Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageCards4Me View Post
SO YOU ARE THE SOB THAT HAS BEEN MAKING ME PAY MORE!!! HAHA... I have practice with my boys soon but Ill scan my PC in later..... Im not holding quite as many but its solid and I have several still incoming.....
It was nice to get in low already im scanning eBay and seeing on avg double what i paid for most my cards! I just wish Chrome had come out already its gonna be tough to get a good deal on anything out of 25 or less now. I completed my rainbow from Bowman minus the big autos 1/1 1/5 1/10. Im close to a rainbow on Finest and working on Platinum now. Oh and i just got my 0 in wolf pack just now. W will be here by Saturday that was tough to finish!
Old 09-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuhandle23 View Post
Doesnt matter coach will be fired. This screams of desperation to hope a rookie qb helps him maintain a job. When the new coach come son board he brings his qb. So with as many good draft prospects at the qb positon. The starting qb for the 2014 buccanners is not currently on the roster. The entire team quit on this coach and they spent a grip of money on nothing.
Agreed... Schiano will be gone and the Bucs will be drafting a QB

LakeShow
cadillac540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:28 PM   #53 (permalink)

Funny how many people offered me $20 for my Gold AU of Glennon this week trying to speculate (while offering just over half of what they've been going for). Woke up this morning and saw it sold for $45 and knew Freeman was out. At least I don't have to pointlessly counter offers on it anymore.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:28 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikkcaden View Post
What is the deal with Josh Freeman? Pure speculation, but is the guy just lazy, does he have alcohol or substance abuse problems? A couple years ago he was arguably the best young QB in the league...then he regressed. I don't understand.

being a buccaneers fan I feel like he is playing half assed so he will get traded lol
jerryw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:29 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Doesnt matter coach will be fired. This screams of desperation to hope a rookie qb helps him maintain a job. When the new coach come son board he brings his qb. So with as many good draft prospects at the qb positon. The starting qb for the 2014 buccanners is not currently on the roster. The entire team quit on this coach and they spent a grip of money on nothing.
Maybe.... I really like Glennon from film Ive watched. Maybe they will spend a high pick on a LT that will make him feel nice and cozy. Not that Penn is bad at all but Im just saying. I dont know about Schiano in todays NFL. I heard a deal on NFL radio yesterday about him being a Belichick type guy. He wants to coach and run the team like Bill but doesnt have the tenure, respect, or resume to do so.
VintageCards4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #56 (permalink)

How Greg Schiano Set Josh Freeman Up to Fail | Bleacher Report
Old 09-25-2013, 04:34 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Maybe.... I really like Glennon from film Ive watched. Maybe they will spend a high pick on a LT that will make him feel nice and cozy. Not that Penn is bad at all but Im just saying. I dont know about Schiano in todays NFL. I heard a deal on NFL radio yesterday about him being a Belichick type guy. He wants to coach and run the team like Bill but doesnt have the tenure, respect, or resume to do so.
I heard that to and completely agree hes trying to hard to be "THAT GUY". I think if we get a few wins up our sleeves he might come down from that cloud his brain sits on and start coaching!
Old 09-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #58 (permalink)

Kid is ready steady
PC QB Mike Glennon
Old 09-25-2013, 04:42 PM   #59 (permalink)

yOU MIGHT LIKE GLENNON BUT THE TEAM WILL FINISH THEIR LAST 13 GAMES. 5-8. Therefore a new coach will be down there and Taj Boyd will be your starting qb and worse case scenario Manziel will be your starting qb. I also think your next head coach will be a retread coach (im thinking Lovie smith) which isnt bad but this team needs a head coach they respect
canuhandle23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:54 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
yOU MIGHT LIKE GLENNON BUT THE TEAM WILL FINISH THEIR LAST 13 GAMES. 5-8. Therefore a new coach will be down there and Taj Boyd will be your starting qb and worse case scenario Manziel will be your starting qb. I also think your next head coach will be a retread coach (im thinking Lovie smith) which isnt bad but this team needs a head coach they respect
I can't imagine the bucs would want to go from one defensive minded coach to another. I'd think they would look for someone who is an offensive guru of sorts.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:11 PM   #61 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Why for sure? What do you see? Im not talking about you specifically but I wonder where comments like these come from... What the motives are... Do people defend because they are holding a bunch of freeman or because they are from KANSAS? HA... Do people support Glennon because they bought a bunch of his stuff early? I bought based on what I saw in talent and current selling prices.

