Blowout Cards Forums
Curry

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2016, 09:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl
Default Josh Gordon files for reinstatement

Expectations are certainly not high for Browns fans... but it's the first step

Morning Kickoff: Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon files application for reinstatement from league suspension - ESPN Cleveland Blog- ESPN
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:07 AM   #2 (permalink)

Hopefully he has gotten some help, kid was a lot of fun to watch.
Tylerjo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:08 AM   #3 (permalink)

Seems Hue is interested. His words are cautious, but are open arms when compared to his words on Johnny.
Old 01-20-2016, 09:29 AM   #4 (permalink)

Dude has kept his nose clean (supposedly). so let's hope he has turned it around and plays.
Siberian13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:38 AM   #5 (permalink)

Too many chances. We will hear about him again in the preseason. Keep him suspended.
GreatAlbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:45 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatAlbert View Post
Too many chances. We will hear about him again in the preseason. Keep him suspended.
Listen, my high school and college days are long behind me. But you realize he smoked weed right? He didn't beat a chick, he didnt take PED's, he didnt do real knucklehead crap (like walk into an airport screaming he had a bomb). He smoked weed. Whatever room you are in, look around good chance 9 out of 10 people around you have smoked weed at least once in there life. Out of those 9, at least 5 are probably at worst recreational users.

I'm a staunch republican, root for the Texans, and haven't smoked since college but even I realize..... weed needs legalized and its a joke that it isnt, as are 90% of the punishments that go with it.
Old 01-20-2016, 09:49 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbacksbaseball View Post
Listen, my high school and college days are long behind me. But you realize he smoked weed right? He didn't beat a chick, he didnt take PED's, he didnt do real knucklehead crap (like walk into an airport screaming he had a bomb). He smoked weed. Whatever room you are in, look around good chance 9 out of 10 people around you have smoked weed at least once in there life. Out of those 9, at least 5 are probably at worst recreational users.

I'm a staunch republican, root for the Texans, and haven't smoked since college but even I realize..... weed needs legalized and its a joke that it isnt, as are 90% of the punishments that go with it.
His year suspension last year was also for drinking a beer.

Technically it is a violation - so he deserved his year for being an idiot - but he got busted for a beer on a private plane to Vegas with a bunch of his teammates. They tested him when he got there and he wasn't allowed to have any alcohol in his system.

I hate typing that because I don't want to be a "defender" of Gordon because Gordon has made dumba** choices since he's been in the league.

But the choices have just been dumb. In the grand scheme of things, if people know the timeline, he isn't some crazy drug addicted kid.
Old 01-20-2016, 09:50 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbacksbaseball View Post

Not about weed. About following the rules laid out by your job and your bargaining agreement.

Even if it is legal in Colorado, Peyton can't sit up in the Rockies and smoke. I guess I'm just a fan of following the rules. Not talking about my opinion of the rule, that's a whole separate issue.
GreatAlbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:50 AM   #9 (permalink)

Hope he keeps clean. IMO the best WR in the NFL if he plays all 16 games.
Zacy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:56 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatAlbert View Post
Not about weed. About following the rules laid out by your job and your bargaining agreement.

Even if it is legal in Colorado, Peyton can't sit up in the Rockies and smoke. I guess I'm just a fan of following the rules. Not talking about my opinion of the rule, that's a whole separate issue.
I don't think anyone, including Browns fans, would disagree that he broke (albeit dumb) rules... but he did break them.

I think it's your "keep him suspended" remark making it sound like he's Greg Hardy or something.

He sat out a year, for drinking a beer, I think you can bring him back and see what happens
Old 01-20-2016, 10:00 AM   #11 (permalink)

Trade him to a team that is willing to take that risk

He has been suspended 3 times now. How many more chances are you gonna give?

The Titans could use a #1 WR. Get whatever draft picks you can get and call it at that.

If you can get a 2nd RD pick for him, TAKE IT.

"I wake up in the morning and piss excellence" - Ricky Bobby
FBallHobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:02 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBallHobbies View Post
Trade him to a team that is willing to take that risk

He has been suspended 3 times now. How many more chances are you gonna give?

The Titans could use a #1 WR. Get whatever draft picks you can get and call it at that.

If you can get a 2nd RD pick for him, TAKE IT.
Good in theory...

Exactly what team is going to give you a 2nd round pick? Rhetorical question since that team doesn't exist.

You control him for 2 more years, his contract is peanuts, you just roll the dice and see what happens because you aren't going to get a good pick for him after his suspensions
Old 01-20-2016, 10:09 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
Good in theory...

