Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2014, 12:35 PM   #101 (permalink)

Wait, so Christians are perfect? Or better yet, others get to dictate what Christians are supposed to do?

This is not only a key and fundamental flaw with today's society but also how people view religion.

You do not get to dictate how another lives their life regardless of that persons religious beliefs.
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:10 PM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post
Wait, so Christians are perfect? Or better yet, others get to dictate what Christians are supposed to do?

This is not only a key and fundamental flaw with today's society but also how people view religion.

You do not get to dictate how another lives their life regardless of that persons religious beliefs.
Yet everyone wanted to tell Tebow to stop being Christian.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:14 PM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicoCheese View Post
Yet everyone wanted to tell Tebow to stop being Christian.

nooo, they were telling him to stop trying to convince others to become Christian, to stop telling gay people to stop before they go to hell for being homosexual, etc., etc.
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:14 PM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:

This is probably not the best forum to discuss this, and I don't want this thread to get deleted. There are some much bigger issues you are wanting to discuss, and we could certainly do that over PM if you are interested. What I will say (with humility) is this:

Jesus is without a doubt the most misinterpreted person who has ever lived. For some reason, people today think Jesus was a really nice guy who just snuggled little children and lambs while drinking at the bar with prostitutes, all while having a huge smile on this face and "not judging" anyone.

People who have this view of Jesus have not studied history, and simply have not read the four books of the Bible that talk about his life. If anyone was to read Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John (which can be done in just a few hours) they would ask themselves how on earth Jesus has become so misinterpreted by our world.

You said "You do not get to dictate how another lives their life regardless of that persons religious beliefs." Jesus would disagree with you. He did not say that people could live however they want or do whatever they want without consequences. He told people specifically how to live, and warned them that if they did not live a certain way there would be significant, terrible consequences.

Again, I have no problems if people disagree with Christianity, or Jesus, or religion in general. I just want to make sure that people do not represent Jesus as someone he is not. That is not fair to him.

Christians do make mistakes, and they are forgiven (this is a great thing). They are not perfect. However, there is a difference (at least according to Jesus) between those that make mistakes, repent, and get back on track and those whose lives are characterized by "sin" and see nothing wrong with it and have no desire to change.

If I said to you I was a mechanical engineer but you discovered my degree is actually in education and that I am currently employed as a social worker and that, essentially nothing in my life pointed to me being a mechanical engineer, you would be right to second guess what I told you. If told you I was a Christian but regularly got drunk, slept around, did drugs, and lived a lavish lifestyle you would have a right to question who I really am.

I realize this is a football card forum and not a theology forum so we should probably not carry on here any further. I do thank you for your questions and insight though and am open to further discussion through PM or e-mail.
pejc300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:17 PM   #105 (permalink)

Damn, it only took 5 pages for Tebow to be brought up. I'm surprised.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:19 PM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
Damn, it only took 5 pages for Tebow to be brought up. I'm surprised.
Ha! Tebow is old news, no one cares about him anymore.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:23 PM   #107 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejc300 View Post
This is probably not the best forum to discuss this, and I don't want this thread to get deleted. There are some much bigger issues you are wanting to discuss, and we could certainly do that over PM if you are interested. What I will say (with humility) is this:

Jesus is without a doubt the most misinterpreted person who has ever lived. For some reason, people today think Jesus was a really nice guy who just snuggled little children and lambs while drinking at the bar with prostitutes, all while having a huge smile on this face and "not judging" anyone.

People who have this view of Jesus have not studied history, and simply have not read the four books of the Bible that talk about his life. If anyone was to read Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John (which can be done in just a few hours) they would ask themselves how on earth Jesus has become so misinterpreted by our world.

You said "You do not get to dictate how another lives their life regardless of that persons religious beliefs." Jesus would disagree with you. He did not say that people could live however they want or do whatever they want without consequences. He told people specifically how to live, and warned them that if they did not live a certain way there would be significant, terrible consequences.

Again, I have no problems if people disagree with Christianity, or Jesus, or religion in general. I just want to make sure that people do not represent Jesus as someone he is not. That is not fair to him.

Christians do make mistakes, and they are forgiven (this is a great thing). They are not perfect. However, there is a difference (at least according to Jesus) between those that make mistakes, repent, and get back on track and those whose lives are characterized by "sin" and see nothing wrong with it and have no desire to change.

If I said to you I was a mechanical engineer but you discovered my degree is actually in education and that I am currently employed as a social worker and that, essentially nothing in my life pointed to me being a mechanical engineer, you would be right to second guess what I told you. If told you I was a Christian but regularly got drunk, slept around, did drugs, and lived a lavish lifestyle you would have a right to question who I really am.

I realize this is a football card forum and not a theology forum so we should probably not carry on here any further. I do thank you for your questions and insight though and am open to further discussion through PM or e-mail.
Well said and easy to understand. I agree completely. There are many who make the claim of Christian yet their life doesn't reflect it.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:35 PM   #108 (permalink)

Police just came out and said there is no evidence at all to indicate sexual assault.
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 02:14 PM   #109 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

Quote:
What I know for sure is that Kaepernick goes clubbin', gets laid, and (as one of the photos in this thread shows) gets drunk while girls lick alcohol off of his chest.

