Blowout Cards Forums
Shop for NFL Draft Class of 2014 Nike Jerseys and New Era Draft Caps at NFLShop.com

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2014, 08:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Question for Those Who Buy Gamers

There are a couple game used jerseys that I'm looking at making an offer on. For those of you who have purchased gamers before,

1) what types of research do you do on the jersey?
2) Who is the most safe/secure seller of these types of items?
3) What type of information should I ask from the seller?

Mouschi Customs: 2...and counting
ShtHairMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

1) I attempt to photo match any jersey I buy BEFORE I buy it. Getty images and Obviously google are good starts
2) NFL Auctions or straight from the team store are obviously the easiest. Meigray, Steiner, and other companies have contracts with certain teams, so that's another way to be certain
3) find out if they've photo matched the jersey. Get pictures of any hit marks, the tag, etc. I want to see any identifiable marks on the jersey and use those to find any evidence that I can certifiably identify the player in that jersey.
Having a COA isn't bad, but it shouldn't automatically make you go, "ohhhh that's legit." Make sure everything matches up. If the seller says it has a Meigray LOA for a 2013 jersey, but the team has been contracted with Steiner for 15 years, that's a problem.
As always, if it's too good to be true, it probably is.
PAYING VERY HANDSOMELY FOR THE "O" IN THE 2009 DREW BLEDSOE BY THE LETTER SET. WILL PAY $25 FINDERS FEE IF YOU DIRECT ME TO ONE AND I AM ABLE TO MAKE A DEAL (eBay and COMC listings NOT APPLICABLE/REDEEMABLE)
ssbledsoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbledsoe View Post
1) I attempt to photo match any jersey I buy BEFORE I buy it. Getty images and Obviously google are good starts
2) NFL Auctions or straight from the team store are obviously the easiest. Meigray, Steiner, and other companies have contracts with certain teams, so that's another way to be certain
3) find out if they've photo matched the jersey. Get pictures of any hit marks, the tag, etc. I want to see any identifiable marks on the jersey and use those to find any evidence that I can certifiably identify the player in that jersey.
Having a COA isn't bad, but it shouldn't automatically make you go, "ohhhh that's legit." Make sure everything matches up. If the seller says it has a Meigray LOA for a 2013 jersey, but the team has been contracted with Steiner for 15 years, that's a problem.
As always, if it's too good to be true, it probably is.
Thanks for the excellent info! Would I contact the team to see who they might have a contract with or is that going to be some info I will need to find out via online research?

Mouschi Customs: 2...and counting
ShtHairMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtHairMcGee View Post
Thanks for the excellent info! Would I contact the team to see who they might have a contract with or is that going to be some info I will need to find out via online research?
If you look around you should be able to see who sells what. The Pats sell gamers directly on their website and some on the NFL auction site.
I've never contacted a team directly, but I think some people have contacts. I'm not that cool

Edit: there's also a lot of good info over on game used universe
PAYING VERY HANDSOMELY FOR THE "O" IN THE 2009 DREW BLEDSOE BY THE LETTER SET. WILL PAY $25 FINDERS FEE IF YOU DIRECT ME TO ONE AND I AM ABLE TO MAKE A DEAL (eBay and COMC listings NOT APPLICABLE/REDEEMABLE)
ssbledsoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

Like SS said go to game used universe i am a member there and alot of guys know good info.
http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c273/Gadsden86/
Welker83 is offline   Reply With Quote