Blowout Cards Forums
Start Your Reign of Domination Now with GetTheMachine.com!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2014, 10:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Have you actually met the player/players you PC???

Have you guys actually met the player or players you PC??? Do you want to meet them??? What got you started collecting them??? Any reason why you chose them??? Will you continue to collect them if they change teams, root for them on their new team, or stick to their old team???
Old 08-10-2014, 10:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

i havent met julio but i want to. what got me started was when he joined alabama and i watched his whole college career. i chose him because he was a beast and i just really liked him. i wll always pc and root for julio no matter what.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Haven't met Brees yet but i really want to.
Started watching him during his Purdue days and i was happy a CA team drafted him so i was able to watch him.
Why i chose Brees was because everyone was doubting his skills and his height. Everyone said he would never thrive in the NFL because he was way too short.
Especially after he was injured in San Diego no one wanted him but it looks like it worked out for the Saints

I will always follow Brees wherever he goes, but i hope he stays a Saint, he seems to love it there
Currently Out on Vacation Be back 8/31
Pejarox7620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

I Met Corey Wootton @ a Boomba Signing, Nice guy, really F'Ing tall lol.

Had him inscribe the Photo "Bottoms Up" because at my house, every time the announcers say Wootton you take a drink!!!
Steve Slaton- 356 Different
Soxrule111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

I may (hopefully) meet Justin Tucker during this season at a game. I basically started collecting him because I realized that his cards sold for waaay less than they should have because of his talent. I didn't, but if I had sold his cards after he went 6/6 against Detroit, I would have Cashed out big time.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/nibrugnerotto/a/ft-fs
nibrugnerotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

Default Ouch.

You ruined it for me. when I asked myself that question I realized most of my favorite players are not on the 49ers and I only purchased 50 Kaepernick autos because he is on my favorite team. whats worse is they are only my favorite team because they won 4 superbowls in my early years of life. To top it all off I have had opportunities to meet many players and never really cared too. Now I am confused. Great Question. HAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by superynaldo View Post
Have you guys actually met the player or players you PC??? Do you want to meet them??? What got you started collecting them??? Any reason why you chose them??? Will you continue to collect them if they change teams, root for them on their new team, or stick to their old team???
JeffCooper1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffCooper1979 View Post
You ruined it for me. when I asked myself that question I realized most of my favorite players are not on the 49ers and I only purchased 50 Kaepernick autos because he is on my favorite team. whats worse is they are only my favorite team because they won 4 superbowls in my early years of life. To top it all off I have had opportunities to meet many players and never really cared too. Now I am confused. Great Question. HAHA
Dang,

Now I am confused...
Old 08-10-2014, 11:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

Unfortunately no, I'd LOVE to meet either Stewart or Lotulelei, but if I could meet just 1 of my favorite players, I'd probably choose Carlos Baerga (if only I could have made it to the National on Wednesday)

EDIT: Actually, if I could pick one player to meet, I'd change that to Tim Biakabutuka in a heartbeat, now that would be awesome
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

ya ive met a majority, almost all of the players in my alabama pc. They all come to our fraternity parties and they are always at the bars so its really easy to run into them and talk with them. they are really humble, cool, down to earth guys
JOAKIMCOLLECTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:22 PM   #10 (permalink)

I met Joe Montana at a signing in King of Prussia (right out side of Philadelphia). Got a full size helmet, Notre Dame jersey autographed and a picture with him. It cost about a 1000 bucks but well worth it.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:22 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superynaldo View Post
1. Yes- james casey, jj watt; no- russell wilson
2. I collected casey because I'm a rice fan so I super pced him, watt- I am a texans fan born in Wisconsin, Wilson- I have really loved the way he plays qb, intelligent and dynamic
3. James casey is the only player super PC I have kept out of Carl Landry, chase budinger, case keenum and james.
4. I will always PC james caey because he is a class individual who has always been more than kind to me every time I met him and jj watt is the best defensive player I have ever witnessed. Rw on the other hand may tempt me to sell based on performance.
Old 08-11-2014, 01:02 AM   #12 (permalink)

I have never met Felix but I loved watching him for the Razorbacks. What got me collecting him is that 1. He was an all time great Razorback and still holds the second highest yards per carry in NCAA history (second highest Kick return average too I think) and 2. he was drafted in the first round to my favorite pro team in 2008. I hate that injuries ruined what could have been. I am hoping someone else picks him up this season.

