Blowout Cards Forums
MEM MADNESS

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2014, 07:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default What is it about ebay?

I'm just curious. I had a card on her for $35! It didn't sell. Below low balled me and what not. I put the card on ebay same price, same thing. But once I flipped the listing on ebay to a one night auction all hell broke loose! The card is at 51$... But what I don't get is if someone wanted that card why wouldn't they have just bought it at 35? I'm not complaining it's just I never understand! I'm relieved and happy but still... It's bizarre
Old 04-12-2014, 07:42 AM   #2 (permalink)

Some people have their filters set to exclude Buy it Nows. You set it up for auction, now more people can see it. Those that had a chance to snag it at $35 and decided to low ball in the hopes of getting a deal are probably kicking themselves or sitting back and say, "whoa, look at this shilled auction".

Congrats though, it doesn't happen often and I hope your item is paid for.
Coventry6546 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:18 AM   #3 (permalink)

Not sure. I had a triple threads base card /1350 for a dollar. Nothing on it forever. So I decide to Auction it and 2 days ago it ended at $3.52.
scurvey90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:29 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coventry6546 View Post
Some people have their filters set to exclude Buy it Nows. You set it up for auction, now more people can see it. Those that had a chance to snag it at $35 and decided to low ball in the hopes of getting a deal are probably kicking themselves or sitting back and say, "whoa, look at this shilled auction".

Congrats though, it doesn't happen often and I hope your item is paid for.
Yeah I guess you're right n I made it free shipping... I hope they pay too! I'm just glad it's people with high ratings... My gf also said it's probably a thing where people want to feel like they've won... I get that but personally if I can offer you a reasonable price and end the listing immediately I'd rather that then save 5$
Old 04-12-2014, 08:39 AM   #5 (permalink)

Its because this site is full of low ballin foools looking to buy stuff ti flip on ebay

Posted from Blowoutcards.com App for Android
Soonerfan65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:35 AM   #6 (permalink)

I hear ya. I had a card I wanted listed as bin 55 obo. I offered 45. Then I get a auto decline that he sold it for 44. Wtf?

Kenny stills super collector.
Currently have 26 1/1's and a plate incoming
cueballz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:36 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cueballz1 View Post
I hear ya. I had a card I wanted listed as bin 55 obo. I offered 45. Then I get a auto decline that he sold it for 44. Wtf?
Lol what's the odds he accepted the $44 as you sent your 45
Old 04-12-2014, 09:38 AM   #8 (permalink)

It's crazy. Maybe it was an accident. I don't know. Just irritating. lol

Kenny stills super collector.
Currently have 26 1/1's and a plate incoming
cueballz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:44 AM   #9 (permalink)

This site is full of flippers. I actually think there are less collectors (here) than we think/hope.

In regards to your question about it getting bid up and why they didn't hit the BIN? It's all about patience and waiting until the right person sees it. People see a BIN and figure they have time- but with the 1 day auction it's now or never.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

Ive done that twice and it sucks but it was with rare cards. i watched them forever and ever waiting for a price drop. but once it goes auction you know you could probably never see that card again. like i said I've paid a little more than the BIN price on an auction but with that risk, i guess it was worth not losing it. Possibly just the fear factor of it?
CARDFR33K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:42 PM   #11 (permalink)

When I search I exclude BIN listings. I'm sure most do the same as well.
Frankp2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:50 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankp2311 View Post
Huh. I guess it's preference ... Update on the sale: guy who won is from canada ... I ONLY SHIP US!!!! Please help what's the odds he pays
Old 04-12-2014, 08:01 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboo1244 View Post
Huh. I guess it's preference ... Update on the sale: guy who won is from canada ... I ONLY SHIP US!!!! Please help what's the odds he pays

