Blowout Cards Forums
Top Shelf

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2014, 12:50 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
Yes, but that money could be spent at more premium positions.

If anything, the Packers are trying to show how little a Center might actually matter to an offense. Rodgers has had Scott Wells, Jeff Saturday and EDS the last three seasons... with a new Center this season (probably J.C. Tretter). I can't help but feel that the Center is probably the least premium position on the OL that can be filled relatively cheaply in the draft or in FA (or by sliding a guard or tackle currently on the roster to that spot).

While I agree that "saving money" on a rookie QB will help, I can't help but feel that the extra money should probably go to locking up one of the other big names. Gordon is going to get paid, Haden is going to get paid. Front load their deals if you have the money to spend.

The Browns overpaid for a player... there is no other way to look at it.
If Gordon, Haden, and Cameron don't get re-signed because of the Mack deal, I will come back here and admit I was wrong. As far as filling other premium positions, I felt that the Browns addressed that with the additions of Tate and Whitner, and you can even throw Dansby's name in there as a proven LB. There is certainly no reason to spend even more money with 5 picks in the Top 100 of a loaded draft. They probably hope to find other key pieces there.

The Browns overpaid for a player. Rich people overpay for the convenience of valet parking, grocery delivery, and prime real estate. If you have the money to do it, whose to say you are wrong?