Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #51 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
I completely understand this, and I Agree. That's what I'm saying.

10 years from now, if he is still in the spotlight, people will still call him a sex offender because this came out, even if he didn't do it.

Just like there are people who still say this about Big Ben and Kobe.

Heck even that OSU fan keeps bringing up Brandon Gibbons, even though no charges or convictions happened. To him, Michigan covered it up somehow. Like they would protect a freshman kicker rapist for whatever reason.
Really dude? Really?

This is a little bit more in detailed information then the Jameis Winston story. Apples to Apples though.

The Cover-up of the Arrest of University of Michigan Football player, Brendan Gibbons, for Rape - Washtenaw Watchdogs
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #52 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
Really dude? Really?

This is a little bit more in detailed information then the Jameis Winston story. Apples to Apples though.

The Cover-up of the Arrest of University of Michigan Football player, Brendan Gibbons, for Rape - Washtenaw Watchdogs

Yep, and still no charges, no convictions. And you still bring it up.

Thanks for proving my point.
groundsupport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:56 AM   #53 (permalink)

How many times has the police report been redacted? I'd be interested to see the original report compared to the 'finalized' report from the police.

I'm fully in favor of innocent until proven guilty, no need to take action against him yet. (Full disclosure, I am an Alabama fan haha)
Old 11-14-2013, 09:15 AM   #54 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Quote:
Yep, and still no charges, no convictions. And you still bring it up.

Thanks for proving my point.
I didn't bring it up. You did. Starting pointless trouble as usual.
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:20 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
I didn't bring it up. You did. Starting pointless trouble as usual.
I was pointing out the fact that people in society comes to terms about possible sex offenders even if the sex offender is found in no wrong doing in the eyes of the law.

Which is what will happen in this case as well, most likely.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:29 AM   #56 (permalink)

"In addition to the male and female listed in the report, Jansen said there were two additional witnesses who signed statements."

I like this part too, that TMZ and others have failed to bring up. If you look at less drama filled sources trying to make a buck, you'll see the true story.

The victim and perp were consuming alcohol before and during the incident that occurred at 1:30 AM. The police were called to the apartment at 4:00 AM because of sounds of an altercation. <- It sounds to me like someones boyfriend might have come home early Probably why the police never went any further.
rbb147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbb147 View Post
"In addition to the male and female listed in the report, Jansen said there were two additional witnesses who signed statements."

I like this part too, that TMZ and others have failed to bring up. If you look at less drama filled sources trying to make a buck, you'll see the true story.

The victim and perp were consuming alcohol before and during the incident that occurred at 1:30 AM. The police were called to the apartment at 4:00 AM because of sounds of an altercation. <- It sounds to me like someones boyfriend might have come home early Probably why the police never went any further.
So its drunken sex? If thats the case why is this even a story.
AP4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP4MVP View Post
So its drunken sex? If thats the case why is this even a story.
Well I'm saying it sounds to me like drunken sex. The answer to your question, because he is the heisman front runner and taking them to a Ship. TMZ didn't fall on it. Someone told them, it could have been an internal police officer, but I doubt someone would risk their job. The story was probably sold to them, by the victim or boyfriend if there is one. They knew it would be an easy buck on a hot story regardless of the outcome. Whoever told TMZ is lined up for $50-$300K or more in their wallet.

Its now a lose lose situation. If hes not charged it will be called a coverup and if he is charged it will be an attempt at derailing his career.

Last edited by rbb147; 11-14-2013 at 10:00 AM.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:02 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbb147 View Post
it could have been an internal police officer, but I doubt someone would risk their job.
Our local police force does not have a positive reputation. They are currently being sued for battery and paid out big time for the murder of a CI a few years ago.

Not saying they had anything to do with it coming to light after it was closed ten months ago, but don't rule anything out with the TPD.

Our state (at least the northern portion) has a strong 'good ole boy' reputation, with long standing police chiefs, sheriffs and the state AG. Lots of fishy things go on and if you have connections you have immunity around here.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #60 (permalink)
Banned

Can we at least wait for the details of the investigation before putting this 19 year old kid on blast for this?

To the OP: Wow, you used to write for Deadspin. How about showing a bit of responsibility before you recklessly throw around convictions. Deadspin posted the facts but you have taken it upon yourself to attack others opinions and speculation. That is all this is at this point, unless you have informative facts to share with the rest of us.

Here is a good read for you:
USATODAY.com - Do you really know your sports hero?
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:02 PM   #61 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshHamilton View Post
Reports: Jameis Winston Under Investigation For Alleged Sexual Battery

Hope this doesn't hurt his Heisman chances or their BCS chances.

