Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2014, 02:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Sweet mail day (foles wilson sherman)

So i moved a sherman playoff ticket 9.5 the other day (since i had 3 9.5s, a 10, and a raw) got some pretty sweet stuff in return i wanted to share.

First up what i took in trade

Foles nt book /49 one of the better patches cuz of the extra breaks imo

Beneath the foles is a russell wilson superbowl seattle times printing plate /500. Didnt expect to take it with me but my buddy brought it in wanting me to sell it for him and when i saw it in person its awesome.. Really nice frame job and its huge.

And lastly a sherm to replace the sherm. Took enough cash in on the trade to Put a bid in on this and forget about it.. Cant believe i won it for what i did. And these things are really damn good looking in person. Love that they did away with the brushed metal look.. Wish they woulda left the weird shape at the top a more basic geometric shape tho.

everyone has a right to their opinion.. mine just happens to be better than most.
Chrisp253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

Damn, nice pickups Chrisp! That Emerald is a beauty, they are pretty rare too since hardly anyone opened Totally Certified. Also, it's safe to say that you own the best printing plate here on BO!
Old 05-01-2014, 03:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

All those nice cards and you got a dell laptop running XP still......smh
Old 05-01-2014, 03:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcardcolector View Post
All those nice cards and you got a dell laptop running XP still......smh
Lmao.. My fam owns a computer shop that i manage.. So that would be a customers laptop that is just being reloaded to run his wife's games as they just got a new windows 8 laptop for everything else. He was adament about "i dont want her on the internet so she can get it infected she just needs to play her damn hoyle cards and mahjong lol

everyone has a right to their opinion.. mine just happens to be better than most.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther252 View Post
Damn, nice pickups Chrisp! That Emerald is a beauty, they are pretty rare too since hardly anyone opened Totally Certified. Also, it's safe to say that you own the best printing plate here on BO!
Thanks panther yeah its been listed many times and the seller finally put it up for auction.. I thought it was gona go for about 100 bucks more than it went. And the wilson plate was a nice bonus he had sent me pics b4 and pics just dont do it justice i had several customers try and buy it from me the same day i got it and they were here for their computers lol

Old 05-01-2014, 04:29 PM   #6 (permalink)

Sweet! That Foles patch is sick!
jcthekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthekid View Post
Sweet! That Foles patch is sick!
Thanks i been waiting for him to trade it to me for a bit.. I also got a contenders foles off him previously thats in great condition that im gona need to get graded.. Starting to hoard some foles when i get the opportunity.

Old 05-01-2014, 08:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisp253 View Post
Lmao.. My fam owns a computer shop that i manage.. So that would be a customers laptop that is just being reloaded to run his wife's games as they just got a new windows 8 laptop for everything else. He was adament about "i dont want her on the internet so she can get it infected she just needs to play her damn hoyle cards and mahjong lol
Are you reloading XP back onto that thing? I see all the missing drives under manager lol wtf? I own my own PC business and I would balk at anyone putting XP back on anything, EOL mang! Throw 7 on that thing with a cert loader ffs!
Old 05-01-2014, 09:27 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Are you reloading XP back onto that thing? I see all the missing drives under manager lol wtf? I own my own PC business and I would balk at anyone putting XP back on anything, EOL mang! Throw 7 on that thing with a cert loader ffs!
Well balk away xp was a great OS.. Weve been in business 25 years and are licensed manufacturers in the state of washington. Were too big to throw 7 on anything without a product key, we have to follow the law... And that would be silly to pay for 7 for that thing. Its a fresh load of xp.. You know when you first load a machine and then have to install the drivers.. So it was reloaded with a clean version of xp and all the networking was disabled.. Since they dont need inet on it xp works perfectly fine especially since her games are xp supported and you should know by looking at that machine that it was not designed for 7 and would actually be counterproductive asking it to run 7. beyond that we just do stuff like this as a courtesy when someone has other work done as they were gona recycle it otherwise.

