Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2014, 02:55 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56LightsOut56 View Post
My QB does and I do give a damn.... but I also get it if you don't give a damn.

Catholic Quarterback Philip Rivers Passes On the Faith | Daily News | NCRegister.com

Some players put faith before everything else for real, just saying
Very well said sir. Nick Foles is also very religious but the majority have no idea. Just like I had no idea Rivers is.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:57 PM   #77 (permalink)

49ers' Colin Kaepernick being investigated by Miami police

It sounds like Kaep shared the girl with his friends, but jeez - be smart. I'm sure that will cost him in his hopes to get a long term deal with the Niners.

Last edited by lisu; 04-10-2014 at 03:01 PM.
lisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:02 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusbuckeye View Post
Probably some ho looking for a pay day. It seems to be happening more and more.
Yeah,right. Blame it on the woman before you even know what happened. Nice.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:12 PM   #79 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicoCheese View Post
The woman was identified as "black" not the male.
Please see "Person # 0002" on the incident report. Specifically, see "Race."

I wonder what Hank Aaron has to say about this.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:22 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
Very well said sir. Nick Foles is also very religious but the majority have no idea. Just like I had no idea Rivers is.
Welcome back, Eric.

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:34 PM   #81 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanShakespeare View Post
Welcome back, Eric.
You better not call attention to Eric being back, or this entire thread will be deleted.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:36 PM   #82 (permalink)

Unless this chic has some seaman proof that can identify these men this is clearly a he said, she said thing. None of those players will out themselves if they did anything wrong and will all deny all of it even if they were guilty. Their lawyers will say she's after money. Public opinion will be that she's a gold digger attention whore. I don't understand why stories like this come out when they can't pin it on anyone. It may hurt Kap's public opinion in the very short term but fans of the Steelers still love Big Ben so it will go away quickly. As they say winning cures all

http://s775.beta.photobucket.com/user/alexladue/library/

Damn The Hard Times. Enjoy The Good Times!
addicted36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:39 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisu View Post
49ers' Colin Kaepernick being investigated by Miami police

It sounds like Kaep shared the girl with his friends, but jeez - be smart. I'm sure that will cost him in his hopes to get a long term deal with the Niners.
Yeah right, just like Jameis Winston's situation is gonna cost him the opportunity to be the #1 draft pick. Sports teams do not give a bleep unless you kill a guy or your name is DeSean Jackson...Kaep will come away from this unscathed and 120 million richer.
pejc300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:28 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejc300 View Post
Whenver you come out and call yourself a "Christian" you put yourself on a pedestal. I wish these guys would stop giving Christians a bad name (along with Politicians, etc.). Even if the police report is accurate and he did not have sex with her, the drinking, drugs, and being around naked women is not how Christians are supposed to live.

Reminds me of Dwight Howard who at one point in his life wanted to change the Jerry West logo to a "cross" (which I think was stupid to begin with). Now he has at least 6, mabye 8 babies with as many different baby mamas.

These guys should just come out and say, "I'm rich, I want to party, I want to get laid, and I no longer want to be considered a Christian" and then everyone would be fine with it. Instead they tattoo it on their body, talk about it with the media, and then go against everything the Jewish carpenter said.

The Jewish carpenter said it best, "it's hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven."

Money and fame. Here's to hoping Russell stays strong because he has put himself out there too.
Quote:
I think a lot of people give a damn, because it gives them more "ammunition" to rail against Christianity and hypocrisy, etc. (which they have a right to do when stories like this come out).

