Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2014, 11:58 AM   #26 (permalink)

Well I saw a mock draft were they think we will snag a DE out of Notre Dame. I would be fine with that in the 1st round if the guy is decent. I really don't follow college ball and watching college highlights just doesn't do it for me.

Datone Jones I think wasn't used effectively. He had flashes of good play like when he blocked that extra point and he got decent pressure on the QB at times.

Nick Perry isn't Clay Matthews, but besides DeMarcus Ware who is really close at being Clay? No one really. Perry got some sacks this season, but I think with a new DC he can be used to perfection. Also, I would really love to see Kevin Greene work some serious coaching into him and get him amped to be the next LT.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:13 PM   #27 (permalink)

Let hope that our LB coach Kevin Green gets into the Hall of Fame!
Old 01-17-2014, 02:29 PM   #28 (permalink)

Kevin Greene's walking. BUmmer. I liked him and will never forget the XLV quote to fire up Matthews.
Packers announce Kevin Greene’s leaving coaching staff | ProFootballTalk

"It. Is. Time." - Kevin Greene
TheHelmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:07 PM   #29 (permalink)

Great and honest article by Bob McGinn.
The only thing I didn't agree with was about Rodgers in Playoff games.

Bob McGinn - 2013 Season Review - No time for Packers to be complacent after failed season

Cards for trade or sale:
http://s568.photobucket.com/albums/ss121/titletowncards/
titletowncards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:12 PM   #30 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

freethrowtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:26 PM   #31 (permalink)

Lets see who they get in there.

Kevin
Old 01-21-2014, 01:44 AM   #32 (permalink)

This really made me laugh.
New Detroit Lions Conference Participants T-Shirt, On Sale NOW!

http://www.alternativehero.com/
Old 01-21-2014, 01:58 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelmutt View Post
This really made me laugh.
New Detroit Lions Conference Participants T-Shirt, On Sale NOW!

Alternative Hero
HAHAHA that is a great shirt. I especially like the change of the lion into a kitty cat

My photobucket: http://s451.photobucket.com/albums/qq239/GOWIFB/
GOWIFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 05:09 PM   #34 (permalink)

Let's bump this up
raydawg24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:57 PM   #35 (permalink)

we are a contender every year and Ted isnt taking the opportunity to get veterans at discounts to play for winners. that is completely stupid.

other than Matthews (who spends half the season on the bench) our LB dont scare anyone and never have which leaves our CB & Safeties looking in the backfield to stop the run.

i dont think Kevin Greene left because he wanted to. he couldnt get it done. his numbers look good but Matthews is responsible for 1/3-1/5 of those sacks and big plays himself. none of the other LB developed well at all
Old 01-25-2014, 07:01 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicoCheese View Post
Well I saw a mock draft were they think we will snag a DE out of Notre Dame. I would be fine with that in the 1st round if the guy is decent. I really don't follow college ball and watching college highlights just doesn't do it for me.

Datone Jones I think wasn't used effectively. He had flashes of good play like when he blocked that extra point and he got decent pressure on the QB at times.

Nick Perry isn't Clay Matthews, but besides DeMarcus Ware who is really close at being Clay? No one really. Perry got some sacks this season, but I think with a new DC he can be used to perfection. Also, I would really love to see Kevin Greene work some serious coaching into him and get him amped to be the next LT.
size wise datone jones looks like 4-3 edge rusher to me, we dont have a 4-3. is he going to be a hybrid DE/OLB? or just too small to play De and be a bust?
Old 01-25-2014, 09:44 PM   #37 (permalink)

well while we are talking packers anyone interested in this James Starks, I live in wisconsin and dont wanna deal with the 2 crappy card shops in my area

chiefsncards275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:56 PM   #38 (permalink)

James has creepy eyes there ↑↑↑↑
Old 01-26-2014, 12:18 AM   #39 (permalink)

for some reason I just don't think Starks is worth keeping around...just my opinion
Old 01-26-2014, 10:40 AM   #40 (permalink)
Banned

yea a lot of people forget that we still Have Dujuan Harris... Dude was supposed to be the starter this year for us... 1-2 punch with lacy next yr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyftblstar54 View Post
for some reason I just don't think Starks is worth keeping around...just my opinion
sljock53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:19 AM   #41 (permalink)

Not to mention Franklin!! He was a stud against the Bengals. I'd be ok with keeping four RBs this year and cutting Kuhn.