Old 05-01-2014, 09:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Nice pickups. I think you made out great in the deal. Get that Sherm in a holder stat.
My Sportscardalbum -> http://sportscardalbum.com/u/jiggidy
jiggidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:30 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggidy View Post
Nice pickups. I think you made out great in the deal. Get that Sherm in a holder stat.
Yup its in a mag i just take cards out one time whn i first get em to look em over to see if id want to consider grading em. Thanks for the look!

Old 05-01-2014, 09:37 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Well balk away xp was a great OS.. Weve been in business 25 years and are licensed manufacturers in the state of washington. Were too big to throw 7 on anything without a product key, we have to follow the law... And that would be silly to pay for 7 for that thing. Its a fresh load of xp.. You know when you first load a machine and then have to install the drivers.. So it was reloaded with a clean version of xp and all the networking was disabled.. Since they dont need inet on it xp works perfectly fine especially since her games are xp supported and you should know by looking at that machine that it was not designed for 7 and would actually be counterproductive asking it to run 7. beyond that we just do stuff like this as a courtesy when someone has other work done as they were gona recycle it otherwise.
Just saying XP is EOL you know it is. If they dont use it for net anything then I guess its all good. I just haven't loaded XP on anything in years! And I dont know by looking at the driver manager that the pc can't handle 7. Is it Dual core? 2GB mem? those bare min specs run 7 fine. And You can buy 7 for $69 from MANY online key stores. I've done A LOT of XP to 7 upgrades in the last month+ because its EOL many happy customers.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:59 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Just saying XP is EOL you know it is. If they dont use it for net anything then I guess its all good. I just haven't loaded XP on anything in years! And I dont know by looking at the driver manager that the pc can't handle 7. Is it Dual core? 2GB mem? those bare min specs run 7 fine. And You can buy 7 for $69 from MANY online key stores. I've done A LOT of XP to 7 upgrades in the last month+ because its EOL many happy customers.
I thought ya could tell the era laptop it was by looking at it.. Old inspiron.. Was a pentium 4 i believe.. wasnt the e1505 with the core duo. Threw an extra 512 mem in it just to bring it up to 1 gb for em at no charge. Last few months weve been swamped with new builds and 7 upgrades. Weve done about 500-600 percent our standard monthly new builds this past month. And probably 3-4 times that amount of win 7 upgrades. The way computer sales have gone since xp was cutoff everyone should expect vista to have the same done soon.. Then 7... Eventually microsoft/manufacturers will try and have operating systems at about a 1-2 year turnover by ending support when they realize the potential for software upgrades and computer sales from this xp event.

I dont know how you could have gotten away with not loading xp in the past 2 years tho.. We have a lot of business clients that have proprietary software that their entire offices run off that require xp.. Along with a ton of home users who also had proprietary software and didnt want to upgrade because it worked perfectly fine for them. Theres absolutely no reason to throw 100-150 bucks at software and about the same in labor at xp era machines that will just limp along on 7.. If youre gona put more than 200 into a computer that age we tell em to put it towards a new computer generally.

Old 05-02-2014, 12:24 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
I thought ya could tell the era laptop it was by looking at it.. Old inspiron.. Was a pentium 4 i believe.. wasnt the e1505 with the core duo. Threw an extra 512 mem in it just to bring it up to 1 gb for em at no charge. Last few months weve been swamped with new builds and 7 upgrades. Weve done about 500-600 percent our standard monthly new builds this past month. And probably 3-4 times that amount of win 7 upgrades. The way computer sales have gone since xp was cutoff everyone should expect vista to have the same done soon.. Then 7... Eventually microsoft/manufacturers will try and have operating systems at about a 1-2 year turnover by ending support when they realize the potential for software upgrades and computer sales from this xp event.

