Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!) > Fun/Featured Ebay Auction of the Day

Fun/Featured Ebay Auction of the Day Interesting auctions for you to check out

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2008, 01:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default 2007 SP By The Letter KEN GRIFFEY JR Full Name AUTO 3/3

2007 SP By The Letter KEN GRIFFEY JR Full Name AUTO 3/3 - eBay (item 180223834603 end time Mar-23-08 12:16:31 PDT)
admin_blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

Wow, that is very nice!
Tony-O#35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:20 AM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to imthegrinch Send a message via Yahoo to imthegrinch

putting the names together is always nice looking
imthegrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthegrinch View Post
putting the names together is always nice looking
It wasn't put together, it was a redemption for the full name(just FYI).
Old 04-08-2008, 11:54 AM   #5 (permalink)

I can't believe how much this went for! Why wouldn't the person just buy an autographed Griffey Jersey? He could probably buy one from the Mariners, one from the Reds, and still have $2,000 left over.
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobbigshow View Post
I can't believe how much this went for! Why wouldn't the person just buy an autographed Griffey Jersey? He could probably buy one from the Mariners, one from the Reds, and still have $2,000 left over.

EXACTLY! while he's at it, he could have bought a signed gu full size helmet AND A SIGNED GU BAT!!!!!!!!!!
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
EXACTLY! while he's at it, he could have bought a signed gu full size helmet AND A SIGNED GU BAT!!!!!!!!!!
This is why I do not have 1 highly valueable memorabilia card in my pc. I rather have books full of cards of my favorite player then an expensive game used card that is "rare"; or better yet, how about just an auto photo. I have like 4 auto pictures of Mantle around my room, better than spending $2,000 for an ugly cut card that you would get from a great case pull.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Quote:
This is why I do not have 1 highly valueable memorabilia card in my pc. I rather have books full of cards of my favorite player then an expensive game used card that is "rare"; or better yet, how about just an auto photo. I have like 4 auto pictures of Mantle around my room, better than spending $2,000 for an ugly cut card that you would get from a great case pull.
this reminds me how I wish I got Mantles autograph the last time I saw him, but I was only like 12 at the time.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:30 PM   #9 (permalink)

JBS and CB, I think that you finally made me see the light!

At least the jersey wouldn't be manufactured by UD, topps, etc. You could save so much money and get some many more cool things!
Old 04-08-2008, 01:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flobert1205 View Post
JBS and CB, I think that you finally made me see the light!

At least the jersey wouldn't be manufactured by UD, topps, etc. You could save so much money and get some many more cool things!
exactly, imagine you pull a case break, for example a nice 1/1 jersey patch and its selles between a few hundred and a few thousand...eitheir way with all of that money you can get a steiner sports authenticated jersey of that player
Old 04-08-2008, 02:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

just looked up a signed griffey jr jersey, from grandstand sports (upper deck authenticated)...............

$476.10 with FREE SHIPPING FOR INTERNET ORDERS.

even if you plunked the money to get the jersey framed, that would only cost a couple hundred more.

and the dude paid 3 g's for what basically amounts to a cut up jersey....for what are PROBABLY MANUFACTURED letter patches?

must be nice to have that kind of money.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:30 PM   #12 (permalink)

Yea I told you thats all it would cost. I do not understand the card business, why do 7 letters cost you $3000+ while you can get 7 signed jerseys for the same price?
Old 04-08-2008, 02:38 PM   #13 (permalink)

the thing is that there are jerseys made every day and the athlete can sign forever but there are only 3 of this paticular set and year. for a true collector its about having something that nobody else has. thats why t206 wagners go for so much. its about having something no one else can get.

collect football only.
Sheetzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheetzman View Post
the thing is that there are jerseys made every day and the athlete can sign forever but there are only 3 of this paticular set and year. for a true collector its about having something that nobody else has. thats why t206 wagners go for so much. its about having something no one else can get.
is there even any sense of rarity in cards nowadays?

lets see.....

07 exquisite fb has 5+ types of 1/1's.
topps M&M - lets not even get into the number of 1/1's there are in this set (despite the manufacturing error this year)

07 leaf limited fb = 100+ cut autos? what happened to when cut autos were rare?
Old 04-08-2008, 03:00 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
is there even any sense of rarity in cards nowadays?

lets see.....

