Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 03:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question 09 Exquisite Terry Bradshaw/Franco Harris Auto

I am perplexed and don't know what to do. The same card sold for $111 which I think is insane. Bradshaws auto alone goes for more than that! I am contemplating on redeeming the card, but with all the UD problems with the NFL I may never see the card! Also it will probably not have a book value whent the pricing comes out.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Im thinking you almost have to sell it now that UD is losing their NFL license. You would probably get to pick a nice hockey card though in place of it
BroncosFAN#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosFAN#1 View Post
Im thinking you almost have to sell it now that UD is losing their NFL license. You would probably get to pick a nice hockey card though in place of it
That was one of my thoughts. But what will UD think value would be for it? Its not worth selling for $111 to me!

Old 04-08-2010, 03:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

Sell it and cut your loses. Why would they pony up the money to get these guys to sign now that they can cut bait with their football fans? They sucked at redeeming cards before they lost their license I could only imagine now. Take the $110.00 and pick up a couple of mini helmets signed by them.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
Sell it and cut your loses. Why would they pony up the money to get these guys to sign now that they can cut bait with their football fans? They sucked at redeeming cards before they lost their license I could only imagine now. Take the $110.00 and pick up a couple of mini helmets signed by them.
I see it that the BV will help me out more then the sale value at the moment. If they don't honor the players on the card they have to replace it with equal value. I am patient and can wait................or so I say....lol

Old 04-08-2010, 03:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
I am perplexed and don't know what to do. The same card sold for $111 which I think is insane. Bradshaws auto alone goes for more than that! I am contemplating on redeeming the card, but with all the UD problems with the NFL I may never see the card! Also it will probably not have a book value whent the pricing comes out.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Well, since it's a redemption along with UD's problems, that's why they've been selling for so low. Any UD redemption is a big gamble at this point.

Ask yourself this question: Do you feel lucky? That's what it's going to take to get UD to honor that redemption, or to even get fair value in return.
MasterPattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

HA! What do you think the chances are if I redeemed the card and it said: In stock & ready to ship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterPattie View Post
Well, since it's a redemption along with UD's problems, that's why they've been selling for so low. Any UD redemption is a big gamble at this point.

Ask yourself this question: Do you feel lucky? That's what it's going to take to get UD to honor that redemption, or to even get fair value in return.

Old 04-08-2010, 03:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
HA! What do you think the chances are if I redeemed the card and it said: In stock & ready to ship!
Well, hopefully that would increase your chances a bit.

Personally, I'd sell any UD redemption I had at this point faster than a Rolex in Times Square.

Last edited by MasterPattie; 04-08-2010 at 04:00 PM.
MasterPattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

I'm wondering if people might be hesitant with Steeler redemption cards after last years Exqusite Steeler Redemption program. It also doens't help the UD is now in the trouble they are in. I suppose you could wait redeem it and then ask for a replacement, and hope you get something great.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

Unless you are a big Steelers fan and want to take the chance, I would get what I could for it. There are just too many unknown risks with Upper Deck at the moment.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:01 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:

You could always call in to their customer service and ask if the card is available yet before you redeem it, then you can make your decision.
Stats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:45 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats View Post
You could always call in to their customer service and ask if the card is available yet before you redeem it, then you can make your decision.
That will be next on the list. But they will give you their standard "of course it will be availble. We are just waiting for them to sign" deallio.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:14 PM   #13 (permalink)

I'm not going to say that there's no way you'd get more than $110 for the card or anything, because there is certainly a chance you could... but honestly, $110 sounds just about right to me. Most Terry Bradshaw autographs bring $50-$80 with the exception of his autos from extremely highly collected sets like 1997 UD Legends or the basic Topps Insert autographs like Ring of Honors Auto or the Dynasty Insert Auto. Outside of those few sets, almost all other Bradshaw autos sell for $50-$80. Franco Harris autographs typically sell for $30-40. And if anything, on multiple autograph cards, you typically get slightly less than what all of the players would sell for individually.

So I really don't see $110 being so far out of the norm that I'd risk trying to redeem or hold onto the card with everything going on with Upper Deck. Sure under perfect circumstances and a couple Steelers fans getting into a bidding war, that card might go for $125-150... but doing anything other than selling now is a pretty big gamble to take for an extra potential $15-40 sometime down the road.

If you like the players, take the $110, buy a typical Bradshaw Auto for $70 and a typical Franco Harris Auto for $30 and even after fees and postage you should come out even and have the autos in-hand without taking any risk.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:50 PM   #14 (permalink)

Sell it while you still can
dkrp456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:29 AM   #15 (permalink)

Default Update:

I listed it for $229.99 BIN/BO

Sold it for $195.00 BO!

I will take that! Don't have to worry about redeeming the card now!