Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!) > Fun/Featured Ebay Auction of the Day

Fun/Featured Ebay Auction of the Day Interesting auctions for you to check out

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 11:45 AM   #2 (permalink)

Wow! Very nice and just amazing. I would like to pick up one and add it to my collection.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
Wow! Very nice and just amazing. I would like to pick up one and add it to my collection.
That should not be a problem. I doubt anyone will buy this as a lot and it states that they will sell them individually if no one buys the lot. They will go for a few hundred a piece tops.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifish73 View Post
That should not be a problem. I doubt anyone will buy this as a lot and it states that they will sell them individually if no one buys the lot. They will go for a few hundred a piece tops.
You are right. The lot as it stands it over priced. These are just the kinds of things I drool over though. Forget the new stuff, give me vintage memorabilia!
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
You are right. The lot as it stands it over priced. These are just the kinds of things I drool over though. Forget the new stuff, give me vintage memorabilia!

I'm with you on that one!
nephinfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

I am calling Bullcrap on this auction or else this is the worst Ebay Listing of all time. I don't believe any of the claims. The bats do not even look old to my eye. I could be all wet, but I highly doubt it. Wouldn't all of the bats demonstrate a similar aging if they were stored in the same barn for 50+ years?

Oh does he have a COA proving that one of the bats is associated with the House of David. What garbage!
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
I am calling Bullcrap on this auction or else this is the worst Ebay Listing of all time. I don't believe any of the claims. The bats do not even look old to my eye. I could be all wet, but I highly doubt it. Wouldn't all of the bats demonstrate a similar aging if they were stored in the same barn for 50+ years?

Oh does he have a COA proving that one of the bats is associated with the House of David. What garbage!
Quick to jump to such conclusion? If it was fake, I don't think his feedback would be 100%.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:50 AM   #8 (permalink)

I could tell there was something wrong with these bats before I did any research. Here is some data for yall

Louisville Slugger baseball Bat Dating

These bats would have to be from 1916-1929. Are you telling me that the modern style with the thin handle was used in the Deadball Era. Take a closer look at the picture and the bat on the front right. The torch that was used to age the bat left burn marks on the grains. That is how they made bats in 1929 right? You notice that none of the bats have the barrel end pictured or a disclosure of which Negro Leader or House of David Member used the bat. Do you really still believe these are real?
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 06:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

the barrels are covered so u cant see who the player is, doubt their real

Last edited by GoalieCollector; 11-14-2009 at 06:20 PM.
GoalieCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:35 AM   #10 (permalink)

I am 100% positive that there is a 50% chance that these could be only 25% real.

Or maybe not.

Looking for Andre Dawson Serial numbered cards that are his jersey number - either #8 or #10. So looking for cards like 8/8 or 08/99 or 10/250.
ddearing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:06 PM   #11 (permalink)

Talking

I am the owner of the original listing and all bats are up individually currently on eBay.

Blowoutcards Admin: I appreciate you featuring my listing on your forum. I have bought from Blowoutcards.com in the past and plan to do so in the future.

37jetson: The majority of the bats are from the 1920's. The House of David bat was from catcher Eddie Deal. That was confirmed by the House of David museum in Benton Harbor, Michigan.

All of the other bats range from 1910-1965. Please check out all of them at the link below.

eBay Store - MAJOR LEAGUE ACCESS: Sports Memorabilia, Musical Instruments

Thanks!

Michael
Ballofbases@Hotmail.com
MTwhack22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddearing View Post
I am 100% positive that there is a 50% chance that these could be only 25% real.

Or maybe not.
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! had to read this a couple times.

well played!
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:47 PM   #13 (permalink)

Why would you want to take those old bats out of their habitat and sell the poor things on ebay?
n1nesports is offline   Reply With Quote