Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2015, 12:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 1970 oj rc value

Hey guys,

I don't deal with vintage at all. What would be the value of this oj card based on condition? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim

Rufusyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Corners look a bit worn. I could see it in the $25-40 range.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

I would say 15-20 is more likely.
trixstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

I'd be shocked if you could get $20 out of that
asujbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks guys, I don't know much about vintage but it looks like the ones with creases are in the $15-$20 range. Some in really bad shape go for $7-$12. Trixstar, is there a reason you would price it that low. I am trying to get a better understanding.

Thanks again
Old 06-22-2015, 12:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufusyo View Post
Thanks guys, I don't know much about vintage but it looks like the ones with creases are in the $15-$20 range. Some in really bad shape go for $7-$12. Trixstar, is there a reason you would price it that low. I am trying to get a better understanding.

Thanks again
#1 - It's just not in good shape. Those corners are killers. Based on current sales they go anywhere in the $15-$35 range but I'd definitely trend lower unless you got lucky.

#2 - In that condition it's hardly worth the $10 or whatever it would cost to slab it unless you found someone that just sends bulk to PSA - so your ROI even if it did get graded is hardly worth the cost of grading. Most people would want that card slabbed.

#3 - Even in good shape it's just not that expensive a card where the price difference makes someone buy a cheap version. You can get a PSA 7 or 8 in the $100 range. It's not a Michael Jordan where there is a $1,000 difference between an 8 and a 5 (or whatever the number is) That small of a difference, in the grand scheme of things, isn't worth buying a bad condition version. Most people looking for an OJ RC could afford the $75-$100 to just get a better condition one instead of sitting on a beat up $25 copy

Those are just my reasons
asujbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
#1 - It's just not in good shape. Those corners are killers. Based on current sales they go anywhere in the $15-$35 range but I'd definitely trend lower unless you got lucky.

#2 - In that condition it's hardly worth the $10 or whatever it would cost to slab it unless you found someone that just sends bulk to PSA - so your ROI even if it did get graded is hardly worth the cost of grading. Most people would want that card slabbed.

#3 - Even in good shape it's just not that expensive a card where the price difference makes someone buy a cheap version. You can get a PSA 7 or 8 in the $100 range. It's not a Michael Jordan where there is a $1,000 difference between an 8 and a 5 (or whatever the number is) That small of a difference, in the grand scheme of things, isn't worth buying a bad condition version. Most people looking for an OJ RC could afford the $75-$100 to just get a better condition one instead of sitting on a beat up $25 copy

Those are just my reasons
Very cool and understandable, thanks for the input.
Old 06-22-2015, 01:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufusyo View Post

Thanks again
I just did a quick search on sold ebay auctions to gauge value of ungraded in similar condition.
trixstar is online now   Reply With Quote