Blowout Cards Forums
4/4/14 Coupon

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 04:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ebay question, need help

Last Sunday I listed the Tony Pike Press Pass auto on ebay at 55 OBO, and have only had 2 watchers, and 2 lowball offers and been dropping the price every day. It seems like it's not going to sell for too good OBO, and the 2 watchers unwatched it. Should I take the auction down and list it starting at .99, and for how long, or let it run the full 10 days? Any help is appreciated. Thanks
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

PP stuff is on the decline now that the real cards are on the way. If you just want to dump it .99 and 7 days. But wait until he gets drafted, it might be a popular team and the price will go up.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

IMO you should list if for a bin Obo after the draft. If he gets drafted to Minnesota for example you would have more fans of them looking for it than people who are just a fan of pike possibly. That's my opinion
pw52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw52 View Post
IMO you should list if for a bin Obo after the draft. If he gets drafted to Minnesota for example you would have more fans of them looking for it than people who are just a fan of pike possibly. That's my opinion
so, should I just let in run out on Tuesday or whenever it does if I don't have any more offers, and if he goes to a good team do BIN/OBO, or a bad team do auction? Is it possible to extend the listing without relisting?
Old 04-16-2010, 04:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

start it Sunday night and run it 7 days. That way it ends the same weekend he gets drafted.
raiderguy10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

It looks like it's SP'ed to 25 for the Go Cats inscription, I'm guessing that helps the value
Old 04-16-2010, 04:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Or have it end Saturday night. Not sure where hes projected to go, but if hes a 4th or 5th round guy, then Saturday night will be perfect if you want to do an auction. Or have it end Sunday or Monday if you want to do a BIN OBO
Old 04-16-2010, 05:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

I think there is a little chance he goes to the Vikings, but if we go with a QB I think we'll probably draft Kafka. I don't know what I would do with it if he is by the Vikings. If he does good in the NFL though, it would probably be better to keep it and sell it then for a bit more
Old 04-16-2010, 05:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
I think there is a little chance he goes to the Vikings, but if we go with a QB I think we'll probably draft Kafka. I don't know what I would do with it if he is by the Vikings. If he does good in the NFL though, it would probably be better to keep it and sell it then for a bit more
It really depends where he goes. Wasnt saying he would go to the Vikings, was just giving and example. If he goes to Oakland, Cleveland, Minnesota, Buffalo, hes got a good chance to play in the future. If he does to Dallas, NY, GB, NE, Ind, ect then he probably will pretty much be a backup until hes a FA
Old 04-17-2010, 11:31 AM   #10 (permalink)

So should I list it ending on Saturday or Sunday?
Old 04-17-2010, 11:42 AM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Sunday night is typically better than Saturday night. I personally end during the week, typically Monday or Tuesday nights.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:44 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Sunday night is typically better than Saturday night. I personally end during the week, typically Monday or Tuesday nights.
would it also work to do a 5 day ending Friday night when he might get drafted? Or I could end before he gets drafted and people can speculate what team he goes to. I still haven't got any more offers on it
Old 04-17-2010, 12:10 PM   #13 (permalink)

Change the title, get rid of "inscibed" and add "SP /25" you can add to the auction body that it is confirmed to be a /25 auto.

Do BIN/BO let it run for 30 days, only $0.20. You know what you want for it, just wait until you get an offer your happy with.

You have now until the new cards come out, after that PP prices suck.
You said, you lowered the price every day, buyers see this and wait.
If sellers would stick to thier guns instead of just trying to get back 2% of the $$s they spent prices would go up on everything!!!!
Old 04-17-2010, 12:11 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by papajim View Post
Change the title, get rid of "inscibed" and add "SP /25" you can add to the auction body that it is confirmed to be a /25 auto.

Do BIN/BO let it run for 30 days, only $0.20. You know what you want for it, just wait until you get an offer your happy with.

You have now until the new cards come out, after that PP prices suck.
You said, you lowered the price every day, buyers see this and wait.
If sellers would stick to thier guns instead of just trying to get back 2% of the $$s they spent prices would go up on everything!!!!
I'll change the title now, is it a bad idea to drop the price then?
Old 04-17-2010, 12:13 PM   #15 (permalink)

Tony Pike Press Pass auto Inscribed "Go Cats" SP /25 - eBay (item 300416858688 end time Apr-21-10 17:47:39 PDT)
title changed
Old 04-17-2010, 12:29 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
I'll change the title now, is it a bad idea to drop the price then?
Looks like you have the only "Go Cats" on auction right now. Only 2 listed/sold this month $31. on 2 Apr and $46 on 2 Apr.. Just let it run and take your chances, unless you need the $$$ that bad!!
Old 04-17-2010, 12:30 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Looks like you have the only "Go Cats" on auction right now. Only 2 listed/sold this month $31. on 2 Apr and $46 on 2 Apr.. Just let it run and take your chances, unless you need the $$$ that bad!!
I listed it OBO because the 46 was the OBO, 31 auction. With the SP /25 on the list, it should sell a little higher. I don't really need the money, just want it to buy more cards
Old 04-17-2010, 01:41 PM   #18 (permalink)

Your killing yourself here
This thread you have $46. for your BO and ($31 BIN if Auction I think that is what you ment) and $47.00 on B/S/T
$46.00 + 3.50 on Ebay = $40.50 after fees & shipping.
If you did $42.00 here = $38.97 after fees & shipping.
Just suggestions, not into Press Pass so don't know what folks dish out for these.

Not knocking you, just think about what you write on different threads
Old 04-17-2010, 02:04 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Your killing yourself here
This thread you have $46. for your BO and ($31 BIN if Auction I think that is what you ment) and $47.00 on B/S/T
$46.00 + 3.50 on Ebay = $40.50 after fees & shipping.
If you did $42.00 here = $38.97 after fees & shipping.
Just suggestions, not into Press Pass so don't know what folks dish out for these.

Not knocking you, just think about what you write on different threads
yeah, I made a few threads with it, and I didn't remember to change the price on all of them
Old 04-17-2010, 02:29 PM   #20 (permalink)

The views have gone from 30-40 in the last 2 hours, still no offers. I think I am going to make a 24 hour trade for it, and if I don't like an offer after the 24 hours it goes on ebay
Old 04-17-2010, 03:36 PM   #21 (permalink)

you might also consider lowering your shipping price. 3.50 is steep unless you are including insurance. Sometimes offering free shipping gets a higher offer...
golferphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:37 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golferphil View Post
you might also consider lowering your shipping price. 3.50 is steep unless you are including insurance. Sometimes offering free shipping gets a higher offer...
I'll do that right now, thanks for the heads-up
Old 04-17-2010, 04:26 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
PP stuff is on the decline now that the real cards are on the way. If you just want to dump it .99 and 7 days. But wait until he gets drafted, it might be a popular team and the price will go up.
Really?! Not so for us Sam Bradford collectors. His stuff won't drop in price!
Old 04-17-2010, 05:24 PM   #24 (permalink)

I now dropped the price to 47 DLVD, I have another card I want to get. If the Vikings draft someone who is in PP, I will be getting cards of him
Old 04-17-2010, 05:29 PM   #25 (permalink)

just got an offer.. for 5.99