Blowout Cards Forums
Blowout Remix

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default My second card "sale" on eBay ever. Time to open a NPB case?

He hit BIN on a Tannehill auto I had up Sunday evening. Three days later, no communication or payment.

In the meantime, he recently lost on an auction for an ungraded version of my card. He's also the current high bidder on a BGS 9 and in the running for another ungraded auction. A BGS 9.5, like mine, was recently purchased via Best Offer and I'm suspicious he was the buyer there too.

The buyer has perfect feedback over 2000. I just don't get it. Thinking I should send him a message tonight asking about his intent. If I receive no payment by tomorrow evening, file an NPB, and have just enough time to relist it as the Monday night Dolphins vs Saints matchup ends...

Any opinions?
Looking for good deals on RC autos from: Terrance Williams, Bernard Pierce, Aaron Dobson, Stedman Bailey, Robert Woods, Marquise Goodwin, DeAndre Hopkins, Kenny Stills, EJ Manuel, etc...(Usually interested in mid end.)
FanboyOfNone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

Seems smart enough, shame that there's so many NPB's that continue to be free to do it without reprisal.
Andrew Luck
HBMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

Sounds like he has one himself he's about to unload and trying to jack up the price of the others before listing it
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

So, with the knowledge that he is...likely shady, should I just file a NPB tonight without a message? Or message him and say something like, "Not to bother you, but I've noticed you bidding on a few cards similar to mine in the past 2 days. When can I expect to receive payment? Thanks."
Looking for good deals on RC autos from: Terrance Williams, Bernard Pierce, Aaron Dobson, Stedman Bailey, Robert Woods, Marquise Goodwin, DeAndre Hopkins, Kenny Stills, EJ Manuel, etc...(Usually interested in mid end.)

Last edited by FanboyOfNone; 09-26-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

3 days is nothing. There are a lot of buyers that will not communicate and pay on the last day (depending on your settings). I give them 5 and then a case opens automatically. If they message that they need a few more days then I give it to them.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

I've had people with 2,000+ feedback take 5 days to pay. I would wait a little longer.
*The World's Official #1 Ariana Grande Superfan*
Kobe24>MJ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrodsalas View Post
3 days is nothing. There are a lot of buyers that will not communicate and pay on the last day (depending on your settings). I give them 5 and then a case opens automatically. If they message that they need a few more days then I give it to them.
But given the circumstances of him bidding on the exact same non numbered Tannehill auto in 3 or 4 different auctions since winning mine...isn't that strange?

I know what you're saying. This just isn't a card I see people snatching up multiples of. Yet he's bidding on each one left and right.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Bin only with instant payment only. Auctions are a joke
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:11 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
Bin only with instant payment only. Auctions are a joke
This. I just listed my stuff with only BIN with immediate payment since it sucks waiting 7 days just to have somebody not pay.
*The World's Official #1 Ariana Grande Superfan*
Kobe24>MJ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:11 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanboyOfNone View Post
But given the circumstances of him bidding on the exact same non numbered Tannehill auto in 3 or 4 different auctions since winning mine...isn't that strange?

I know what you're saying. This just isn't a card I see people snatching up multiples of. Yet he's bidding on each one left and right.
Not strange at all. Does he have false positive feedback?
Old 09-25-2013, 11:13 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Not strange at all. Does he have false positive feedback?
Not sure how to tell.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:18 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
He hit BIN on a Tannehill auto I had up Sunday evening. Three days later, no communication or payment.

In the meantime, he recently lost on an auction for an ungraded version of my card. He's also the current high bidder on a BGS 9 and in the running for another ungraded auction. A BGS 9.5, like mine, was recently purchased via Best Offer and I'm suspicious he was the buyer there too.

The buyer has perfect feedback over 2000. I just don't get it. Thinking I should send him a message tonight asking about his intent. If I receive no payment by tomorrow evening, file an NPB, and have just enough time to relist it as the Monday night Dolphins vs Saints matchup ends...

Any opinions?

One thing I like to do is look at the feedback that a buyer receives and what they are buying and how long it takes for them to pay
Old 09-25-2013, 11:19 PM   #13 (permalink)

If he doesn't pay by sunday I would open a case.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:25 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Not sure how to tell.
Click on his feedback score and read some of them. Sellers can't leave negative so sometimes they leave a "positive" with a description saying the buyer does not pay.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:28 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcardsrgreat View Post
One thing I like to do is look at the feedback that a buyer receives and what they are buying and how long it takes for them to pay
What I've determined from recent activity is that he's buying enough Tannehill base to build a small bunker. He seems to pay quick from the feedback...

