Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #26 (permalink)

I 'accidentally' posted twice
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
If someone has something you want, wouldn't you want to know how much they want for it?

no, I'd just want to know what I'd be willing to pay for it. Sorry, the seller wasn't at any fault here. Wasn't being sly, they didn't pull one over on you, they didn't 'get' you. Seller merely was selling an item, it was a regular transaction on his behalf
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #28 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

This thread is hilarious and horribly saddening all at the same time. I really wish that my problems were of this nature being that my life would be great and worry free. Some people just need to take a step back and re-evaluate things.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:09 PM   #29 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
already working on it, and am getting even more stressed out over it seeing as it's been like 3 hours since i sent my offer in and still haven't heard back on it yet
I don't think you even know what stress is.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:17 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
This thread is hilarious and horribly saddening all at the same time. I really wish that my problems were of this nature being that my life would be great and worry free. Some people just need to take a step back and re-evaluate things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
I don't think you even know what stress is.
First of all, I very well know what stress is as I had some very bad anxiety issues in college and almost had to drop out from them.

Second, just because I'm "stressed" about something, doesn't at all say the level of stress involved. The "stress" from this would rank at about a 1 or 2 or me, would you rather have me said, "I'm slightly anxious about hearing back from him and the unknown factor of all of this is making me really want a response"?

I figured saying I was stressed was a simpler way to say it

And I obviously have bigger problems in life, but why can't I vent about a smaller issue? It's a public message board where 99% of the posts are nonsense that really have no bearing on real life events/outcomes/situations, figured it was okay to share in the sharing of total first world problems because I was having a slow day at work and had some free time on my hands

So sorry to upset you guys
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #31 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
So sorry to upset you guys
apology accepted
Old 11-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #32 (permalink)

Um this may sound a completely illogical question, but if you want to know what the seller is looking for, for the item why not just ask them? I am also not understanding where you say, "well because the item was auto-declined at $100, I thought he would decline $200 as well." Plenty of sellers list an item higher and take less than half, especially on items over a couple hundred dollars.
John 12:25-26 "Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life."
nateyad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:24 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateyad View Post
Um this may sound a completely illogical question, but if you want to know what the seller is looking for, for the item why not just ask them? I am also not understanding where you say, "well because the item was auto-declined at $100, I thought he would decline $200 as well." Plenty of sellers list an item higher and take less than half, especially on items over a couple hundred dollars.
To answer your first question, it's because I personally HATE it when someone does that to me.

If I have something listed as a OBO, don't message me asking what I want for it, make me an offer and I'll accept/decline/counter it.

The only time I will send that question is when I know I want to buy it, almost no matter the needed price, but don't have the money right away and need to find out from the seller how much they want so I can sell stuff off so that I can then make the necessary offer.

To the second part, I just assumed that if someone wanted to automatically decline 100 bucks instead of being able to counter that, that doubling that offer, but still more than 50% below asking price, wouldn't be accepted, but countered.

I was actually afraid of that being on auto decline as well when I first submitted it, just figured at $500 listing on a VERY hard to come by item, the seller would have been looking for $300-400 (which would have been grossly over priced)

I was obviously wrong.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #34 (permalink)

Since I know everyone has been on pins and needles about this, here's and update for you

I think it's all going to work out for me in the end, and yes I'm still going to be cryptic about this as I'm not new here, you should never reveal real information on here
Old 11-20-2013, 03:35 PM   #35 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
I 'accidentally' posted twice
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I see what you did there
Old 11-20-2013, 03:50 PM   #36 (permalink)

Well I refresh the page and MITM is suspended, huh?

I would have just held out for one signed by all the players. Usually when the dealers are out, they are getting multiple helmets done, some get lucky and get the whole team while some miss out on a few big names.

Also would have messaged the seller if I wanted to know what he wants.

Good luck.
SDcardguy24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:58 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDcardguy24 View Post
Well I refresh the page and MITM is suspended, huh?
Had to be from a different thread, he didn't say anything in this one that was suspension worthy
Old 11-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #38 (permalink)

Last time i had an accident I became a father.

Sounds like you just set the market against yourself. Sucks but dont think the seller did anything wrong.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:23 AM   #39 (permalink)

seller did nothing wrong; had 2 items that were different
hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:12 AM   #40 (permalink)

So.... who are the missing sigs?
1) 13 UD Nationals Infinite
marinocollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:46 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
So I bought a team signed item accidentally last week, the seller had it listed at a very high BIN, so i sent a lowball offer just to see what he'd counter at to see what they were looking for on it, it was auto declined. So I doubled the offer, but still was below 50% of the asking price, figuring I'd get a counter to see what they really wanted, but instead it was accepted.

Now the item also wasn't signed by the FULL team, as a couple players were missing from it, but I figured I could always get those last few signatures some day.

Fast forward 3 days and the same seller, but under a different name (and after doing research they sell under 3 or 4 names) lists another one, this one with the FULL team, nobody missing on it, and the BIN OBO is $100 above what I spent on the other one that was missing players.

Seems pretty clear to me that he used the not fully team signed item to set the market, priced this other one just above it, and will ask for more because it has the whole team.

So angry at both myself and the seller, probably myself more though.

Not sure what I'm going to do, I feel like with what I already spent on it, I almost need to pick this other one up because it has the full team on it this time. But then do I return the other one (he does accept returns), do I keep it and try to flip it myself later in the season (it should go up in value in a few months I think), or do I hang onto it until I can get those last few signatures and then try and flip it?

Now it's a matter of if this seller realizes it's the same person who bought the first one from him offering on this second one, and if he might just not sell to me figuring I'm going to return the other to him.

Maybe I email him and say I want this one because it's not missing anyone, offer him more than I spent on the other and tell him I'll return the other one to him and that way I've also set the market even higher for him with this purchase, I have no idea

UGH

Just angry and wanted to vent
Silly Wildcat!
jewcer2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote