Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!) > Fun/Featured Ebay Auction of the Day

Fun/Featured Ebay Auction of the Day Interesting auctions for you to check out

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 11:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default 1986-87 fleer basketball wax box 36 unopened packs !

Here's one every collector dreams of opening...

1986-87 FLEER BASKETBALL WAX BOX 36 UNOPENED PACKS RARE - eBay (item 180445312669 end time Dec-16-09 19:02:24 PST)
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:45 AM   #2 (permalink)

What is this really worth? Anyone know?
Old 12-15-2009, 11:57 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
What is this really worth? Anyone know?
I wouldn't touch those boxes, the cards were put into the packs sequentially leaving it very easy to find which ones had the Jordan Rookie. This box probably won't sell on ebay. But if you see the boxes purchased from a sealed case opening, they go for over $10k.

-I do not send paypal payments as a gift, you pay your fee's and I will pay mine-
www.JLR0747.com
Twitter: @JLR0747
JLR0747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLR0747 View Post
I wouldn't touch those boxes, the cards were put into the packs sequentially leaving it very easy to find which ones had the Jordan Rookie. This box probably won't sell on ebay. But if you see the boxes purchased from a sealed case opening, they go for over $10k.
Thank you!
Old 12-15-2009, 01:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

And to think you could not sell a box for $9 the year of issue...Wish I could have caught that train.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to dustin9900 Send a message via Yahoo to dustin9900

Problem like mentioned before unless it comes from a true sealed case beware. This might be 4 boxes worth of extra packs repackaged. Pulled the jordans had enough extra packs to repack a box and resell it. Surely something decent or two in there but a high high risk to take for 10k.
dustin9900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
And to think you could not sell a box for $9 the year of issue...Wish I could have caught that train.
If I had bought 86 Fleer basketball like I did 86 Topps baseball, it's hard to tell how many Jordans I might have.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:37 PM   #8 (permalink)

Or get each pack graded and resell them. But at $277 per pack, I'll pass for now.
Never Forget 9/11, Be Diligent and Safe!
Vintage Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:39 PM   #9 (permalink)

this came from another website:

Anyways…lets discuss how you can tell if a 1986/87 Fleer Basketball Wax Box is clean and unsearched. With this being such a rare box with a high dollar value, it is especially important to ensure that the box is untampered with. Below are the steps that our experts follow:

1986/87 Fleer Basketball Box
1. Inspect the overall condition of each pack, ensuring the seals are intact, no presence of suspicious wear on the corners and folds of the wrapper, and confirm the gum slides within the pack and is not stuck to the top card in the pack.

2. Count the number of Jordan stickers on the back of the packs. The sticker card is always back side up at the sealed end of the pack, and can be identified through the translucent wax paper. Look to find three to four Jordan stickers, which is consistent with a clean and unshuffled box. Every wax box has at least three stickers of each player (11 players in all), and a fourth sticker for three of the players.

3. Identify the specific cards on the top of the pack through the translucent wax paper. Possessing the proprietary information regarding the sequencing of cards within a pack/box, verify all the cards that should be present in a box are there. The 1986/87 Fleer basketball set has only 132 cards, so a full box makes three complete sets, with a few cards left over to start a fourth.

We have specialized in 1986/87 Fleer basketball products throughout our company history. Our team of experts has handled tens of thousands of singles, hundreds of sets, dozens of wax boxes, a couple of sealed cases, and even an uncut sheet.

These tips come from our team of experts, and are what we go through to make sure the boxes we inspect receive our stamp of approval.

Anyone out there ever opened any boxes of packs of 86/87 Fleer Basketball?
Never Forget 9/11, Be Diligent and Safe!
Vintage Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:51 PM   #10 (permalink)

Opened one around '92. I believe we paid around $200. At that price there were plenty of names from which you could profit.
carlo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:58 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Collector View Post
this came from another website:

Anyways…lets discuss how you can tell if a 1986/87 Fleer Basketball Wax Box is clean and unsearched. With this being such a rare box with a high dollar value, it is especially important to ensure that the box is untampered with. Below are the steps that our experts follow:

1986/87 Fleer Basketball Box
1. Inspect the overall condition of each pack, ensuring the seals are intact, no presence of suspicious wear on the corners and folds of the wrapper, and confirm the gum slides within the pack and is not stuck to the top card in the pack.

2. Count the number of Jordan stickers on the back of the packs. The sticker card is always back side up at the sealed end of the pack, and can be identified through the translucent wax paper. Look to find three to four Jordan stickers, which is consistent with a clean and unshuffled box. Every wax box has at least three stickers of each player (11 players in all), and a fourth sticker for three of the players.

3. Identify the specific cards on the top of the pack through the translucent wax paper. Possessing the proprietary information regarding the sequencing of cards within a pack/box, verify all the cards that should be present in a box are there. The 1986/87 Fleer basketball set has only 132 cards, so a full box makes three complete sets, with a few cards left over to start a fourth.

We have specialized in 1986/87 Fleer basketball products throughout our company history. Our team of experts has handled tens of thousands of singles, hundreds of sets, dozens of wax boxes, a couple of sealed cases, and even an uncut sheet.

These tips come from our team of experts, and are what we go through to make sure the boxes we inspect receive our stamp of approval.

Anyone out there ever opened any boxes of packs of 86/87 Fleer Basketball?
Great info VC! Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:19 PM   #12 (permalink)

If I would have been the smart enough to buy 86/87 Fleer Basketball versus the gorgeous 1986 Topps Baseball I would still have no Jordan's today because I would have felt the need to sell them when they hit $5 each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatechhokiefan View Post
If I had bought 86 Fleer basketball like I did 86 Topps baseball, it's hard to tell how many Jordans I might have.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote