Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2013, 09:04 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
ManInTheMirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 36,850
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_Wildcat View Post
Just something about the legitimacy of this website that seems fishy to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_Wildcat View Post
Sure, just never personally have heard of it.
So just because YOU haven't heard of it?? whut
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
Rhyster66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,874
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
So just because YOU haven't heard of it?? whut
Like IKR???? This this this.
:turkey:
__________________
Rip City Saints.
Rhyster66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
UK_Wildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 4,042
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
So just because YOU haven't heard of it?? whut
You're always looking for an argument, huh?

Cranky again I see. What's new?
__________________
I can only ship within the U.S. Sorry. PM me! I often forget to check back with threads I've posted in! http://s1112.photobucket.com/user/YoItsWilson/library/Football-Autos%20and%20Patch%20Autos?sort=3&page=1 Pending: kissmaster, geezhound, sportscards9010
UK_Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
ManInTheMirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 36,850
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_Wildcat View Post
You're always looking for an argument, huh?

Cranky again I see. What's new?
YOU say something dumb and get called out on it. But yet I'm looking for an argument and cranky? Get real
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
SDcardguy24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 5,055
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_Wildcat View Post
Heard about them both on ESPN. Sue me.
Cool. I can only handle so much ESPN "breaking news" :turkey:
__________________
"I can't remember the last time I had a losing day" -EricInCT
"Now what if he were to break his leg tomorrow and damage ligaments and never play again? What would those be worth? Just wondering?" -Brewcrew226
"show me your credentials before you keep speaking" -Running Back
SDcardguy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
UK_Wildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 4,042
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
YOU say something dumb and get called out on it. But yet I'm looking for an argument and cranky. WTF is this site coming to.
So I'm dumb because I have never heard of Deadspin? I suppose I should be monitoring the legitimacy of every sports news website known to man before I comment regarding a story that is clearly hear-say at this point.
__________________
I can only ship within the U.S. Sorry. PM me! I often forget to check back with threads I've posted in! http://s1112.photobucket.com/user/YoItsWilson/library/Football-Autos%20and%20Patch%20Autos?sort=3&page=1 Pending: kissmaster, geezhound, sportscards9010
UK_Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:13 PM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
ManInTheMirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 36,850
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_Wildcat View Post
So I'm dumb because I have never heard of Deadspin? I suppose I should be monitoring the legitimacy of every sports news website known to man before I comment regarding a story that is clearly hear-say at this point.
I never said you are dumb. I said it was dumb of you crapping on a site you have never even heard of and know nothing about.
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
UK_Wildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 4,042
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
I never said you are dumb. I said it was dumb of you crapping on a site you have never even heard of and know nothing about.
I said the story seemed fishy and was unsure about the legitimacy of the website. I suppose that is declared as "$hitting" on it?

None-the-less. He's innocent until proven guilty. :turkey:
__________________
I can only ship within the U.S. Sorry. PM me! I often forget to check back with threads I've posted in! http://s1112.photobucket.com/user/YoItsWilson/library/Football-Autos%20and%20Patch%20Autos?sort=3&page=1 Pending: kissmaster, geezhound, sportscards9010
UK_Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:20 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,506
Default

Deadspin is legit and I've written for them in the past
JoshHamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:24 PM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 366
Default

Best Player in the Nation! He isn't 5'9''

bes04c9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
UK_Wildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 4,042
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshHamilton View Post
Deadspin is legit and I've written for them in the past
Cool, I suppose I should have re-worded my initial post. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.
__________________
I can only ship within the U.S. Sorry. PM me! I often forget to check back with threads I've posted in! http://s1112.photobucket.com/user/YoItsWilson/library/Football-Autos%20and%20Patch%20Autos?sort=3&page=1 Pending: kissmaster, geezhound, sportscards9010
UK_Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:35 PM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
lionsfan20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 3,471
Default

Did anybody even read up on the story?? The person described by the women is not even close to Winston. She described a man with straight hair about 5.9 and 240lbs. Winston is 6.4 with curly hair. Also this investigation has been going on for over a year and Winston was only questioned and has not been charged with anything. This is not a new case it just came out now probably due to the hype around him and people digging for dirt.
__________________
I collect Exquisite, Triple Threads, National Treasures, Five star and SP Barry Sanders stuff.

Photobucket: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v480/lors/Football%20Cards/
lionsfan20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:22 PM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsfan20 View Post
Did anybody even read up on the story?? The person described by the women is not even close to Winston. She described a man with straight hair about 5.9 and 240lbs. Winston is 6.4 with curly hair. Also this investigation has been going on for over a year and Winston was only questioned and has not been charged with anything. This is not a new case it just came out now probably due to the hype around him and people digging for dirt.
Agreed about the hype reasons. But a description doesn't mean anything. When it supposedly happened at OkState, the "victim" said she was too intoxicated to give an accurate description at the time, she just knew it was an OSU basketball player. A couple weeks after the police showed her a team photo and asked her to pick out the purp in the photo. She chose a player, he was arrested and charged. It took almost 2 years for the charges to be brought against him officially and for it to go to court. He was convicted with no proof.

Truth is, if charges are brought against him for sexual assault he WILL be suspended from school immediately and not be able to be reinstated until after trial.