Collecting Aaron Rodgers, Brett Favre, Eddie Lacy and other Green Bay Packers
Brando19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:00 PM   #42 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando19 View Post
Not to mention Franklin!! He was a stud against the Bengals. I'd be ok with keeping four RBs this year and cutting Kuhn.
Kuhn is a FA. I think they are trying to resign him for the vet minimum.

The problem with dropping Kuhn is that he is our best pass blocker. I think one of the other RBs can pick it up eventually, but I would like to give it at least another year.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:02 PM   #43 (permalink)

I think Kuhn has too many intangibles to let go. Not to mention the cut block on Peppers. I say, if ANYO. gets let go it is Harris (from the back field that is.)
Old 01-26-2014, 12:07 PM   #44 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicoCheese View Post
I think Kuhn has too many intangibles to let go. Not to mention the cut block on Peppers. I say, if ANYO. gets let go it is Harris (from the back field that is.)
Since Starks is a FA, he is going to leave because he is going to want more cash and he wants a shot to start. I just don't see the Packers making a serious run at Starks.

The RBs going into next year will probably be:
Lacy
Harris
Franklin
Kuhn (if he will come back as a FA)

And probably either a late draft pick or an UDFA camp body to possibly make a run at a spot.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:56 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
Since Starks is a FA, he is going to leave because he is going to want more cash and he wants a shot to start. I just don't see the Packers making a serious run at Starks.

The RBs going into next year will probably be:
Lacy
Harris
Franklin
Kuhn (if he will come back as a FA)

And probably either a late draft pick or an UDFA camp body to possibly make a run at a spot.
To be honest I REALLY liked Harris in late 2012. He provided an AMAZING surge and I would love to have him back. I just figured that if anyone would get let go it would be him because Lacy proved himself to be the #1, Starks showed an amazing resurgence and SHOULD be kept, and Franklin looked great when he NEEDED to be the guy. Harris was injured... but keeping Harris for Starks wouldn't hurt either. Harris ran a lot like Lynch does. I still remember his 1st TD vs. the Lions in the snow. What a great game. Mike Daniels got his first TD that day too.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:14 PM   #46 (permalink)

Eddie Lacy wins Offensive Rookie of the Year and Rodgers / Cobb connect for the GMC Never Say Never Moment of the Year! What a great awards ceremony for the Packers! We're gonna bring the Lombardi back home next season!
Old 02-03-2014, 01:46 PM   #47 (permalink)

Woke up this morning, and even though we are not Super Bowl champions THIS year, we will always have this:

and this

Last edited by ChicoCheese; 02-03-2014 at 01:52 PM.
ChicoCheese is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:23 PM   #48 (permalink)

^^ Amen.

Rumor has it that the opening day game could be Packers vs Seahawks.

Countdown until draft day begins! If TT doesn't pull the trigger on at least once mid-level free agency signing, I'll be the first to picket for his resignation. I think his mantra of draft and develop is solid but if he doesn't, I can't help but feel like he is letting his pride gets in the way of the betterment of the team. Unacceptable to waste Rodgers prime years without all guns blazing. New strength and conditioning coaches are in need too.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:20 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
^^ Amen.

Countdown until draft day begins! If TT doesn't pull the trigger on at least once mid-level free agency signing, I'll be the first to picket for his resignation. I think his mantra of draft and develop is solid but if he doesn't, I can't help but feel like he is letting his pride gets in the way of the betterment of the team. Unacceptable to waste Rodgers prime years without all guns blazing. New strength and conditioning coaches are in need too.
I totally agree on both parts. There's no way a team get's this injured with as many Hamstring issues as they've had over the past few years. A new Strength Coach is badly needed. There are some quality FA's this year and would fit into the Packers scheme and become instant contributers, they will also bring leadership and experience to the younger players as well.

Cards for trade or sale:
http://s568.photobucket.com/albums/ss121/titletowncards/

Last edited by titletowncards; 02-03-2014 at 05:22 PM.
titletowncards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:29 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
^^ Amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by titletowncards View Post
I totally agree on both parts. There's no way a team get's this injured with as many Hamstring issues as they've had over the past few years. A new Strength Coach is badly needed. There are some quality FA's this year and would fit into the Packers scheme and become instant contributers, they will also bring leadership and experience to the younger players as well.

I think that F/A signing MUST be Jarius Byrd. We NEED a safety and I think that Byrd and Burnett combo ( we could call the secondary the Byrd Nett and trap Seahawks there! Oh!) would be unstoppable. Let James Jones and Raji go, use that money to get Byrd and focus the draft on O-Line and defense.