Just kidding. I hope it ruins both
Where you at? Got anymore breaking news to add to your irresponsible comments about a 19 year old's life?
Old 11-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
Where you at? Got anymore breaking news to add to your irresponsible comments about a 19 year old's life?
Tyson attacks!
Old 11-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #63 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
Can we at least wait for the details of the investigation before putting this 19 year old kid on blast for this?

To the OP: Wow, you used to write for Deadspin. How about showing a bit of responsibility before you recklessly throw around convictions. Deadspin posted the facts but you have taken it upon yourself to attack others opinions and speculation. That is all this is at this point, unless you have informative facts to share with the rest of us.

Here is a good read for you:
USATODAY.com - Do you really know your sports hero?
Are you seriously this stupid, or is it some sort of act because you dislike me?

Thread title: Jameis Winston UNDER INVESTIGATION for sexual battery

Link provided: An article entitled Jameis Winston UNDER INVESTIGATION for sexual battery

My posts in this thread: Hope this doesn't hurt his Heisman chances or their BCS chances.

. Not throwing around convictions or accusations.

...and telling someone that Deadspin is a legit site. Again, not throwing around convictions or accusations.

You are a buffoon
JoshHamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:18 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Are you seriously this stupid, or is it some sort of act because you dislike me?

Link provided: An article entitled Jameis Winston UNDER INVESTIGATION for sexual battery

My posts in this thread: Hope this doesn't hurt his Heisman chances or their BCS chances.

...and telling someone that Deadspin is a legit site. Again, not throwing around convictions or accusations.

You are a buffoon

Winner!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #65 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

You are a buffoon
I am a buffoon? I am sure you are right. Did you not state that you want this to ruin his BCS and Heisman hopes? You are talking about a 19 year old kid and very serious allegations with his name being thrown around irresponsibly. You chose your words, so roll with it. And no I do not like you, so it seems you are smart enough to recognize that bit choose to be ignorant enough to comment like you did. The internet is funny thing. You can hide behind your computer but you can no longer hide what you are.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #66 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Deadspin is legit and I've written for them in the past
If you do not mind, I would like to see what you wrote for them posted. Got a link?
Old 11-15-2013, 01:26 PM   #67 (permalink)

Anyone dumb enough to consider jameis guilty from this story on

deadbeatreportersthatarelookingtogetpaidoff.com

Is an idiot and should be put on trial for the thousands of police reports in their city with descriptions that dont come close to resembling them.

That is all.

everyone has a right to their opinion.. mine just happens to be better than most.
Chrisp253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #68 (permalink)

Local whispers lead to someone in the Tampa area who is a booster/fan/alumni of U. of Alabama bringing a dead case to light after Jacob Coker's surgery. FSU's backup is now a third string with little experience and the motive appears to create enough controversy that to save PR face Winston is temporarily removed.

Those with more information are being very quiet. Does it have something to do with the cherry picking of the championship game schools?

I don't have a theory. I'm simply confused as why a closed case from ten months ago is magically forwarded to the State AG's office the day after Jacob Coker is announced as out for the season.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #69 (permalink)

Willie Meggs (State's Attorney) needs to eventually get re-elected in Tallahassee. He attended FSU Law School and is an avid supporter of the team.This case was buried once, and it will be buried again.

I graduated there '96, have been a Booster/Season Ticket holder since 1997 and a Lifetime Member of the Alumni Association since 2005. Believe me when I tell you that nothing is bigger in Tallahassee than the football team (well, Ted Bundy was, but they finally fried him).

Whoever above referenced the "Old boy network" is 100% correct. This is just a road bump. It may derail Heisman votes, but not the team getting to Pasadena as long as they win out. That will not be stopped.

Edit: I'm not saying that it is "right"...that's just the way it is down there.

Last edited by Mattsurewood; 11-15-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Mattsurewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:55 PM   #70 (permalink)

No.

That is all.
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:14 PM   #71 (permalink)

Here is why its never possible to believe allegations of rape with athletes, women like this... Happened last night or the night before with a college basketball team (Oakland) She called rape after the team ran the train on her.

Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com
Old 11-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #72 (permalink)

So looks like the Victim was threatened to shut up about it.

How long before he is charged?
Old 11-20-2013, 04:37 PM   #73 (permalink)

Alleged victim in Winston investigation speaks out - ESPN
Old 11-20-2013, 05:47 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
So looks like the Victim was threatened to shut up about it.

How long before he is charged?
Probably not that much longer. This could affect the outcome of the voters in the weeks ahead.
aliceinpains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:51 PM   #75 (permalink)

ITT: groupie ratchets.
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote