old 07-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #15 (permalink)

Training Camp starts today!!! Happy RED FRIDAY Chiefs fans!!!
jaywu23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Hello Chiefs fans, this should be a fun year for us. Jamaal Charles is back and ready to tear up the NFL again.
eliteco3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:17 PM   #17 (permalink)

Cool stuff. Anthony sherman is a friend and great guy hope he becomes the #1 FB for you guys in KC.
Welker83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:05 PM   #18 (permalink)

Anyone attend today? If so how did it go?
Old 07-26-2013, 11:10 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlsnake07 View Post
Anyone attend today? If so how did it go?
I attended and it was PACKED, they said it was the largest crowd for a Chiefs practice outside of arrowhead stadium ever. I still managed to do pretty well on autos though. I got Jamaal to sign my Texas jersey and he inscribed it "hook 'em", got Eric Berry on a Chiefs jersey, Chiefs mini, and a Tennessee mini, and then Chase Daniel on a Mizzou mini. My 2 sons did really well on their footballs as well getting Charles, Berry, Flowers, and 7 or 8 others as well, can't remember at the moment who else.
tperks76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:56 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tperks76 View Post
I attended and it was PACKED, they said it was the largest crowd for a Chiefs practice outside of arrowhead stadium ever. I still managed to do pretty well on autos though. I got Jamaal to sign my Texas jersey and he inscribed it "hook 'em", got Eric Berry on a Chiefs jersey, Chiefs mini, and a Tennessee mini, and then Chase Daniel on a Mizzou mini. My 2 sons did really well on their footballs as well getting Charles, Berry, Flowers, and 7 or 8 others as well, can't remember at the moment who else.
Damn....nice! Sounds good that players are signing...only a few days away for me!
Old 07-27-2013, 03:21 PM   #21 (permalink)

Went again today, maybe half as many people as yesterday, but more autograph seekers so try we're pretty tough today. Did manage to get mccluster on a jersey and Alex smith on 2 jerseys. On a side note, Chase Daniel did not look very good today at all and I didn't see Stanzi really get any work in at all while Bray got in a little. Id say that's writing on the wall. My son also got Knile Davis to give him one of his gloves, hopefully he will sign it in the upcoming days for him

Last edited by tperks76; 07-27-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:42 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tperks76 View Post
Went again today, maybe half as many people as yesterday, but more autograph seekers so try we're pretty tough today. Did manage to get mccluster on a jersey and Alex smith on 2 jerseys. On a side note, Chase Daniel did not look very good today at all and I didn't see Stanzi really get any work in at all while Bray got in a little. Id say that's writing on the wall. My son also got Knile Davis to give him one of his gloves, hopefully he will sign it in the upcoming days for him
Awesome....how has the weather been? Also dont know if you went in years past, but how is the start time at 8:15?
Old 07-27-2013, 04:57 PM   #23 (permalink)

Weather has been awesome, upper 70's this morning. The 8:15 stry time hasn't really affected anything yet, still plenty of fans in the stands, but this was also the firsts ending practice and on a Saturday. Will be interesting to see how the Tuesday practices go with fan attendance. I personally like the morning practices, a lot cooler than the afternoon practices from last year. I plan on being there for every practice
Old 07-27-2013, 05:30 PM   #24 (permalink)

Cool thread. Looking forward to a good season.
MeteoriteGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:41 PM   #25 (permalink)

Great day today at camp for autographs, jamaal signed for quite a long time. Me and my boys got 3 jerseys signed by him, 2 Texas mini helmets, 5 chiefs mini helmets, and 2 footballs with him as well as Brandon Alberts Shaun draughn Jon Baldwin and several others