Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Question about Beckett Grading Submissions

Which service do you usually choose? Like do you choose 2 days service, 20 days, etc... If you choose the slow one, do they usually get it done quicker than the full 20 days? Thinkin about doing my first one. Any insight is appreciated.
w8lifter28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jef

i would doubt that they would ever get them back quicker, because then youd be less tempted to use a more expensive service.

that said, ive only submitted twice and both times used 5 day service. most of the cards i send in are for my PC and i dont trust them being away that long. would use 10 likely in the case of a huge order, but mine have been about 7 cards both times. i may have one submission in the next couple months, and it will be 5 day.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

I've used 10 day - quick enough for me - I'd only use quicker if it was a card I just had to flip immediately. If it's card I just want graded then 10 days is fine.
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8lifter28 View Post
Which service do you usually choose? Like do you choose 2 days service, 20 days, etc... If you choose the slow one, do they usually get it done quicker than the full 20 days? Thinkin about doing my first one. Any insight is appreciated.
Hey buddy, I would love to offer up what I know and how I submit:

Always utilize the monthly promotion. 20 days is $12 a card and you will get them back in around a month, which isn't bad. 2 day service is a rip off. 10 days is not bad but just use the longer services and be patient.

Wipe all of your cards' surface down with that cloth that comes with your sunglasses.

Beckett is precise with when the order is due and will put a deadline date in with your order. They ALWAYS ship on the deadline date.

Also, PSA has incredible promotions if you become a member. I am doing a bulk order for $5.50 per card. They also do not grade autos which saves even more money. You may want to use PSA for your thin cards......
eliteco3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

I've got this going which is cheap compared to doing it yourself
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/j...ubmission.html
I think 30 spots are left
autos are 9
non autos are 8
Old 09-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

I always use 20-day, turn around is about a month and I've yet to have an issue with the service.

I do need to get used to wiping down my card surfaces though... have yet to really do that, which is probably hurting my grades.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:17 AM   #7 (permalink)

I plan on sending 3 cards. First time. Do you have to put them in any special holder? How do you usually package them? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time in advance.
dareshan is offline   Reply With Quote