Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #51 (permalink)

If I had that much money tied up with one individual I'd definitely expect some kind of refund or something done such as a certain amount of credit I could spend on his items or some kinda agreement. Like stated earlier, MORALS is the thing that keeps this thing going for all of us. I know certainly if I had been the seller I would have had to bit the bullet & made sure my word & my reputation was still intact & did whatever I could to lessen the blow of your problem. Far as dealing with him in the future...my opinion is there's way too many decent sellers & buyers out here like myself & others that are honest & good to deal with so I wouldn't waste my time with him. Sorry to hear you got screwed...I'd hate that to happen to me
Old 08-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
First of all how are you going to prove he knew or not? You can not. That is why scammers thrive in this hobby. All that scammers have to say to most of the collectors is "I didnt know". This is why the seller must be held responsible. By eating the cost, its just another win for the scammer. Gives them more money to continue scamming others. Now you know why there is no end in sight for all the scams and forgery going on in this hobby. The victims are held responsible. There will also be new scams and more people to scam. By eating the cost, it will only encourage more scams and more people to become scammers since they know they can easily get away with it. There is really no hope for this hobby.

The seller is obilgated to fullfill his part of the deal.
I don't disagree with you about this for sellers to just say, I didn't know, and they can get away with it, that is a very big problem

But if the buyer has done multiple deals with the guy, trusts him, believes he is an honest seller who had no idea about this, then given this scenario, it's on the buyer.

Now if I didn't believe him and I thought he knew the whole time, then I'd say the buyer should go after them for the money back.

But given this scenario, where the buyer has admitted that he fully believes the seller didn't know, then it falls to the buyer to me
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #53 (permalink)

In this situation, I would chalk it up to a loss.
My gut reaction would be to not deal with the seller in the future. It seems like a mutual middle ground could be found as both of you have culpability from the unaware of what you're buying/selling standpoint.
PAYING VERY HANDSOMELY FOR THE "O" IN THE 2009 DREW BLEDSOE BY THE LETTER SET. WILL PAY $25 FINDERS FEE IF YOU DIRECT ME TO ONE AND I AM ABLE TO MAKE A DEAL (eBay and COMC listings NOT APPLICABLE/REDEEMABLE)
ssbledsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #54 (permalink)

How about this

If I as a seller have a card that I believe is worth $100 and I sell it to someone else who believes it's worth $100, but in reality it's only a $1 card but I never looked into it as a seller.

Does the buyer have any right to then come back to me after the fact and ask for that $99 back when they find out it's just a $1 card?

I don't think anyone here would say yes, how is that any different than what's happening here?
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #55 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
I would return the lot or get 100$ refund. He is responsible for the authenticity of what he sells. If he wants his money back then he needs to return it from he bought it.
Some type of partial refund should suffice
eliteco3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:38 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
How about this

If I as a seller have a card that I believe is worth $100 and I sell it to someone else who believes it's worth $100, but in reality it's only a $1 card but I never looked into it as a seller.

Does the buyer have any right to then come back to me after the fact and ask for that $99 back when they find out it's just a $1 card?

I don't think anyone here would say yes, how is that any different than what's happening here?
I would disagree with you as this is not a "book value" situation. If I thought Card X was worth $50 and got home to find it worth $5, shame on me. BUT...if the reason it's worth $5 is it's altered, I believe that is different than me thinking it's a Gold Parallel when it's really a Bronze Parallel.
HadWayTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:40 PM   #57 (permalink)

As I keep thinking about this, a simple, "I can't refund you, but I'll take care of you on the next deal" would have worked for me. And you know, he probably will anyway. It just makes me feel like the attitude is "tough cookies" even though I know it's not.

I'm 100% sure he feels bad, but sometimes the seller has to eat a few bucks to keep buyers coming back.

I'm not buying anything for a few weeks anyway as I have 3 Jumbo Topps Football Cases coming in. But something would have made me feel better.
HadWayTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAndKylesCard View Post
How trimmed was it? I had this these three come from the same pack and the williams is shorter than the rest.
I would think it is more likely a mis-cut if the shortened card is directly from the manufacturer; which is a machine error, not human intent. It was likely missed by inspection and made it into a pack.

I would hope employees of card manufacturers would not purposefully engage in trimming cards post-production in an attempt to profit in any form. But I have seen similar things in other areas of manufacturing.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:13 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apclr View Post
How can you not know a card was trimmed? What does trimmed even mean? The card was cut with scissors? O_o
Some trimming is done better than others. The bad ones are done with scissors, but there are artist's cutting boards that will deliver a sharp, precise cut.

You'd be surprised the lengths scammers will go through to make a buck, and some the rather creative and deceitful methods they will employ.

There are many members on here that are bloodhounds when it comes to sniffing out fakes of every sort.

One of my personal faves, and a good read on Scamming 101 is from SCU.