I dont know how you could have gotten away with not loading xp in the past 2 years tho.. We have a lot of business clients that have proprietary software that their entire offices run off that require xp.. Along with a ton of home users who also had proprietary software and didnt want to upgrade because it worked perfectly fine for them. Theres absolutely no reason to throw 100-150 bucks at software and about the same in labor at xp era machines that will just limp along on 7.. If youre gona put more than 200 into a computer that age we tell em to put it towards a new computer generally.
How have I not loaded XP you ask? Easy sell upgrades and refuse to fix an out of date OS. With all the XP security risks if you explain it well enough to your on site customers they dont risk it. What are your hourlies? Are you billing flat rates for those wipe/reloads or something? Also all of my business clients "any of them with money" know full well the problems with running old proprietary software. I have lawyers dentists you name it all with special software like Dentrix they provide upgrades to their software. So keeping a business limping along on out of date EOL software like XP just because they have some archaic dos program running their inventory/whatever is NUTS! God forbid you do work for anyone in the healthcare industry HIPAA would be all over your ass!
Old 05-02-2014, 12:48 AM   #15 (permalink)

I went from this to this all in the span of a few posts lol.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:34 AM   #16 (permalink)

Sorry panther got caught up.. Back to cards. Lookin for the next sweet seahawks card to add to the collection. I have a playbook kuechly auto i pulled out of my 2012 box today if you have any seahawks stuff for trade and wanna add it.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:27 AM   #17 (permalink)

Put your cards in a soft sleeve and case. Nobody wants your fingerprints on them. Nice cards though.
MW Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 02:37 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW Connection View Post
Put your cards in a soft sleeve and case. Nobody wants your fingerprints on them. Nice cards though.
Lol.. They are my cards........ But does nobody else take a freshly delivered card out of its loader or mag and look it over to make sure its good condition wise before just storing it away? I wipe my cards down with a lens cloth after i check their condition because they usually have whoevers fingerprint pulled it on them already when they are delivered anyways and take pics then so i dont have to pull em out ever again if i decide to sell.

I am especially careful with them when i handle em.. Not to brag but out of 29 cards subb'd in my last bgs sub.. 6 pristine 10s.. 17 9.5s.. 6 9s (of which some of these i knew i was getting 9s but wanted the grades due to surface manufacturing lines etc that i didnt want buyers to be able to over exagerate)

Thanks for the look tho!

Old 05-02-2014, 03:11 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW Connection View Post
False.

I love cards with fingerprints, it just gives me more people to work with when I'm framing them for crimes I have committed. I'm slowly collecting the fingerprints of every BO member that's done me wrong!!

Hope you guys can talk your way out of a double homicide!!

Always looking for High End Earl Thomas autos!
Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:48 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule View Post
False.

I love cards with fingerprints, it just gives me more people to work with when I'm framing them for crimes I have committed. I'm slowly collecting the fingerprints of every BO member that's done me wrong!!

Hope you guys can talk your way out of a double homicide!!
Hahaha.. Oooo any chance you have some doubles of any fingerprints? I could use a certain member or twos.

You watching first 48 by chance?

Old 05-02-2014, 03:53 AM   #21 (permalink)

Lol name your member! I've done 118 deals chances are I have them :0

Naw. I'm about to catch up on the following and game of thrones. so far behind right now.

Always looking for High End Earl Thomas autos!
Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:58 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule View Post
Lol name your member! I've done 118 deals chances are I have them :0

Naw. I'm about to catch up on the following and game of thrones. so far behind right now.
I watched the most recent game of thrones last night.. Setting up for some big stuff. Never watched the following.

Old 05-02-2014, 04:39 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Sorry panther got caught up.. Back to cards. Lookin for the next sweet seahawks card to add to the collection. I have a playbook kuechly auto i pulled out of my 2012 box today if you have any seahawks stuff for trade and wanna add it.
I wish I had Seahawks stuff that met your standards haha. I actually have all the Kuechly stuff from 2012 Playbook, unless it's the 1/1. Thanks for keeping me in mind though.