My opinion is that Mike & Josh are very similar. In size and in skills but the difference is that Freeman checked out mentally for whatever reason. He was clearly never Schianos guy. Greg has to be somewhat concerned for his job and Id say he is more qualified to make that choice than any one of us. Dominik agreed to it as well .... I liked Freeman a ton for the record but I am really happy I peddled all my holding of him off early last year.....
Mike Glennon is no franchise QB. He was overdrafted and is a career backup. I have never purchased a Freeman card in my life. From a physical standpoint he is better than Glennon. The only thing that Glennon has on Freeman is he has not failed yet.
eliteco3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #62 (permalink)

Mike Glennon is terrible.
bballcollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #63 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballcollector View Post
mike glennon is terrible.
looks like im not the only one that thinks this
AP4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:20 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteco3 View Post
Mike Glennon is no franchise QB. He was overdrafted and is a career backup. I have never purchased a Freeman card in my life. From a physical standpoint he is better than Glennon. The only thing that Glennon has on Freeman is he has not failed yet.
Evidently he isn't a "career backup", he's starting 4 games into his rookie year
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/drew306
drew306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:20 PM   #65 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballcollector View Post
Mike Glennon is terrible.
I second this. He looks like my 10 year old neighbor as well
eliteco3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:39 PM   #66 (permalink)

I have a few of his autos and I hope he has a big game but from what I've seen on the college level from him i dont like it at all. Then again he has the talents of Mike Williams, Vjax, Muscle Hamster, and a good defense to work with so anything can happen.
bballcollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:21 PM   #67 (permalink)

Am I the only one thinking another John Skelton scenario v2.0?
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:48 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteco3 View Post
Funny! He was overdrafted? Yet in the PFW draft guide, he recieved a 1-2 round grade, with the strongest arm in the class !Again, great input! And my money says its not your neighbor that's 10 , it's your classmate .

Last edited by storm; 09-25-2013 at 06:51 PM.
storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:41 PM   #69 (permalink)

He dont have to go nuts he just needs to be solid, he got the weapons
Dougie, v jack. Mike will, ogletree
Carolina Panthers
bbplaya11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:27 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP4MVP View Post
looks like im not the only one that thinks this
Looks like that your not the only guy that has nothing to back it up....
Old 09-25-2013, 08:28 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm View Post
Funny! He was overdrafted? Yet in the PFW draft guide, he recieved a 1-2 round grade, with the strongest arm in the class !Again, great input! And my money says its not your neighbor that's 10 , it's your classmate .
HAHA nice... His 10 year old neighbor is 6'7" too....
Old 09-25-2013, 08:30 PM   #72 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Looks like that your not the only guy that has nothing to back it up....
Oh no its the official Mike Glennon bandwagon jumper

Last edited by AP4MVP; 09-25-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
HAHA nice... His 10 year old neighbor is 6'7" too....
LOL!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP4MVP View Post
Oh no its the official Mike Glennon bandwagon jumper
Love the way youre slamming people for liking him, yet you continue to post in a Glennon thread!
Old 09-25-2013, 08:46 PM   #74 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm View Post
LOL!!!!!!!!!

Love the way youre slamming people for liking him, yet you continue to post in a Glennon thread!
Im not slamming people. I gave my opinion and then the op went totally nuts. He also goes nuts when i agree with other people.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:40 PM   #75 (permalink)

I agree Josh Freeman definitely was playing poor but there were 2 dropped TD passes last sun and V Jackson and M Williams hardly played in the 2nd half. RC or not, the passing game is gonna struggle when the #1 & #2 wr are playing hurt, and no other wr/te has more than 3 rec's all year. Hopefully, this will give Josh Freeman motivation and when he get's a 2nd chance if Glennon get's hurt or w/ another team and he can end up like Alex Smith who had fumbling issues early in his career and fans wanted to bench him and he eventually became a solid QB, once Harbaugh designed a offense around his strengths then found a new start w/ a new team.

Arrelious Benn PC: 223 Autos [12-1/1's]
Cards for Trade: https://picasaweb.google.com/116034239487182339232
Torralbae1 is offline   Reply With Quote