Blowout Cards Forums
Miguel Sano

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2015, 01:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Weird response from panini

Hi,

I have seven rc auto patches and three prime booklets of Teddy Bridgewater pending with Panini.

Since it was taking a long time and knowing they these cards are supposed to be live i sent out tweets and e-mails, unfortunately no response till yesterday.

The response literally left me flabbergasted.

"We go back through the high-end stuff about once a month or two. Yours will go out when we go back through them."

Has anyone else experienced a similar situation?

This to me comes across as a pretty arrogant standing point.

Thanks for the look .

Amichai

Ps: ive been very critical on panini on twitter, pretty sure that hasnt helped my case .
Old 08-26-2015, 01:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have gotten basically the same reply also. Yes I think it's a little arrogant but what can we really do about it but not buy the product or redemptions?
twisty571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 01:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisty571 View Post
I have gotten basically the same reply also. Yes I think it's a little arrogant but what can we really do about it but not buy the product or redemptions?
I took that descision sunday, im now on the panini boycot bandwagon .
Old 08-26-2015, 02:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

I redeemed 2 golds, 1 green and a regular the first week it went live. Got them right away.
I have 4 more pending for a few weeks now. I guess you got the answer for me.
Also have an Ebron 1/1 tag booklet for 2 months now pending , I see Live Ebrons . Go figure.
LOL
Ricky Russo
RR
opensezme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 02:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

Kind of crappy making consumers wait on redemption's that you have for a 400.00 per box product.
trixstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 02:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by opensezme View Post
I redeemed 2 golds, 1 green and a regular the first week it went live. Got them right away.
I have 4 more pending for a few weeks now. I guess you got the answer for me.
Also have an Ebron 1/1 tag booklet for 2 months now pending , I see Live Ebrons . Go figure.
LOL
Ricky Russo
RR
Ebron was on the redemption update few weeks back so weird you didnt get those in yet.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixstar View Post
Kind of crappy making consumers wait on redemption's that you have for a 400.00 per box product.
4 rps
1 rps silver
1 rps gold
1 rps black
3 books

Pretty valueble bunch of cards lol.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:10 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardozo View Post
Ebron was on the redemption update few weeks back so weird you didnt get those in yet.
Not really,my redemptions were for Stafford National Treasures Colossal Auto/Jersey & Patches and I got that response even though a month before they replied to me I was seeing them live.
twisty571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 02:18 PM   #9 (permalink)

Once the exclusive is in effect, it will only get worse. You'll look back at this response and think it was pretty good. It will be the good ol' days.

coreydean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 03:00 PM   #10 (permalink)

7 weeks to get my Russell Wilson 2015 NT N Nicknames...........
I saw people had them live on ebay the week before I applied for my redemption online.
They said the same thing, that when we get to that product.
Uhm, so you don't pull each redemption on a first come first serve? You go by what product you are pulling that day?
RW3FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 03:13 PM   #11 (permalink)

Panini is the worst
cniel2924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 03:14 PM   #12 (permalink)

I am being patient with my situation. David Sharp replied quickly to my inquiry about Landry's status. He said he would have the football department get RIGHT back to me......nothing. Contacted them directly....nothing. With over a grand invested in his redemptions you would think I could at least get a "sit tight" response. I would be ok with that.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:17 PM   #13 (permalink)

I can't wait to go buy gasoline for my car and have it arrive 19 weeks later. I can't wait to pay for a movie today and not get to watch it until December. That Cinnamon Toast Crunch I just ate was such a wise investment in the summer of 2012.

How in the hell do we continue to allow this in one facet of our lives?
Broncoboys7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 03:24 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrodsalas View Post
I am being patient with my situation. David Sharp replied quickly to my inquiry about Landry's status. He said he would have the football department get RIGHT back to me......nothing. Contacted them directly....nothing. With over a grand invested in his redemptions you would think I could at least get a "sit tight" response. I would be ok with that.
I dont even want to bring up the amount of odells ive got pending lol.

Its pretty sad .
Old 08-26-2015, 03:28 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoboys7 View Post
I can't wait to go buy gasoline for my car and have it arrive 19 weeks later. I can't wait to pay for a movie today and not get to watch it until December. That Cinnamon Toast Crunch I just ate was such a wise investment in the summer of 2012.

How in the hell do we continue to allow this in one facet of our lives?
Yep. My oldest Contenders redemption is 24 weeks old. I am losing hope but like I said I am going to be patient. I have a bad feeling they would make me take delivery of replacements if I raised too much of a stink. I will probably quit the hobby or take a loooong break if that happens. Too much time and money invested in it.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:34 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Yep. My oldest Contenders redemption is 24 weeks old. I am losing hope but like I said I am going to be patient. I have a bad feeling they would make me take delivery of replacements if I raised too much of a stink. I will probably quit the hobby or take a loooong break if that happens. Too much time and money invested in it.
I understand that certain cards havent been returned and ill give them the benefit of the doubt on their methods of speeding up the process.

But having cards in stock, not shipping them out and making up a lame excuse is mindboggling, like we dont see right through them.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:46 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
My Landry Contenders is 'only' 20 weeks old now. I've that and a National Treasures Vertical Booklet outstanding. I'd also contact them but I'm wondering if they'll blacklist me and I'll get a single colour booklet! If I ever get it, of course.....
Harps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 03:50 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
I have tons of redemptions for my 2012 contenders and prizmz sets. I asked them a week ago if I could atleast get the unsigned cards for my sets, like they did in the old days. they said they could not fulfill that request as they will not swap out requests to help complete sets. I didnt really understand that, but thats what they told me. I am at the point of never buying panini again....guess I will work on my baseball collection---go cards.

these are the 2 seperate responses they gave me. first is from a year ago and the last from a week ago

We are still waiting on the autographs from those players. With redemptions we have a contract with the player. It does not however allow us to place a time frame on the athletes. The player’s agent will set up the signing with him around their own scheduling. When the signatures are done and returned to us then we process and send them out. After the 4 month wait has expired, the customer may request that we send out a random pulled card of equal (current) Beckett value as a trade or may continue waiting for the actual card. Panini America will not replace a card without the customer requesting a replacement be shipped. Please let us know if you would like any of your four month or older cards to be replaced by creating a general information ticket and referencing the request numbers (for example: 123456) for each card or by calling 800-852-8833 and letting a representative know the ticket number you would like to be replaced. Thank you and have a great day!