If he at least stopped identifying with the Christian community then at least people couldn't use him to disparage the faith and could direct it elsewhere. I don't know, I just think if you're not going to act like something you claim to be then just stop claiming it.
I'm amazed some of the Kaep'd Crusaders haven't rolled in accusing you of trolling. I pointed out his tattoos not exactly being traditionally Christian, and I was informed that his interpretation of The Bible is between him and God, and that my opinion wasn't warranted. Kaep's the prototypical athlete Christian that gives Christians bad names. That said, RW3 and Phillip "The Countryfried Jackass" Rivers seemingly live their faith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I pull scrubs View Post
Cute. Do you care to comment or would you like to act like a teenage girl that can't express herself with anything besides emoji's and emoticons?
PAYING VERY HANDSOMELY FOR THE "O" IN THE 2009 DREW BLEDSOE BY THE LETTER SET. WILL PAY $25 FINDERS FEE IF YOU DIRECT ME TO ONE AND I AM ABLE TO MAKE A DEAL (eBay and COMC listings NOT APPLICABLE/REDEEMABLE)
ssbledsoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:45 PM   #85 (permalink)

is the NFL pretty lax about marijuana use or nah?
89transam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:40 PM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbledsoe View Post
I'm amazed some of the Kaep'd Crusaders haven't rolled in accusing you of trolling. I pointed out his tattoos not exactly being traditionally Christian, and I was informed that his interpretation of The Bible is between him and God, and that my opinion wasn't warranted. Kaep's the prototypical athlete Christian that gives Christians bad names. That said, RW3 and Phillip "The Countryfried Jackass" Rivers seemingly live their faith.

because at this point both sides know to just save their breath because telling one side of religion isn't going to change another persons opinion. Somehow THIS is going to give Christians a black eye?? Not like they need any help with all the stories of preachers touching young boys or the campaign to keep those darn homosexuals from getting a marriage license
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:01 PM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Whenver you come out and call yourself a "Christian" you put yourself on a pedestal. I wish these guys would stop giving Christians a bad name (along with Politicians, etc.). Even if the police report is accurate and he did not have sex with her, the drinking, drugs, and being around naked women is not how Christians are supposed to live.

Reminds me of Dwight Howard who at one point in his life wanted to change the Jerry West logo to a "cross" (which I think was stupid to begin with). Now he has at least 6, mabye 8 babies with as many different baby mamas.

These guys should just come out and say, "I'm rich, I want to party, I want to get laid, and I no longer want to be considered a Christian" and then everyone would be fine with it. Instead they tattoo it on their body, talk about it with the media, and then go against everything the Jewish carpenter said.

The Jewish carpenter said it best, "it's hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven."

Money and fame. Here's to hoping Russell stays strong because he has put himself out there too.
Do you know the type of people Jesus hung out with?
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:25 AM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post
Do you know the type of people Jesus hung out with?
Is this rhetorical? Yes, he hung out with all types of people like fishermen, prostitutes, and drunkards. And he loved them all. The only people he openly chastised (and by chastised I mean he called them sons of the devil, sons of hell, whitewashed tombs, and blind) were people who claimed to be religious but were really only religious on the outside and not on the inside.

So if your point was that Jesus hung out with Colin Kaepernick maybe he did, but when he did he told him to get his sh*t together and stop claiming to be one thing and living another. He told him it didn't matter that he tattooed Bible verses and crosses on his body if he wasn't going to follow him daily. He told him it didn't matter if he gave God thanks after a game if he simply wanted to sleep around and do drugs.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:35 AM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted36 View Post
Unless this chic has some seaman proof that can identify these men this is clearly a he said, she said thing. None of those players will out themselves if they did anything wrong and will all deny all of it even if they were guilty. Their lawyers will say she's after money. Public opinion will be that she's a gold digger attention whore. I don't understand why stories like this come out when they can't pin it on anyone. It may hurt Kap's public opinion in the very short term but fans of the Steelers still love Big Ben so it will go away quickly. As they say winning cures all
You are clearly a Lawyer/LEO/Judge. Which States are you barred in? They don't need fluids to prove sexual assault. Sexual assault doesn't always mean there is intercourse involved. If it did happen then she most likely had some type of examination done, whether that be a rape kit or an exterior examination looking for bruising.

