Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2013, 12:16 PM   #26 (permalink)

How do quarterbacks have great rookie years and then flop after that? Freeman looked so promising his rookie year and hasn't been anything close since then. I guess it just took a year defenses to figure him out. I suppose the same can be said for Cam Newton, although, his decline is not as drastic.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paparoke View Post
How do quarterbacks have great rookie years and then flop after that? Freeman looked so promising his rookie year and hasn't been anything close since then. I guess it just took a year defenses to figure him out. I suppose the same can be said for Cam Newton, although, his decline is not as drastic.
Freemans rookie year was pretty bad actually. I think he had 10 TDs and 18 INTs. It was his second year that he looked really good. Pretty high completion percentage and I think he had 25 TDs and only 6 INTs. I thought he would become one of the next elite QBs. I'm not sure what happened.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP4MVP View Post
Glennon is a scrub imho. Sorry if i offended anyone.
Comments like this are ridiculous..... Based on what? What have you seen that makes him a "scrub"? All Ive seen is big time throws with a rifle arm, stands tall in the pocket, solid footwork, gets through his progressions, accuracy, and can throw on the run... Im not saying he is elite but what do you have to call him a scrub?????.... a comment like that with nothing to back it up is ignorant.
VintageCards4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:32 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageCards4Me View Post
Comments like this are ridiculous..... Based on what? What have you seen that makes him a "scrub"? All Ive seen is big time throws with a rifle arm, stands tall in the pocket, solid footwork, gets through his progressions, accuracy, and can throw on the run... Im not saying he is elite but what do you have to call him a scrub?????.... a comment like that with nothing to back it up is ignorant.
Sorry if i offended you
AP4MVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:38 PM   #30 (permalink)

I picked up a Glennon Topps Variation RC for 7.99 on Ebay. There's one left if anyone feels like speculating.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Sorry if i offended you
Im not offended by ignorance..... Im interested in you backing up your statement but I see you have nothing.......
Old 09-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Im not offended by ignorance..... Im interested in you backing up your statement but I see you have nothing.......
I dont need to explain myself to be right. If you dont like my opinion plz dont reply

Last edited by AP4MVP; 09-25-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #33 (permalink)

List those Glennon's! It's the Cardinals...great matchup for him. I see a nice bump if/when he does well this week!
messier2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #34 (permalink)

I could not be happier about this. As a long time Bucs fan and since i am PCing Glennon this year as i did Doug Martin last year im really hoping for our first win next Sunday. Glennon IS going to turn this around i can feel it. He has a HUGE arm everyone knows he hits the gym hard and comes in early for practice and leaves late. He is showing that he is willing to put in the time and effort it will take to get the Bucs offensive line in shape.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:28 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
I dont need to explain myself to be right. If you dont like my opinion plz dont reply
Sikkcaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
HAHA So that equals you have nothing... You just know!.... If you dont like me calling you out asking for facts... Please dont post invalid comments on a subject you know nothing about.....
Old 09-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
HAHA So that equals you have nothing... You just know!.... If you dont like me calling you out asking for facts... Please dont post invalid comments on a subject you know nothing about.....
Im done here. Its no use talking to a nobody

Last edited by AP4MVP; 09-25-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Your hole. Go back into it. Stay there.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:36 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcardcolector View Post
I could not be happier about this. As a long time Bucs fan and since i am PCing Glennon this year as i did Doug Martin last year im really hoping for our first win next Sunday. Glennon IS going to turn this around i can feel it. He has a HUGE arm everyone knows he hits the gym hard and comes in early for practice and leaves late. He is showing that he is willing to put in the time and effort it will take to get the Bucs offensive line in shape.
I hope you are right. They have spent tons of money the past two years and it would be a shame if all of that is for nothing. I think if Glennon doesn't look that great the rest of the season they might go another route next year. The draft is probably going to be QB heavy next year and if they don't draft one they will try to bring in a veteran.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:36 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
HAHA I hope drill sergeant Schiano dont break him like he broke freeman.... Josh went private pyle on him minus the seven six two millimeter full metal jacket......
Old 09-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
I dont have to explain myself to nobody forum members like u. Im done here
Yes... Reminder to self... You cant fix stupid.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:44 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes... Reminder to self... You cant fix stupid.
And thats your opinion and i will respect it
Old 09-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #43 (permalink)

I need proof to be presented to verify the opinion that Ponder's wife is hot... only the best proof will be considered.