"Florida State University policy requires any student-athlete facing felony charges be suspended."
rbb147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:00 AM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,188
Default

Just saw this statement from Winstons attorney. Looks like some "person" contacted the police that reopened the case and referred it to the state attorney for possible criminal charges. Its funny that whoever this "person" was had TMZ with them when they contacted police to get the case reopened. If this truthfully has been transferred to the SA it could spell charges Fingers crossed, have to love people who feel the need to get attention. OR TMZ did some major guess work to get this case back open.

Warchant.com - Jameis Winston part of sexual assault investigation

" Winston's attorney Tim Jansen did say that police had spoken to him about the case in February of 2013, but did not interview Winston at the time. Jansen said he was under the impression that the case was closed, but re-opened and sent to the State Attorney's office after media requests for the report. The Tallahassee Police Department said it is continuing its investigation and has consulted with the Florida State Attorney's office as to the direction of the case. TPD has declined to comment further at this time. Any athlete charged with a felony is ineligible to compete per Florida State policy. "

Last edited by rbb147; 11-14-2013 at 12:10 AM.
rbb147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:09 AM   #40 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 697
Default

FSU should do the right thing and suspend him immediately.
aliceinpains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:10 AM   #41 (permalink)
Member
 
ManInTheMirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 36,850
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliceinpains View Post
FSU should do the right thing and suspend him immediately.
Over allegations that may not even be true?
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:19 AM   #42 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 697
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
Over allegations that may not even be true?
Ohio state suspended Carlos Hyde for 3 games over an arguement in a bar. No charges were filed.
aliceinpains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:19 AM   #43 (permalink)
Member
 
HBMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 8,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickha2 View Post
Now who would have sex with a battery?
FEEL THE POWER!
__________________
I PC: Dallas Cowboys, Arkansas Razorbacks, StL Cards, KC Chiefs
http://s1092.photobucket.com/albums/i413/hogsboysmavscards/
Searching for a 14 UD Chris Smith B&W #'d/10
Andrew Luck RIP Oscar Taveras
HBMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:20 AM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
HBMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 8,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliceinpains View Post
Ohio state suspended Carlos Hyde for 3 games over an arguement in a bar. No charges were filed.
Urban Meyer is an #@#@#@hole, that's why this happened.
__________________
I PC: Dallas Cowboys, Arkansas Razorbacks, StL Cards, KC Chiefs
http://s1092.photobucket.com/albums/i413/hogsboysmavscards/
Searching for a 14 UD Chris Smith B&W #'d/10
Andrew Luck RIP Oscar Taveras
HBMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:24 AM   #45 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliceinpains View Post
Ohio state suspended Carlos Hyde for 3 games over an arguement in a bar. No charges were filed.
Urban Meyer did miss on that whole Aaron Hernandez "shot" somebody thing <- to be fair
rbb147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:56 AM   #46 (permalink)
Member
 
Sikkcaden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Erie,Pa
Posts: 6,286
Default

I knew the brain-power of blowout was questionable at times, but this is borderline incredible. He is under investigation. That's not a charge, that's not a guilty verdict....you're letting your personal bias of a young man's performance on the football field make you wish that his life is completely ruined, without any facts? Do better.

What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Wait until some facts come out before you want to throw a kid under the jail.
__________________
ORLANDO JOHNSON/PAUL GEORGE/Albert Belle and many more! Pacers/Dolphins!
My bucket! http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/user/sikkcaden/library/
Twitter: @SikkCaden
Sikkcaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:58 AM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,618
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

Bombshell..... I like how no one has brought up the victim.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:00 AM   #48 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,618
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikkcaden View Post
I knew the brain-power of blowout was questionable at times, but this is borderline incredible. He is under investigation. That's not a charge, that's not a guilty verdict....you're letting your personal bias of a young man's performance on the football field make you wish that his life is completely ruined, without any facts? Do better.

What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Wait until some facts come out before you want to throw a kid under the jail.
That's how it works in society with sex offenders.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:06 AM   #49 (permalink)
Member
 
Sikkcaden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Erie,Pa
Posts: 6,286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
That's how it works in society with sex offenders.
And how many people have ever been falsely accused of sexual assault, rape, sexual battery? Clearly people need to take a step back. Even if the investigators come out and say Jameis has been cleared of any wrong doing, there will be a group of people that will always be under the impression that he's a sex offender. That's not fair.
__________________
ORLANDO JOHNSON/PAUL GEORGE/Albert Belle and many more! Pacers/Dolphins!
My bucket! http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/user/sikkcaden/library/
Twitter: @SikkCaden
Sikkcaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:32 AM   #50 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,618
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikkcaden View Post
And how many people have ever been falsely accused of sexual assault, rape, sexual battery? Clearly people need to take a step back. Even if the investigators come out and say Jameis has been cleared of any wrong doing, there will be a group of people that will always be under the impression that he's a sex offender. That's not fair.
I completely understand this, and I Agree. That's what I'm saying.

10 years from now, if he is still in the spotlight, people will still call him a sex offender because this came out, even if he didn't do it.

Just like there are people who still say this about Big Ben and Kobe.

Heck even that OSU fan keeps bringing up Brandon Gibbons, even though no charges or convictions happened. To him, Michigan covered it up somehow. Like they would protect a freshman kicker rapist for whatever reason.

Last edited by groundsupport; 11-14-2013 at 09:36 AM.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.