Bucket: (new bucket, so I am still working on it)
http://s34.photobucket.com/user/crank_bait_jg/library/
Felix Jones Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:22 AM   #13 (permalink)

Met Andrew Luck in training camp last Tuesday and got his auto. Nice guy, a bit of a goof ball but in a good way, especially to the kids.
relentless1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:59 AM   #14 (permalink)

I have not met Bledsoe. I would like to one of these days. I have a fair amount of stuff is like signed (2 Game Issued Jersey's, Game Used Ball, Full Size Helmet, etc). It's tough when he's on the left coast and I'm in the Midwest. One of these days Alice...
PAYING VERY HANDSOMELY FOR THE "O" IN THE 2009 DREW BLEDSOE BY THE LETTER SET. WILL PAY $25 FINDERS FEE IF YOU DIRECT ME TO ONE AND I AM ABLE TO MAKE A DEAL (eBay and COMC listings NOT APPLICABLE/REDEEMABLE)
ssbledsoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:23 AM   #15 (permalink)

As a Steelers fan I was more than happy to met Franco Harris in the City of London last year.

I have also met Hines Ward 2008 in person. For a fathersday special he was on the Spangdahlem Air Base in Germany. Unfortunatley I have no pictures from that on my computer. He was really nice. It wasn't crowded at all, so we talked for about 5-10 minutes with him about football, football in Germany and all that stuff. Besides that he signed everything we gave him ( Mini Helmet and about 10 trading cards.
UD Legends '97: 129/168
Busstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:00 PM   #16 (permalink)

Have you guys actually met the player or players you PC??? No

Do you want to meet them??? Yes

What got you started collecting them??? My wife graduated from Miami Ohio and the same time Dysert was drafted by the Broncos, I was in orders to Fort Carson (Colorado). Thought it was a cool coincidence.

Any reason why you chose them??? Followed in college and see above

Will you continue to collect them if they change teams, root for them on their new team, or stick to their old team??? Only college uni stuff, yes and I'll always be a Bears fan regardless of if I ever PC someone
Old 08-11-2014, 12:19 PM   #17 (permalink)

As far as the football players that I pc that would be extremely difficult since Walter Payton is no longer with us and OJ Simpson is in jail. My basketball pc players aren't very fan friendly either (kobe, Lebron, Jordan) even though I heard that Kobe will sign once every blue moon.
mrveggieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:28 PM   #18 (permalink)

Yes. Met many Buckeyes at signings and hung out with AJ Hawk and Bobby Carpenter at a bar. Met and talked to James Laurinaitis for about a half hour last year at an OSU tailgate. Awesome guy.

Met Bo Jackson in Chicago at a show, same with Urlaucher.

Still want to meet MJ, Cris Carter and Brian Hartline.
cyberpvnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:39 PM   #19 (permalink)

I've met Urlacher & Frank Thomas plenty of times.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:59 PM   #20 (permalink)

I don't have one specific player I collect i tend to collect anyone I can on my favorite teams. For football I met Eric Decker in New York for this past superbowl got a card signed, but I would love to meet Peyton some day. As for baseball that's different I have met plenty of Dodgers.
broncofan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:00 PM   #21 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

I don't PC any players - just teams - but I've met most guys on the teams I do collect through various activities.
asujbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:10 PM   #22 (permalink)

I've met most of the guys I collect at training camp. Met Cam Newton, Luke Kuechly, Jonathan Stewart, & Steve Smith.

Although I don't PC him, I got to meet one of my favorite players ever randomly at a bar. I met Tiki Barber at a bar in our hometown with his "mistress" lol.
dbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:15 PM   #23 (permalink)

I've met Patrick Willis countless times at signings, training camps and other events. Amazing person and cool, down-to-earth guy.

My brother and I got back into cards the year that the 49ers drafted him, maybe a little before in early '07 or so. The excitement of him being their 1st rounder really hooked us.

If he were to change teams, I would still cheer for him whenever he pops us, but not the team he's on. Admittedly, I would not be overly active in following his career as I am and will always be a 49ers fan first and foremost.

It would be different if he wins a ring with the 49ers, as it was when the SF Giants won the World Series. I'll always collect the guys who were on those two teams - in Giants uniform - no matter where they are.
jeg2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:18 PM   #24 (permalink)

I have met the WVU team multiple times
Geno Smith twice
talked with Stedman alot though

Saved for THE National in Chicago- $300.02
Truemountaineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 03:24 PM   #25 (permalink)

I have met Billy Simms but no Barry Sanders or Matthew Stafford or Tom Brady
Matthew Stafford Needs: 2012 NT Lettermans have 5/8 & 2013 NT #36 black variation #/5
twisty571 is offline   Reply With Quote