07 exquisite fb has 5+ types of 1/1's.
topps M&M - lets not even get into the number of 1/1's there are in this set (despite the manufacturing error this year)

07 leaf limited fb = 100+ cut autos? what happened to when cut autos were rare?
Thanks I was just going to get into the same thing. Heck if you want something rare, by a rare jersey. Get a world series used jersey, or something like that. Then that is rare. You know what I am talking about, for Griffey I am sure you can buy an autoed all star jersey for a couple grand, and thats better than 3 grand for a few letters.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:05 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

slight correction on the leaf limited..... 100+ cut autos OF THE SAME PERSON.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:45 PM   #17 (permalink)

figured i would take abuse for presenting the other side of the arguement, but o well. i am just saying that the reason things go for so much is that COLLECTORS see a piece they don't have and they might never have the chance to buy again. whats a griffey auto worth any way? i am not sure but what ever it is multiply it by 7 cause this guy got 7 autos where as on the full jersey you only get 1. also no one can say that these cards don't look awesome when displayed together. so again it comes back to someone paying what they want for a piece they like. heck you guys are arguing that if you want a peterson jersey auto rookie card then why buy the national treasures or the exquisite one when you can have the LCM or the GG one for half that?

collect football only.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:49 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
figured i would take abuse for presenting the other side of the arguement, but o well.
no one is abusing you. I just addressed what I believed to be a fallacy in your statement surrounding the "rarity" of things.

Quote:
also no one can say that these cards don't look awesome when displayed together.
no one has argued to the contrary

Quote:
heck you guys are arguing that if you want a peterson jersey auto rookie card then why buy the national treasures or the exquisite one when you can have the LCM or the GG one for half that?
actually we aren't aguring that at all. if you had carefully read our posts, you will see that we are "arguing" that instead of buying a signed card of a player for absured amounts of money, you can buy a signed piece of memorabilia for a fraction of the cost.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:50 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

edit. double post
Old 04-08-2008, 03:53 PM   #20 (permalink)

thats what i am saying. you guys are stating the arguement that instead of buy a card for absurd amounts of money then buy something else that is cheaper and you have the "same" thing. When in fact it is not the same thing it is not what this collector wanted for his collection and i figure others wanted it too thus putting a premium on the price he was willing to pay. so instead of ripping a guy because he "ovepaid" lets wait and see how much you (or the next guy) has to pay to get the next set like this.

collect football only.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:56 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
and then captian you replied

EXACTLY

so don't tell me that i read your post wrong or didn't understand you arguement

collect football only.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:08 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
so instead of ripping a guy because he "ovepaid" lets wait and see how much you (or the next guy) has to pay to get the next set like this.
No im not saying he overpaid, I just think it is better to take that money, buy an authographed jersey and 6 auto pictures and you will still have over $2,000 left over.....way over.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:09 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

so let me get this straight sheetz..... YOU would rather spend $2k more than you had to in order to get something that, for a true collector, no one else has?

even though the set is #/3

and even though there are other simliar cards of the same person out there?
Old 04-08-2008, 04:27 PM   #24 (permalink)

me, I would not.I agree with you guys that I would rather have the multiple pieces, but don't see the point in ripping a guy because he choose to pay what he paid. I was just stating the other side of what you guys were saying. as for the set being numbered to 3, good luck finding the other two REDEMTIONS and them being filled. they may not be found til after the experation date and this may have been this collectors one chance at the cards he really wanted. I have already stated that other similar cards are not the "same". this collector wanted this set and paid for it. Now if some one has a full Jerry Rice or Montana name plate up for auction and i REALLY want it i am probably laying down the money.

collect football only.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:31 PM   #25 (permalink)

i am sorry if you have never saw something that you must have and paid what ever it took to get it. Your arguement is from a business point of view and not a collecting point of view. Your arguement is better money management i will not argue that but I feel that it was stupid to ever bring up that a TRUE COLLECTOR did the wrong thing by dropping 3 G's on these cards. I beleive that a TRUE collector never feels he overpaid.

collect football only.