If you only ship to the U.S. why was he able to bid? I find with living in an APO address most sellers say they ship worldwide to attract more buyers. Then I win and they say they don't ship APO its hilarious lol. And the ones who are legit it will actually not let me bid and warn me that they don't ship APO. I am not trying to bash you at all but you should have it set up to block those bidders if you only ship U.S.
CARDFR33K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:11 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDFR33K View Post
If you only ship to the U.S. why was he able to bid? I find with living in an APO address most sellers say they ship worldwide to attract more buyers. Then I win and they say they don't ship APO its hilarious lol. And the ones who are legit it will actually not let me bid and warn me that they don't ship APO. I am not trying to bash you at all but you should have it set up to block those bidders if you only ship U.S.
I put the shipping USA only ... Idk I messaged him and asked if there's another address but still waiting
Old 04-12-2014, 08:16 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
I put the shipping USA only ... Idk I messaged him and asked if there's another address but still waiting
Honestly, I see the frustration, but seeing it went for $20 more than you originally wanted & had it for, you may want to just eat the couple extra $ & ship it to him instead of relisting & hoping he gets as high.
yourmyboyblue2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:16 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
He probably has a USA address set up in his account, which is why he was able to bid. What country is the address when you try to send an invoice? Otherwise wait until he responds to your message.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:00 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDFR33K View Post
I have been fortunate to only have one seller of the last 100 purchases or so tell me he would not ship APO after I won. I think a lot of folks just don't know what it is and are scared to ship to us. There have been a few occasion s where the seller asks me what the APO address us bc they have never seen it. I have explained to those sellers that it is the same price as domestic shipping when they don't understand and they go ahead and ship the item out.
jhand13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:13 AM   #18 (permalink)

I had a card on here listed for $18 for weeks......no bites except a few "experts" claiming I would never get $18 for my card.

I listed it on Ebay and got $45 for it.

Some people on here think they are the end all and price setters of the secondary market.

Cards sell all the time, every day for more then they do on here and that's why a lot of people don't sell on here.

Why would I lose money if I don't have to?

Ebay is strange but still way better then this site. If you are a buyer, Ebay is where its at.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:43 AM   #19 (permalink)

I totally agree with this thread.

I've had people arguing tooth & nail that my BIN was waay too high & I'd sell it a lot quicker if my BIN was much lower. (Seems to be a good argument & a good ploy, eh?) I have heard much advice from many.

I sold the same thing in about a week for twice what they said it was worth.

Never know what types of offers or bids you'll get on ebay?!

I feel often times people use these arguments to get things cheaper than they should so they can turn & Flip it on ebay for more!

I mean, a sucker is born every day so they say....
benshobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:20 AM   #20 (permalink)

I see this all the time, other day I saw a card buy it now for $119 or bidding, instead of just buying it, the bidding went over $140 the last I viewed it. I guess auctions are a gamble and it really depends on who sees it at what time. just like life, timing, timing, timing
avoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:02 AM   #21 (permalink)

I list most of my items for BIN/ Best Offer because im always getting free listings if i list that way; very seldom do i get any free auction style listings from them

Posted from Blowoutcards.com App for Android
Soonerfan65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:10 AM   #22 (permalink)

The problem you will get now is that the winning bidder prob won't pay
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:57 PM   #23 (permalink)

People use eBay in weird ways. If you're selling, eBay is your enemy. I had a member here offer me a card I was looking for at $70. I wasn't sure of the value, so I check Beckett and it gives me a value of $40-55. I go on eBay to see the completed listings of similar cards and low and behold I find the card he's selling me (exact one--same #) purchased for $34. I respond with "I know you bought this for $34, come on man, I can't do $70 try again" with no response. I would have paid more than he paid for it, but he didn't give me another offer.

People just seem to struggle when pricing cards here. People here are educated and we won't just buy a card because it's there. We all spend a lot of time on the hobby. I'm sure many of you are like me where I get home everyday and have 4-5 packages minimum. We're simply not going to pay a lot for the cards we want because we buy so much, we can wait for the card we want. On ebay it's a different story.

I was talking to my buddy yesterday and he was excited because he found a pack of Press Pass cards on the ground. He opened them and got nothing but base, but he mentioned that one of the base cards was Clowney. He was excited because he thought that card was worth $5-10 at least. ebay brings novice buyers around experienced sellers. That's how many of our cards that wouldn't be touched here for $18 go for $45 on ebay. And that's why if you buy a card for $34 back in January (that's when he bought the card) it's April and you still haven't sold it on here.
packa7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:12 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankp2311 View Post
I do that also. I think quite a few buyers do it actually. There are way to many overpriced BIN listings to sort through. It finally got to the point to where I only look at auctions. I'm sure that I miss a decent deal once a in while by doing so but its just way to frustrating with all the overpriced stuff.
chris43 is offline   Reply With Quote