Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first* > Forum FAQs

Forum FAQs Frequently Asked Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2012, 10:08 PM   #26 (permalink)

ah sounds familiar lol , yeah there is one of their problems over there but this isnt the place to talk about them lol
Old 07-04-2012, 10:02 AM   #27 (permalink)

Could you possibly engineer software so that an update bumps a thread? I know it probably can be done. Like when we update something like (SOLD) or a price discount it could automatically bump the thread? Would make for a much smoother forum and would make for less wasted space posting bump threads.
Hockey PC! Zdeno Chara, Tuukka Rask, Dougie Hamilton
benshobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:20 AM   #28 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to rednecksims

Ive seen on threads where if you do not multi quote but do reply in consecutive threads it combines them. This would help as its hard to check 10 buckets at one time to do a multi quote.
rednecksims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:18 PM   #29 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by benshobbies View Post
Could you possibly engineer software so that an update bumps a thread? I know it probably can be done. Like when we update something like (SOLD) or a price discount it could automatically bump the thread? Would make for a much smoother forum and would make for less wasted space posting bump threads.
the point is not to bump the thread. This is why you can edit your threads. Maybe I'm missing something here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednecksims View Post
Ive seen on threads where if you do not multi quote but do reply in consecutive threads it combines them. This would help as its hard to check 10 buckets at one time to do a multi quote.
On here its typicaly Pat and myself merging the posts after the fact. Not sure if there's coding capable of auto merging.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:31 PM   #30 (permalink)

Could the site possibly impose a bump rule that allows us to bump our sale/trade threads every 8 hours? Seems like they are buried within 5 minutes unless the title says FREE. J/S
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:35 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmannings#1fan View Post
Could the site possibly impose a bump rule that allows us to bump our sale/trade threads every 8 hours? Seems like they are buried within 5 minutes unless the title says FREE. J/S
Then they'll be buried in a third of the time. Would be better to extend it to 36 or 48 hours to space it out.
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:40 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
That will bury your thread even faster...
MI Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:43 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI Rob View Post
That will bury your thread even faster...
But it would be faster to unbury after only 8 hours instead of 24 hours. Also there was some folks on here in the mornings that aren't on in the evenings & vice versa.
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:00 PM   #34 (permalink)

Replying to your own thread just to say PMs returned is one problem but what about enforcing one thread per sport in a 24-48 hour period? For example, just clicked on the BB forum and saw 2-3 threads ea by the same people, some of which are about the exact same subject e.g. "Looking for Player X" then one for "WTTF Player W, Player X & Player Y" both bumped within hours of each other. That would shove a lot of legitimate threads off to other pages.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
But it would be faster to unbury after only 8 hours instead of 24 hours. Also there was some folks on here in the mornings that aren't on in the evenings & vice versa.
Which would make it even more pointless, you'd get them buried three times per day and even quicker than before. If you're worried about different crowds, bump it Monday morning, Tuesday evening, Thursday morning, Friday evening, etc.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:31 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnorlund View Post
Replying to your own thread just to say PMs returned is one problem but what about enforcing one thread per sport in a 24-48 hour period? For example, just clicked on the BB forum and saw 2-3 threads ea by the same people, some of which are about the exact same subject e.g. "Looking for Player X" then one for "WTTF Player W, Player X & Player Y" both bumped within hours of each other. That would shove a lot of legitimate threads off to other pages.
We are trying to crack down on this. Some areas of this are tricky (ie WTB, WTT, WTS, etc). But the example you stated would be a good candidate for merging likely. I say this begrudgingly but when in doubt report it and let us know why and we'll look into it.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #37 (permalink)

It was bought to my att. that Iwhen I bump my many FS threads that it is causing issues with some folks because it shoves their threads in the section to the bottom.

My question: Is there a rule stating that one cannot bump multiple threads within a certain timeframe?

All the FS threads I have now are of diff baseball products so merging wouldn't help me since I can only put so many characters in the thread title to atteract potential buyers.

please let me know if I am in violation of a rule and please recc a way to remedy this so that guys dont start reporting my threads to mods.

thanks in advance
kb81
Old 09-05-2012, 05:52 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB81 View Post
It was bought to my att. that Iwhen I bump my many FS threads that it is causing issues with some folks because it shoves their threads in the section to the bottom.

My question: Is there a rule stating that one cannot bump multiple threads within a certain timeframe?

All the FS threads I have now are of diff baseball products so merging wouldn't help me since I can only put so many characters in the thread title to atteract potential buyers.

please let me know if I am in violation of a rule and please recc a way to remedy this so that guys dont start reporting my threads to mods.

thanks in advance
kb81
You really could condense them into one or two threads, just report them or PM a mod to merge the threads.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #39 (permalink)

Yeah i was thinking that. I will see what I can do tonight when I get home
Old 09-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #40 (permalink)

Its tough bc i see this alot in the football area where someone will post a quick sale and then within 24 hrs they will edit the thread and delete the cards that didnt sell and post a new thread with the old cards thus avoiding the bump...

also another one i see is someone post in a thread and if multiple people post the OP replys to one at a time every few hours to keep bring it up even if the post hours previously they answer to just bump it...