I hate when people look at these situations and assume gold digger. If public perception continues to make this the first assumption we do a large disservice to women who are actually assaulted and raped. I don't understand why people think that all women who come forward are looking for a payday. They always fail to see the other side, and that is that some people are scumbags and take advantage of their celebrity and economic situation.

Whether he did it or not, it doesn't matter at this point. What matters is that police and the medical team handle this like any other case of sexual assault and get answers based off of science and facts.

You sir are a reason why such a high percentage of sexual assaults go unreported.
chitownbears22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:28 AM   #90 (permalink)

Supposedly a marijuana bong and copious amounts of alcohol there that night as well.

We'll see how this turns out. Don't want to poke blame at anyone until some legit facts come out.

But bottom line is Kaep should know better than to put himself in these type of situations regardless. He's a 3rd year pro QB...not a freshman hooligan in college.

Have a feeling the niners are going to use this as leverage to dump him with upcoming contract re-negotiations, especially with the pre-existing disdain Harbaugh seems to be developing with him.
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:24 AM   #91 (permalink)

From my own personal observation. I was fortunate enough to have Derrick Deese long time Niner lineman (13 year career, one Super Bowl win) as a good friend. I would hangout with the likes of Junior Bryant, Brenston Buckner, Eric Davis, Ricky Watters, and many others who played from 1992 until 2004. I met many famous people and athletes along the way and the one thing they all had in common was the money hungry tramps that threw you the nana, literally. Even I being 6'6" 280 passed for a player and had my fun with these low down dirty girls. I had nothing to lose but the players, particularly the high profile players do.

The trouble starts when the sex act is finished and the girl finds out there is no phone number, no follow up, and most times a cab ride home. This is where the anger and bitterness and resentment gets them thinking they were had when in fact they were willing. They just cannot handle the aftermath. The joke was is she a cab ride or does she need a personal ride. Many times that small gesture is the difference between I had a good time and I'm calling rape crisis. This is the absolute truth. Too many young, dumb, full of themselves athletes get the ass and then kick the girl out. That is the rub. Do not do that. That will make a borderline girl go overboard. I can see Kaep saying thanks now get the F out and then comes the story. Smart, seasoned athletes know how to handle these situations by avoiding the nuts, or being polite after the act. This is how it went down all the time. I was fortunate enough to have a front seat through many bachelor parties attended by John Randle, Jerry Rice, Lee Woodall, etc or just the many bars, clubs and parties. Girls are dressed to the nines and looking to land a whale, plain and simple. Some are straight up hos and others play the good girl I don't watch football role. It was always fun and comical to watch these interactions. These girls are beautiful, willing, and cater to your ego. They are your worst nightmare if you are trying to stay monogamous or for me, I enjoyed every second of it. My twenties and early thirties I should write a book on what goes on but I'm no Canseco. Debauchery and fun is what they have and it is all given to them because of their celebrity status.
kevinandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:44 AM   #92 (permalink)

Time to start picking up some Blaine Gabbert autos while they are still on the cheap!
wawazat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:03 AM   #93 (permalink)

Inb4 Kaep gets away with it
Old 04-11-2014, 08:23 AM   #94 (permalink)

So the guy got drunk, tried having sex with a girl, and failed. Who on this forum hasn't done this?

Justin Hunter Chrome Auto Needs: Super, red, gold, black. Help a guy out!
Athey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:40 AM   #95 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athey49 View Post
So the guy got drunk, tried having sex with a girl, and failed. Who on this forum hasn't done this?
Every night
Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:47 AM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athey49 View Post
This happened to me last night with my wife
Old 04-11-2014, 11:18 AM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinandji View Post
From my own personal observation. I was fortunate enough to have Derrick Deese long time Niner lineman (13 year career, one Super Bowl win) as a good friend. I would hangout with the likes of Junior Bryant, Brenston Buckner, Eric Davis, Ricky Watters, and many others who played from 1992 until 2004. I met many famous people and athletes along the way and the one thing they all had in common was the money hungry tramps that threw you the nana, literally. Even I being 6'6" 280 passed for a player and had my fun with these low down dirty girls. I had nothing to lose but the players, particularly the high profile players do.