Description Details:
I have several outstanding redemption's from 2012 contenders and prizm football. I am putting the complete sets together and was wondering if I would be able to at least get the base card with no auto, as I feel most of the outstanding redemptions are not going to be filled.

Updated By: Panini America Admin Created Response No. 1 Wednesday, August 19 2015 03:40:13 PM
Description Details:
Please specify the ticket numbers that you would like base Contenders / Prizm Football replacements and which redemptions that you would like auto replacements.
Updated By: anthony Customer Created Response No. 2 Friday, August 21 2015 05:44:05 PM
Description Details:
I am not asking for replaceents--I am asking if I do ask for replacements can I atleast get the unsigned card for my complete set along with other compensations.
(deleted the ticket numbers)

Updated By: Panini America Admin Created Response No. 3 Tuesday, August 25 2015 09:33:29 AM
Description Details:
Unfortunately we will not be able to fulfill that request. We will not provide specific replacements in order for a customer to complete a set. However, if there is a specific team that you collect, we can satisfy that specific request.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football-singles-buy-sell-trade/758729-ltb-t-2012-contenders-variations.html
bigsmitt92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 04:05 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardozo View Post
I dont even want to bring up the amount of odells ive got pending lol.

Its pretty sad .
But just think, maybe when he finally signs them, he'll have learned how a pen works?
RW3FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 04:10 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmitt92 View Post
I have tons of redemptions for my 2012 contenders and prizmz sets. I asked them a week ago if I could atleast get the unsigned cards for my sets, like they did in the old days. they said they could not fulfill that request as they will not swap out requests to help complete sets. I didnt really understand that, but thats what they told me. I am at the point of never buying panini again....guess I will work on my baseball collection---go cards.

these are the 2 seperate responses they gave me. first is from a year ago and the last from a week ago

We are still waiting on the autographs from those players. With redemptions we have a contract with the player. It does not however allow us to place a time frame on the athletes. The player’s agent will set up the signing with him around their own scheduling. When the signatures are done and returned to us then we process and send them out. After the 4 month wait has expired, the customer may request that we send out a random pulled card of equal (current) Beckett value as a trade or may continue waiting for the actual card. Panini America will not replace a card without the customer requesting a replacement be shipped. Please let us know if you would like any of your four month or older cards to be replaced by creating a general information ticket and referencing the request numbers (for example: 123456) for each card or by calling 800-852-8833 and letting a representative know the ticket number you would like to be replaced. Thank you and have a great day!

Description Details:
I have several outstanding redemption's from 2012 contenders and prizm football. I am putting the complete sets together and was wondering if I would be able to at least get the base card with no auto, as I feel most of the outstanding redemptions are not going to be filled.

Updated By: Panini America Admin Created Response No. 1 Wednesday, August 19 2015 03:40:13 PM
Description Details:
Please specify the ticket numbers that you would like base Contenders / Prizm Football replacements and which redemptions that you would like auto replacements.
Updated By: anthony Customer Created Response No. 2 Friday, August 21 2015 05:44:05 PM
Description Details:
I am not asking for replaceents--I am asking if I do ask for replacements can I atleast get the unsigned card for my complete set along with other compensations.
(deleted the ticket numbers)

Updated By: Panini America Admin Created Response No. 3 Tuesday, August 25 2015 09:33:29 AM
Description Details:
Unfortunately we will not be able to fulfill that request. We will not provide specific replacements in order for a customer to complete a set. However, if there is a specific team that you collect, we can satisfy that specific request.
I really think they didn't understand the question on this. It might be a call and talk with them ?
Old 08-26-2015, 04:31 PM   #21 (permalink)

PAYING VERY HANDSOMELY FOR THE "O" IN THE 2009 DREW BLEDSOE BY THE LETTER SET. WILL PAY $25 FINDERS FEE IF YOU DIRECT ME TO ONE AND I AM ABLE TO MAKE A DEAL (eBay and COMC listings NOT APPLICABLE/REDEEMABLE)
ssbledsoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 04:40 PM   #22 (permalink)

they're basically just giving you the middle finger.
ejs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:47 PM   #23 (permalink)

The thing is, how easy would it be to make us happy?

1. Make new, specific-for-redemption sets, with only popular players on popular teams. Doesn't need to be only Tom Brady 1/1s. Doesn't need to be some crazy money grab.

2. Exchange for reward points immediately.

3. Upon receipt, send an automatic email: You can choose to wait for this card to come in from the player, or you can select another card from the set or of similar value. Even if the value is questionable, at least there is some kind of resolution, or the beginning of one.

4. There has got to be some incredible warehouse for this stuff, pull something off the shelf. I have redemptions pending from 2011! I could've had a kid who's invented something by now, in the time that freaking Sherron Collins took to send back a worthless autograph.

5. Start valuing a dying breed. Go above and beyond even. But to just sweep each and every one of these situations under the rug? They're to blame for this. Not us.
Broncoboys7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:31 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbledsoe View Post
I freaking love this video!