I found out the hard way when i joined and was suspended a few dif times for violating the thread bump... it would be alot easier as well if the forum had a way to edit titles to reflect the changes I know you can go to advance but the title never really changes...

Another one is members should only be allowed a certain number of threads per area not throwing anyone under the bus but there was a member who had 7 posts out of 10 on top the baseball forum earlier for all little items that should have been one thread.

Or this idiot Maxe who just bumped 8 of his old threads to the top of the Baseball B/S/T... something needs to be done...

Last edited by Srt42004n; 09-05-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:46 AM   #41 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
it would be alot easier as well if the forum had a way to edit titles to reflect the changes I know you can go to advance but the title never really changes...
If you do it quick enough, after the thread is created you can change the title by going advanced, otherwise you have to report your thread & request a title change.
SportCardBuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:26 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB81 View Post

As stated above technically no, however you shouldnt have any more than one thread per day per sport, and if you do bump them all at the same time, its not illegal, but someone more than likley will report it. Once reported we will look into it and you might risk the threads being merged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
You really could condense them into one or two threads, just report them or PM a mod to merge the threads.
This is whats recommended honestly. Helps you control what gets merged, thread titles, etc. PM's work just as good for this if you want to try and make it easier to understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
Its tough bc i see this alot in the football area where someone will post a quick sale and then within 24 hrs they will edit the thread and delete the cards that didnt sell and post a new thread with the old cards thus avoiding the bump...

also another one i see is someone post in a thread and if multiple people post the OAP replys to one at a time every few hours to keep bring it up even if the post hours previously they answer to just bump it...

I found out the hard way when i joined and was suspended a few dif times for violating the thread bump... it would be alot easier as well if the forum had a way to edit titles to reflect the changes I know you can go to advance but the title never really changes...
They shouldn't be deleting the the cards listed in say the quick sale, editing it, and then reposting within 24 hours. If you see this report it, as it is considered avoiding the thread bumping rules (more so avoiding the thread bumping rules by duplicate listing of the cards) and both threads will be deleted along with the offending infraction issued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportCardBuffet View Post
If you do it quick enough, after the thread is created you can change the title by going advanced, otherwise you have to report your thread & request a title change.
This Im not sure on, but I know at this point Blowout hasnt allowed users to edit their thread titles.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:51 PM   #43 (permalink)

FYI rules updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
This is considered avoiding the thread bumping rules and will be enforced accordingly. It doubles a cards exposure and we're trying to keep the buy/sell/trading area as clutter free as we can and still give everyone equal opportunity for their transactions.

So If you've got a Verlander Autographed Rookie Card in one thread (say its own thread)

Then later on decide to include it with some other cards to create a lot you must wait the required 24 hours (per thread bumping rules) before posting this. Editing your first post is also recommended since this will help avoid any confusion on the moderators part.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:40 AM   #44 (permalink)
Banned

How long is the "temp bumping suspension"
zachc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #45 (permalink)

Depends on the infraction.

All threads will be deleted regardless of the infraction.

First time is a warning
2nd time is a 24 hour suspension (1 day)
3rd time is a 72 hour suspension (3 Day)
5th time is a 5 day suspension
6th time is a 7 day suspension
7th time is a 2 week suspension
8th time is a 30 day suspension

After that likely 6 month or removal of account from the forums.

Last edited by iluvfish2; 05-16-2013 at 08:55 AM. Reason: edited as there was wrong info
iluvfish2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:41 PM   #46 (permalink)

I tried merging threads for some of the stuff I'm buying but doesn't seem as efficient as a single thread for each with a clear title - think I may go that route and not bump them as much or alternate. Is there a way to delete all my past "buying" threads that take up space? Some are repetitive.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:56 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
I tried merging threads for some of the stuff I'm buying but doesn't seem as efficient as a single thread for each with a clear title - think I may go that route and not bump them as much or alternate. Is there a way to delete all my past "buying" threads that take up space? Some are repetitive.
Those extra threads will get buried pretty quick if you don't bump them. I always bookmark my active threads, and once I'm done with one, I delete the bookmark. Very soon it's "out of sight, out of mind".

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:00 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
No not really. I typically tell guys to just edit out the main post content - this way it elimiates a 2nd thread (dont edit it out if you've already bumped it for the day and then go start a new one and include those cards - that will be considered avoiding the thread bumping rules).

As of right now as far as I know only the mods can merge the threads. If you PM'd any of us with the thread links we'd gladly merge the threads for you.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:58 PM   #49 (permalink)

what does this even mean? i have no idea what a thread bump is and i got in trouble for it. i have no idea what a thread bump is please help
jmidkiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:12 AM   #50 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmidkiff View Post
what does this even mean? i have no idea what a thread bump is and i got in trouble for it. i have no idea what a thread bump is please help
it's when you comment on your own post back to back within 24 hours IE if fish wouldve commented on this inside of 24 hours of his original post thats a thread bump
JonMead is offline   Reply With Quote