Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 10:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Thinking about selling my Henne PC..To supercollect Micheal Oher...Opinions Needed

Over the past year I started collecting Jake Long & Chad Henne. I really enjoyed the collection and picked up some great Henne cards. Now over the course of the Dolphin's comeback year on '09, I really feel moved to sell the Henne collection, and keep the Jake Long side. I am not sure that Pennington will return as a Dolphin, and I don't want my card's value being sidelined by Henne not playing for another 2-3 years.

So Over the past week I went to a Friends house and watched a movie "Blindsided." The story about the football player who grew up in the slums, and then was brought into a rich family and turned into a great defensive player. I loved the storyline and I think that super-collecting him would motivate me to do great things one day.

What do you think about a PC with a story? I think it will also motivate me as I am struggling right now in my life to keep my head above the waters. Maybe each time I check out my Michael Oher cards, I can get motivated to stir up my life a little.

Thoughts appreciated. Thanks!
benshobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

I wouldn't expect a lot of cards of him past 2009. Ravens team sets are always going to be Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs, Joe Flacco, Anquan Boldin and/or Ray Rice. Plus, he's really, really expensive on account of the movie.

Good luck though. As a Ravens fan, I'm glad my team has him.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
I wouldn't expect a lot of cards of him past 2009. Ravens team sets are always going to be Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs, Joe Flacco, Anquan Boldin and/or Ray Rice. Plus, he's really, really expensive on account of the movie.

Good luck though. As a Ravens fan, I'm glad my team has him.
Do you think he can put together a career similar to his high-school and college careers football-wise? I am not really looking to collect Oher as an Investment PC, mainly a motivation PC.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by benshobbies View Post
Do you think he can put together a career similar to his high-school and college careers football-wise? I am not really looking to collect Oher as an Investment PC, mainly a motivation PC.
Yes. Why don't you get one of those calenders where it shows a bunch of dudes rowing with "Teamwork" on the bottom and some inspirational comment?
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
If you are doing it as an investment, then stick to Henne. Oher is hot now because of the movie, but by this time next year I would say he's going to die down a whole lot. Theres not any oline guys that hold value no matter now good of a player they are. With Henne getting Marshall now could make his stats really nice and it only take 1-2 really good games before people will start going overboard with Henne
pw52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
and then was brought into a rich family and turned into a great defensive player.
If you are going to collect him, know what side of the ball he plays on at least. haha
You have to remember just how crazy his prices are with the DVD just coming out, and maybe on a lesser note, the movie is more in the news because of Bullock and James situation. I would recommend that you either hold out and wait to buy his stuff because he is a offensive lineman and doesn't have much upside collecting wise and there is going to be summer movies coming soon that will push this one out of the spotlight and drop his prices.
Shelden916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

He doesn't have much stuff, and his position doesn't get much recognition, and Henne seems to have a nice future. I say collect a RB or QB with great potential, and sell the Long PC, and keep the Henne
Luke 2:11- Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:17 AM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks for the comments guys, now I have a lot to chew on before I think about putting cards on ebay.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:04 AM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to 0264 roadrunner1964

If you move Henne's SPx RC Au/Jsy...come see me....still need it for my 2007 set.

But, I think your nuts though....just kidding. An inspirational collection is actually kinda cool...

My Site: http://www.freewebs.com/road_runner_1964/index.htm
0264 roadrunner1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:16 AM   #10 (permalink)

Did you know Chad Henne was abandoned at the age of 7 and left on the streets alone and scared? He bounced around from foster home to foster home until the age of 17 when he ran away from the abusive home he was in. He was sleeping next to a dumpster when he found a partially deflated football that someone threw out. He started throwing it around when a University of Michigan scout happened to be walking by. He noticed this kid had an amazing arm and invited him to the Michigan practice facility where he offered him a hot meal. This scout worked with Chad teaching him how to be a quarterback over the next couple of months and gave him a place to sleep in his guest room. Henne worked hard and got his GED, and was a walk on at Michigan his freshman year, made the team, and has never looked back.

^^^ Pretend that's true and keep your Henne PC.
tolrobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:34 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolrobb View Post
Did you know Chad Henne was abandoned at the age of 7 and left on the streets alone and scared? He bounced around from foster home to foster home until the age of 17 when he ran away from the abusive home he was in. He was sleeping next to a dumpster when he found a partially deflated football that someone threw out. He started throwing it around when a University of Michigan scout happened to be walking by. He noticed this kid had an amazing arm and invited him to the Michigan practice facility where he offered him a hot meal. This scout worked with Chad teaching him how to be a quarterback over the next couple of months and gave him a place to sleep in his guest room. Henne worked hard and got his GED, and was a walk on at Michigan his freshman year, made the team, and has never looked back.

I Find This story rather shallow and pedantic
Old 04-16-2010, 11:42 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxx11 View Post
I Find This story rather shallow and pedantic
you get what you pay for.
tolrobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 06:36 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:

And then Chad Pennington came along and messed up his game. That is the only problem I see happening.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:40 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:

haha, great post, sadly if that was true, people would go crazy for his cards
Also want your Markel Brown, Mason Plumlee and Deron Williams
yankeesfan24 is online now   Reply With Quote