Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2014, 06:39 PM   #51 (permalink)

Signing Bryrd would be huge for us. Free us up in the draft then we can take a DT or DE. Hopefully raji walks.. when they won the superbowl i thought Raji was going to be a dominant force for many years to come smh

ALWAYS BUYING RENATO NUNEZ BC AUTOS
chansen10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:45 PM   #52 (permalink)

Agreed. I also thought Raji would pan out to be a bigger, badder DT than he currently is. He has shown flashes of brilliance, but for the most part especially this season Mike Daniels has out performed him and Daniels will be/is cheaper.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:31 PM   #53 (permalink)

The Green Bay Packers have hired a team historian! Here is a link to the article! Centennial is in 5 years. I can't wait for that one!

Packers name Cliff Christl team historian
Old 02-07-2014, 02:23 AM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicoCheese View Post
I think Kuhn has too many intangibles to let go. Not to mention the cut block on Peppers. I say, if ANYO. gets let go it is Harris (from the back field that is.)
Kuhns intangibles only amount to 2.5 yards per play at snail speeds. id have more interest in him if i hadnt seen him get stuffed on so many 3rd and 1's and 4th and 1's. its ugly and not nearly effective enough. id rather have Lacy, Franklin and Starks. Starks is a strange runner but it works. his ypc for a one time 4th stringer is solid. when things go wrong and all else fails i really like knowing he is around to get it done.

i hope we go after Byrd. bleacher report interviewd or quoted some GB know it all and he said Clemons is their guy if they get a safety in free agency. i think they have to. the last 3 drafted guys havent worked out too well. Thompson has to know that the draft alone isnt working. its beyond obvious. painfully Kaepervick running all over us 2 years in a row, obvious.

Last edited by phreak9; 02-07-2014 at 02:27 AM.
phreak9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:40 AM   #55 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak9 View Post
Kuhns intangibles only amount to 2.5 yards per play at snail speeds. id have more interest in him if i hadnt seen him get stuffed on so many 3rd and 1's and 4th and 1's. its ugly and not nearly effective enough. id rather have Lacy, Franklin and Starks. Starks is a strange runner but it works. his ypc for a one time 4th stringer is solid. when things go wrong and all else fails i really like knowing he is around to get it done.

i hope we go after Byrd. bleacher report interviewd or quoted some GB know it all and he said Clemons is their guy if they get a safety in free agency. i think they have to. the last 3 drafted guys havent worked out too well. Thompson has to know that the draft alone isnt working. its beyond obvious. painfully Kaepervick running all over us 2 years in a row, obvious.
A lot of what Kuhn does goes unnoticed. He is by far the best pass blocking back on the team and is also a core special team player. You can tell the staff loves him and what he brings to the team. If you want to see an example of what Kuhn does watch the Chicago Bears Week 17 game, especially that last drive for the offense. He got a big 1st down on 4th down attempt and had the biggest block of the season on the Rodgers TD pass on the 4th and 8. He is actually one of the best backs at getting 1st downs on 3rd and 4th and short and the YPC is irrelevant because he only has to get short yardage gains. Honestly how many time have you seen Kuhn get stuffed on 3rd an 4th and short? If you want to see what happens when Kuhn isn't available look at the Bengals game when they rushed Franklin and e fumbled on 4th down and the Bengals got a scoop and score for the TD which ultimately was the game winning TD.

Agreed on the Safety issue, I don't know if signing Byrd is the best option though. The Packers have some big FA's coming up this offseason as well as next offseason and probably wont be able to retain them if we signed Byrd. I think a better option would be signing a cheaper veteran S in FA and then possibly double dipping this draft class at Safety with possibly Clinton-Dix in the 1st and Buchannan/Ward in the mid-later rounds.
ConRyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:32 PM   #56 (permalink)
Banned

Really like the Ron Zook hiring. Any help to the Packers ST units is greatly appreciated!
Old 02-07-2014, 07:47 PM   #57 (permalink)

Yeah I really want to see Hyde or Franklin become a legitimate return threat. Hopefully Zook can help make that happen.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:55 PM   #58 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Yeah I really want to see Hyde or Franklin become a legitimate return threat. Hopefully Zook can help make that happen.
Hyde is already a really good punt returner but I wouldn't have him as the Kick returner. I think drafting a really good returner in the later rounds that could also play WR would be great.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:41 PM   #59 (permalink)