Exactly what team is going to give you a 2nd round pick? Rhetorical question since that team doesn't exist.

You control him for 2 more years, his contract is peanuts, you just roll the dice and see what happens because you aren't going to get a good pick for him after his suspensions
You never know...

Seattle gave up a 1st for Deion Branch
Washington gave up 2 1st and swapped a 1st for RGIII
Saints traded a 1st and swapped another 1st for Ricky Williams, along with the rest of their 6 picks
Colts trade 1st for Trent Richardson
Dallas trades 1st for Roy Williams

You never know what teams can pull. If they are desperate, things can happen

Old 01-20-2016, 10:11 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBallHobbies View Post
You never know...

Seattle gave up a 1st for Deion Branch
Washington gave up 2 1st and swapped a 1st for RGIII
Saints traded a 1st and swapped another 1st for Ricky Williams, along with the rest of their 6 picks
Colts trade 1st for Trent Richardson
Dallas trades 1st for Roy Williams

You never know what teams can pull. If they are desperate, things can happen
Those are all apples and oranges. None of those guys were coming off multiple suspensions as you noted. Half of those trades were for draft picks (RG3 and Ricky) and we know those always get the highest value.

Look at what teams keep getting for Brandon Marshall (who has his own various issues - and those aren't even suspension related) and you'll have a better idea of what Gordon is worth.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:18 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacy87 View Post
Hope he keeps clean. IMO the best WR in the NFL if he plays all 16 games.
You are not alone in that opinion. Anytime you catch balls from Weeden, Campbell, and Hoyer, and you still lead the league in receiving yards, you must be the best. Does anyone here dispute this? If so, see the aforementioned quarterbacks. Gordon has all the physical tools; it's his decision-making that needs to change. I'm in his corner. I, myself, have messed up big-time, but I shouldn't have been punished forever. Nevertheless, if Gordon messes up again, no one can vouch for him.
starfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:31 AM   #16 (permalink)

Anyone know, as for some reason I can't find a definitive answer, whether the NFL has been testing him this past year when he was suspended?

I find it hard to believe they wouldn't be testing him before he applies for reinstatement.

All accounts are he's done nothing wrong and has just been working out... but that's under the assumption that he's been being tested
Old 01-20-2016, 10:45 AM   #17 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Only time will tell if is heart is still in it. Hope to see him in Cleveland for when he roasts William Gay it wont really matter
Old 01-20-2016, 10:57 AM   #18 (permalink)

I can't wait to see him ball out again.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:04 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
Good in theory...

If he is reinstated, i think the Bengals could spend a 2nd round pick on him. With Jones and Sanu both free agents, Gordon could step right in and be our #2. He is always a pain to cover for Cincy, lets do it!

Always Looking for Cincy Bengals Rc Auto's (AJ Green, Gio Bernard & AJ Mccarron Mostly)
badsims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 11:10 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsims View Post
If he is reinstated, i think the Bengals could spend a 2nd round pick on him. With Jones and Sanu both free agents, Gordon could step right in and be our #2. He is always a pain to cover for Cincy, lets do it!
Gordon, Green, Eifert would just be NASTY to game plan for

Old 01-20-2016, 11:12 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
i actually hope he stays in cleveland. that should stop Hue from trying to poach Marvin away from us.

Now- watch him fail his drug test for reinstatement.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 11:16 AM   #22 (permalink)

If you can beat your kid and come back to be the best rusher in the NFL, Josh has nothing to worry about.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:37 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfox View Post
You are not alone in that opinion. Anytime you catch balls from Weeden, Campbell, and Hoyer, and you still lead the league in receiving yards, you must be the best. Does anyone here dispute this? If so, see the aforementioned quarterbacks. Gordon has all the physical tools; it's his decision-making that needs to change. I'm in his corner. I, myself, have messed up big-time, but I shouldn't have been punished forever. Nevertheless, if Gordon messes up again, no one can vouch for him.

Id dispute it. So many other factors. Julio led the league in Yards in an awful year by Ryan. Ab is better. I would say Josh could be top 5, but Im not giving him the top because he led in receiving one year. Guys like Ab Julio etc have at least proved it for a few years. If Josh can replicate similar seasons, then I would. But not yet.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:52 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Done deal. I'll make that trade all day. Haha.

And then I'll use the $$ on Marvin Jones to sign with Cleveland.

Two birds.
Old 01-20-2016, 12:09 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
AJ Green wouldnt be happy being #2
Zacy87 is offline   Reply With Quote