-Buy #/% off...2/10%, 3/15%, 4/20%, 5+/25%
-Since when were cards made of gold?!?!
usafshelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #44 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC80_LCM View Post
Freemans rookie year was pretty bad actually. I think he had 10 TDs and 18 INTs. It was his second year that he looked really good. Pretty high completion percentage and I think he had 25 TDs and only 6 INTs. I thought he would become one of the next elite QBs. I'm not sure what happened.
I believe 2010 was Freeman's breakout year. He is better than Glennon for sure. This will not work for the Buccaneers
eliteco3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:59 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
HAHA I hope drill sergeant Schiano dont break him like he broke freeman.... Josh went private pyle on him minus the seven six two millimeter full metal jacket......
Agree with Schiano being a BIG part of the Bucs problems this year. I never dumped this all on Failman. Freeballer has been a problem for the Bucs longer than Schiano has and in my eyes we are 1 step out of a 3 step solution to a winning season. Step 2 would be to get Schiano's head out of his ass and learn how the Big Boys play in the NFL. Step 3 would be getting our special teams working and a KICKER that can hit a friggin 30-40 yard field goal on occasion. /END RANT.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by messier2 View Post
List those Glennon's! It's the Cardinals...great matchup for him. I see a nice bump if/when he does well this week!
Just completed my WOLF PACK the other 2 are in the mail will do a full pic when completed. And I have a few others in the mail as well.

Old 09-25-2013, 04:08 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteco3 View Post
I believe 2010 was Freeman's breakout year. He is better than Glennon for sure. This will not work for the Buccaneers
Why for sure? What do you see? Im not talking about you specifically but I wonder where comments like these come from... What the motives are... Do people defend because they are holding a bunch of freeman or because they are from KANSAS? HA... Do people support Glennon because they bought a bunch of his stuff early? I bought based on what I saw in talent and current selling prices.

My opinion is that Mike & Josh are very similar. In size and in skills but the difference is that Freeman checked out mentally for whatever reason. He was clearly never Schianos guy. Greg has to be somewhat concerned for his job and Id say he is more qualified to make that choice than any one of us. Dominik agreed to it as well .... I liked Freeman a ton for the record but I am really happy I peddled all my holding of him off early last year.....

Last edited by VintageCards4Me; 09-25-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:10 PM   #48 (permalink)

Freeman can't stand Schiano. Revis can't stand Schiano. The entire team calling player only meetings about hating Schiano. The guy is a total waste of an NFL coach. Bucs need a new coach. Freeman a new team!

Kevin
Old 09-25-2013, 04:10 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Agree with Schiano being a BIG part of the Bucs problems this year. I never dumped this all on Failman. Freeballer has been a problem for the Bucs longer than Schiano has and in my eyes we are 1 step out of a 3 step solution to a winning season. Step 2 would be to get Schiano's head out of his ass and learn how the Big Boys play in the NFL. Step 3 would be getting our special teams working and a KICKER that can hit a friggin 30-40 yard field goal on occasion. /END RANT.
SO YOU ARE THE SOB THAT HAS BEEN MAKING ME PAY MORE!!! HAHA... I have practice with my boys soon but Ill scan my PC in later..... Im not holding quite as many but its solid and I have several still incoming.....
Old 09-25-2013, 04:16 PM   #50 (permalink)

Doesnt matter coach will be fired. This screams of desperation to hope a rookie qb helps him maintain a job. When the new coach come son board he brings his qb. So with as many good draft prospects at the qb positon. The starting qb for the 2014 buccanners is not currently on the roster. The entire team quit on this coach and they spent a grip of money on nothing.
canuhandle23 is offline   Reply With Quote