Now, there is nothing "wrong" with any of that, if that's what you want to do. There is something wrong with that if you claim to be a Christian. That is all that I am saying. So, no, I do not hang out with him "day in and day out" but it is not difficult to see that these are the types of behaviors that characterize him at this point in his life, and they are in conflict with his faith. So he needs to either get rid of the faith and continue living his life, or he needs to have true repentance in his heart (not just telling everyone "I'm sorry for the mistakes I made" ie. I'm sorry I got caught) and change his life to fall in line with what real Christianity is all about. And to be honest, I would have just as much respect for him if he chose either path. What I do not respect is people who put themselves out as God's representatives and then completely defame him with their actions.
Have you ever been drunk, laid or go clubbing?
Old 04-11-2014, 02:16 PM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
Have you ever been drunk, laid or go clubbing?
I'm not sure the answer to those questions will help or hurt my case in this thread, lol. I will say that I can answer 1 out of 3 in the affirmative and that I have done that 1 out of 3 many, many times, and only with my wife
Old 04-11-2014, 02:45 PM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
Police just came out and said there is no evidence at all to indicate sexual assault.
Then why does my butt hurt so bad?
Old 04-11-2014, 02:54 PM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmaster View Post
Maybe they don't consider consensual man on man love assault?
legion624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 02:54 PM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmaster View Post
because that was from the police themselves, they try and be real thorough
Old 04-11-2014, 02:58 PM   #114 (permalink)

Quote:

but really how could they truly say that? Sexual assault is defined by law as any type of sexual contact or behavior that occurs without the explicit consent of the recipient. If someone grabbed a woman's breasts they'd be guilty of sexual assault yet if no one saw it then there would be no evidence as well
Old 04-11-2014, 02:59 PM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm not sure the answer to those questions will help or hurt my case in this thread, lol. I will say that I can answer 1 out of 3 in the affirmative and that I have done that 1 out of 3 many, many times, and only with my wife

so you're saying you two like to hit the dance clubs huh?
Old 04-11-2014, 03:04 PM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
so you're saying you two like to hit the dance clubs huh?
Several times a week

Okay, that was a lie. It's more like once a week. I have three children. It's hard to hit the dance clubs when you've got three kids.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:10 PM   #117 (permalink)

This thread is the worst as expected. Do the right thing Mods - lock er down.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:18 PM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
Several times a week

Okay, that was a lie. It's more like once a week. I have three children. It's hard to hit the dance clubs when you've got three kids.
Only for responsible parents. News overflows with examples of people that need to be sterilized.
legion624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:26 PM   #119 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by legion624 View Post
Only for responsible parents. News overflows with examples of people that need to be sterilized.
I am a Child Protective Services social worker...enough said.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:27 PM   #120 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grza View Post
This thread is the worst as expected. Do the right thing Mods - lock er down.
To be fair the thread did stay on course for the first 100 posts. It has completely derailed, and I take 96% responsibility for it.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:29 PM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:
In other words there is no bruising or seamen to tie these players to this so no criminal charges will be brought. As I thought this is a now a he said battle and could now go to the lawyers or she gets bought out for her silence. Predictable

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal
Sexual assault is defined by law as any type of sexual contact or behavior that occurs without the explicit consent of the recipient.
The story read of this from the beginning, she was told to do drugs and get naked and then wakes up in a hospital? Pretty wild stuff with lots of questions.

Who is she? how did she know them? What's her background? Why did she go along with the thing they said to do? How did she get to the hospital? Why was she at the hospital and is there any proof to that? Why didn't she go straight to the police?

Lots of speculation there and questions left to answer. Not over yet

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn. Don't ever worry what other people think. Damn The Hard Times. Enjoy The Good Times!
addicted36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:43 PM   #122 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
nooo, they were telling him [Tebow] to stop trying to convince others to become Christian...
exactly. so they were telling him to stop practicing his faith... since that's part of what his faith involves.

atheists are so blinded by their anti-religious rage that they miss all the irony. they complain about Christians "forcing their views on us," while all along they are forcing their atheistic views on us. idiots.
ejs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:50 PM   #123 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejs23 View Post
exactly. so they were telling him to stop practicing his faith... since that's part of what his faith involves.

atheists are so blinded by their anti-religious rage that they miss all the irony. they complain about Christians "forcing their views on us," while all along they are forcing their atheistic views on us. idiots.
So much for constructive discussion. Name calling is definitely a way to get your point across. You moron. (see what I did there?)
Old 04-11-2014, 04:20 PM   #124 (permalink)

Quote:

Not all athiests are this way. I myself am an athiest, and have had plenty constructive conversations with many people of Abrahamic faiths. I find the history of different religions fascinating, and tend to agree with the morals presented in many of them, although I do not necessarily believe that a god is responsible for these teachings, but rather the evolution of a socially responsible (for the most part) human race. Atheism is not a religion, there is no necessity in gathering. Therefore, I would contend that any pushing by individuals that are athiest can not be representative of the whole.

Sorry to hijack, but I had to respond.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:41 PM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:

how so?? hardly have heard any type of example of athiests trying to push their values onto others that are religious. Athiests want to go about their lives doing what they want/believe and not go by a book that was created thousands of years ago and not say do this or else (like not being accepted into heaven if you do not believe in god or seen any type of proof that at one point they existed). But very Christian ways of yourself calling people idiots if they do not believe in the god that you prefer to believe in