Sounds like BJ Raji isn't going to be back next year year, which should hopefully free up some money to be spent on the secondary.
lambeauleap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:42 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambeauleap87 View Post
Sounds like BJ Raji isn't going to be back next year year, which should hopefully free up some money to be spent on the secondary.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:37 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambeauleap87 View Post
He is going to be in for a rude awakening when he hits that soft market and doesn't get what the Packers were offering.
freethrowtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:43 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
He is going to be in for a rude awakening when he hits that soft market and doesn't get what the Packers were offering.
Turned down an offer of 4/$32m last year; he's not gonna get anywhere near that. Would love for Green Bay to actually use that money on free agency.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:50 PM   #63 (permalink)

If Raji doesnt resign, then I hope we sign Jarius Bryd, and draft Aaron Donald from Pitt. guy is a monster.

If we don't get bryd (which is likely since TT isnt apt to go via FA), then we probably draft Calvin Pryor and load Dline in r2 and 3

I think if we can generate any kind of a pass rush the components are there already in the secondary. not lights out great, but good enough, and secondary players are more expensive anyway...

Just give me a heads up, I'll crap the booze out, have a mint, good to go.
davidsemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:52 PM   #64 (permalink)

Wonder if the Packers will at least look at Nick Collins and his health, he and his docs say he is healthy. Cant hurt
dherm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:53 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dherm360 View Post
Wonder if the Packers will at least look at Nick Collins and his health, he and his docs say he is healthy. Cant hurt
All the reports have said Green Bay has no interest in bringing Collins back.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:58 PM   #66 (permalink)

Honestly the Packers have a 3-5 year window--they cant continue to build through the draft without adding veteran pieces. If Ted Thompson continues to avoid free agency Rodgers played in his last Superbowl, because the Hawks and 49ers aren't afraid to go spend big to get a Boldin or an Averil.
dherm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:06 AM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dherm360 View Post
Honestly the Packers have a 3-5 year window--they cant continue to build through the draft without adding veteran pieces. If Ted Thompson continues to avoid free agency Rodgers played in his last Superbowl, because the Hawks and 49ers aren't afraid to go spend big to get a Boldin or an Averil.
Very valid point. That superbowl had a free-agent vet named charles woodson, which really can not be undervalued.

TT has also airballed a lot of his early draft picks lately, which is compounding the lack of FA spending. If he had even marginal success (Derek Sherrod, Bulaga, Jerel Worthy, Nick Perry) at the positions he shot at, the team would be in much better stead.

Just give me a heads up, I'll crap the booze out, have a mint, good to go.
davidsemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:41 AM   #68 (permalink)

I am hearing whispers that Byrd is a no-go but Clemons is being looked at. I agree that TT NEEDS to go into FA and grab some kind of veteran defensive presence.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:47 AM   #69 (permalink)
Banned

I do have a feeling that the Packers will probably bring in a couple of FA's this offseason.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:53 AM   #70 (permalink)

Raji overvalues himself. As someone said he better get ready!

Kevin
Old 02-13-2014, 08:07 PM   #71 (permalink)

$30 million in Free Agency to spend. Who do you go with?
Old 02-13-2014, 08:10 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsemo View Post
Very valid point. That superbowl had a free-agent vet named charles woodson, which really can not be undervalued.

TT has also airballed a lot of his early draft picks lately, which is compounding the lack of FA spending. If he had even marginal success (Derek Sherrod, Bulaga, Jerel Worthy, Nick Perry) at the positions he shot at, the team would be in much better stead.
Bulaga has been great, but I see what you mean. Has sherrod played yet in the nfl?
groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:26 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrycollegek View Post
$30 million in Free Agency to spend. Who do you go with?
First and foremost, get Sam Shields locked up...

After that, I don't care what TT does.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:05 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundhog View Post
Bulaga has been great, but I see what you mean. Has sherrod played yet in the nfl?
Sherrod played his rookie year but snapped his leg. He missed 2012 and played a few snaps this last season.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:14 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Sherrod played his rookie year but snapped his leg. He missed 2012 and played a few snaps this last season.
All due to Marshall "Turnstyle" Newhouse getting beat like a redheaded stepchild.

He is the one player who can go and never come back.