The trouble starts when the sex act is finished and the girl finds out there is no phone number, no follow up, and most times a cab ride home. This is where the anger and bitterness and resentment gets them thinking they were had when in fact they were willing. They just cannot handle the aftermath. The joke was is she a cab ride or does she need a personal ride. Many times that small gesture is the difference between I had a good time and I'm calling rape crisis. This is the absolute truth. Too many young, dumb, full of themselves athletes get the ass and then kick the girl out. That is the rub. Do not do that. That will make a borderline girl go overboard. I can see Kaep saying thanks now get the F out and then comes the story. Smart, seasoned athletes know how to handle these situations by avoiding the nuts, or being polite after the act. This is how it went down all the time. I was fortunate enough to have a front seat through many bachelor parties attended by John Randle, Jerry Rice, Lee Woodall, etc or just the many bars, clubs and parties. Girls are dressed to the nines and looking to land a whale, plain and simple. Some are straight up hos and others play the good girl I don't watch football role. It was always fun and comical to watch these interactions. These girls are beautiful, willing, and cater to your ego. They are your worst nightmare if you are trying to stay monogamous or for me, I enjoyed every second of it. My twenties and early thirties I should write a book on what goes on but I'm no Canseco. Debauchery and fun is what they have and it is all given to them because of their celebrity status.

If kaepernick would have left her a gift basket full of autographs and such like derek jeter this probably wouldnt be news
89transam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:52 AM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
Is this rhetorical? Yes, he hung out with all types of people like fishermen, prostitutes, and drunkards. And he loved them all. The only people he openly chastised (and by chastised I mean he called them sons of the devil, sons of hell, whitewashed tombs, and blind) were people who claimed to be religious but were really only religious on the outside and not on the inside.

So if your point was that Jesus hung out with Colin Kaepernick maybe he did, but when he did he told him to get his sh*t together and stop claiming to be one thing and living another. He told him it didn't matter that he tattooed Bible verses and crosses on his body if he wasn't going to follow him daily. He told him it didn't matter if he gave God thanks after a game if he simply wanted to sleep around and do drugs.
So are you with Kaepernick day in and day out? How do you know how he lives his life?

Because if we base our assumptions on what others say, I can start telling people you are a (insert any thing here) and people are supposed to believe me?
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:08 PM   #99 (permalink)

Ok everyone, this story is now over. Kaepernick was retweeted by Adam Schefter as saying all of the faith placed in him is not in vain. He just said he was innocent so this is now a non-story. Mods, please delete this thread. Thanks.
legion624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:17 PM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post
So are you with Kaepernick day in and day out? How do you know how he lives his life?

Because if we base our assumptions on what others say, I can start telling people you are a (insert any thing here) and people are supposed to believe me?
What I know for sure is that Kaepernick goes clubbin', gets laid, and (as one of the photos in this thread shows) gets drunk while girls lick alcohol off of his chest.

Now, there is nothing "wrong" with any of that, if that's what you want to do. There is something wrong with that if you claim to be a Christian. That is all that I am saying. So, no, I do not hang out with him "day in and day out" but it is not difficult to see that these are the types of behaviors that characterize him at this point in his life, and they are in conflict with his faith. So he needs to either get rid of the faith and continue living his life, or he needs to have true repentance in his heart (not just telling everyone "I'm sorry for the mistakes I made" ie. I'm sorry I got caught) and change his life to fall in line with what real Christianity is all about. And to be honest, I would have just as much respect for him if he chose either path. What I do not respect is people who put themselves out as God's representatives and then completely defame him with their actions.