...except for one seller who filed a NPB case, said he was slow to pay, complained about lack of communication. Then left a positive feedback.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:30 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Click on his feedback score and read some of them. Sellers can't leave negative so sometimes they leave a "positive" with a description saying the buyer does not pay.
Ah thanks! Suddenly my last reply makes much more sense.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:31 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
What I've determined from recent activity is that he's buying enough Tannehill base to build a small bunker. He seems to pay quick from the feedback...

...except for one seller who filed a NPB case, said he was slow to pay, complained about lack of communication. Then left a positive feedback.
That is a false positive.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:44 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
That is a false positive.
Thanks for the info. I'm really new at this whole selling thing.

And thanks to everyone who replied! Guess I'll wait it out for now...
Old 09-26-2013, 12:06 AM   #19 (permalink)

I know a member of this board who likes to jack of prices of similar cards he has so that he can unload his stash. Problem is sometimes he is high bidder and doesn't pay with the second account he made. Fool actually bid on his own items with second account and left feedback to his second account. Genius had four digits (same exact 4) at end of bought account names. He later changed the shill account and removed four digits with _gems. Sucks I know he would try to mess with my account if I said who he is.

So to the OP, my guess is tannehill bidder is trying to drive up price

Last edited by preakness; 09-26-2013 at 01:35 PM.
preakness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:41 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
So, with the knowledge that he is...likely shady, should I just file a NPB tonight without a message? Or message him and say something like, "Not to bother you, but I've noticed you bidding on a few cards similar to mine in the past 2 days. When can I expect to receive payment? Thanks."

If he doesn't pay, I'm really starting to wonder about the legal boundaries here.

I have his information, which Google shows to be his business contact info. Manager at a construction business about 90 minutes away from me. Maybe I'm a wealthy guy with some major remodeling needed. Maybe I want to call in and (fake) meet for lunch 30 miles out of his way.
Just open a case, follow eBay procedures. Close case after the certain number days. Relist
Old 09-26-2013, 06:43 AM   #21 (permalink)

Why do you people still run BIN auctions but not require the buyer to pay immediately? eBay instituted that option because of this very thing. USE IT!

New rule: Nobody is allowed to cry on these boards anymore about "Buyer hit BIN but hasn't paid and it's been x number of days" because the only one who made the mistake, is the seller for not using the Immediate Payment Required on BIN option. We have these threads way too often around here.
Shogun2049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:29 AM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

The buyer is hotglass2011. He buys tons of low/mid-end Tannehill and Kaepernick.

He'll pay.

He didn't purchase the other 9.5 1957 auto.
epic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:10 AM   #23 (permalink)

BIN with immediate payment has many drawbacks as well. Main one being combined shipping. As a buyer I typically will not buy from those sellers even though I pay within 24 hours.

As far as false positives, Ebay is cracking down on that in the past week or so on the Ebay boards at least 3 sellers have reported getting selling restrictions for doing so.

I file automatically on day 4, I never send any emails or anything like that. Ebay sends enough invoices as it is so there is no doubt they know they have to pay.

There are consequences for buyers who do not pay. There is a block most sellers use that blocks buyers with more than 2 strikes in a 12 month period. Thing is many sellers do not give their buyers strikes, to me those sellers are as big of a problem as non-payers.

There is a report you can run that shows how many get snagged by that block though and it work believe me. I have about 18 pages of bidders my requirements blocked and about 16 pages of them are for too many strikes.
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:20 PM   #24 (permalink)

set up your account to open a NPB case after x amount of days (you choose 2, 4, etc) then you have to do NOTHING. Ebay will take care of all the messaging. Once the case is opened there is another 4 days they have to pay. You should and I would suggest putting this information into your listings so there is no confusion. Now I will say that a good amount of people will not read an auction description in full or at all, but if it is there they cannot complain.

There is no reason to have to manually open a case especially if you have not set payment terms according to ebay policy.

Some sellers will tell you they give 10 days, some 7 some 30. I have mine set for 4 days and then the extra 4 days for 8 total. Check out my ebay link to see my desciptions to get an idea. I have seen other here with similar terminology.

I also do mainly BIN/BO w/payment immediatly on the BIN. I do have just about all auctions running now with BIN but that is because they gave me 1,000,000 free listings which ended yesterday.

Look around here for the different setting people have on their selling accounts, it will greatly lessen the chance of a NPB, will you get some, of course, but the more settings and restrictions you have the better off you will be. Is it possible that someone you might have blocked is a big wig buyer? Yes, but if they pick and choose who they pay, then just save yourself the headache. I'm sure I have lost sales due to my settings, but I have rarely needed to deal with dumb buyers or issues. I've had plenty over the years so it's not like I've been a spot free seller.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote