Blowout Cards Forums
cowboys (2016 FB)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > GAMING


GAMING Post Your Gaming Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2017, 11:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
AwesomeJuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,762
Default What happened to Pokemon Sun & Moon Booster Box prices?

Sometime this past week, prices of Sun & Moon booster boxes on eBay went from about $85 down to $60. Anybody have any idea why this happened, especially so quickly? Thanks

sun moon booster box -elite in Pokemon Trading Card Packs | eBay
AwesomeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
marino13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Home Of The Big Apple
Posts: 2,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeJuice View Post
Sometime this past week, prices of Sun & Moon booster boxes on eBay went from about $85 down to $60. Anybody have any idea why this happened, especially so quickly? Thanks

sun moon booster box -elite in Pokemon Trading Card Packs | eBay


Be careful.

There are FAKE Pokemon boxes being passed as REAL ones.

Double check on the sellers before making your purchase.
__________________
I may jump on the CGC bandwagon but then again, I will take all the fees I am going to spend on "slabbed" and put them in a couple of Jim Lee's X-Men original art pages.
marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 01:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Carrbeaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeJuice View Post
Sometime this past week, prices of Sun & Moon booster boxes on eBay went from about $85 down to $60. Anybody have any idea why this happened, especially so quickly? Thanks

sun moon booster box -elite in Pokemon Trading Card Packs | eBay
Like Mario said, be careful... $60 is below factory cost.. Lots of Chinese fakes when it comes to pokemon, even sealed product.
__________________
If you ask me what is the least I will take, then I am going to respond with, "What is the most you are willing to pay?"
Carrbeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
marino13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Home Of The Big Apple
Posts: 2,196
Default

Another possible reason --- Guardians Rising is coming out in May. And from what I have seen and read online, it is a MUCH better set.
__________________
I may jump on the CGC bandwagon but then again, I will take all the fees I am going to spend on "slabbed" and put them in a couple of Jim Lee's X-Men original art pages.
marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
smalltown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 8,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13 View Post
Another possible reason --- Guardians Rising is coming out in May. And from what I have seen and read online, it is a MUCH better set.
I've been talking to a friend who's brother owns a comic/game shop and says Sun & Moon Sales have been underwhelming. He attributes some of the slump to post Christmas time in which he always see's sales in "kids" products drop off. He was having a hard time keeping anything Pokemon in stock over the holidays. But stuff has just been sitting since.
__________________
Collecting: Raptors, Canadian Basketball Players, Vintage & More.
PC: https://www.instagram.com/smalltown.cards/
smalltown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
marino13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Home Of The Big Apple
Posts: 2,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltown View Post
I've been talking to a friend who's brother owns a comic/game shop and says Sun & Moon Sales have been underwhelming. He attributes some of the slump to post Christmas time in which he always see's sales in "kids" products drop off. He was having a hard time keeping anything Pokemon in stock over the holidays. But stuff has just been sitting since.

I love them SM --- and especially when they are around "Dealer's pricing" for the case --- I am hoarding them as much as I can.

I doubt that I can do that with Guardians Rising though.
__________________
I may jump on the CGC bandwagon but then again, I will take all the fees I am going to spend on "slabbed" and put them in a couple of Jim Lee's X-Men original art pages.
marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
smalltown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 8,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13 View Post
I love them SM --- and especially when they are around "Dealer's pricing" for the case --- I am hoarding them as much as I can.

I doubt that I can do that with Guardians Rising though.
I think they'll be a good "long term" product. With so many cards being a hard pull it should hold value pretty well.
__________________
Collecting: Raptors, Canadian Basketball Players, Vintage & More.
PC: https://www.instagram.com/smalltown.cards/
smalltown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
marino13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Home Of The Big Apple
Posts: 2,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltown View Post
I think they'll be a good "long term" product. With so many cards being a hard pull it should hold value pretty well.

Not only that (since I am a PSA collector), it is EXTREMELY difficult to get them highend inserts at high grade.

From my experience of opening up about 15 boxes -- less than 10% of the highend inserts are grade-able at either "9 or better". Most have factory damages on them.
__________________
I may jump on the CGC bandwagon but then again, I will take all the fees I am going to spend on "slabbed" and put them in a couple of Jim Lee's X-Men original art pages.
marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
smalltown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 8,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13 View Post
Not only that (since I am a PSA collector), it is EXTREMELY difficult to get them highend inserts at high grade.

From my experience of opening up about 15 boxes -- less than 10% of the highend inserts are grade-able at either "9 or better". Most have factory damages on them.
I noticed that as my son and i have been opening stuff. Lots of issues with the edges and centering. It feels like it was really rushed out with that and the mapping issue.
__________________
Collecting: Raptors, Canadian Basketball Players, Vintage & More.
PC: https://www.instagram.com/smalltown.cards/
smalltown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
marino13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Home Of The Big Apple
Posts: 2,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltown View Post
I noticed that as my son and i have been opening stuff. Lots of issues with the edges and centering. It feels like it was really rushed out with that and the mapping issue.

There is a market for Off-Center cards --- only the rares and holo are in demand.

Beside the edges, take a close look of the holo and highend --- you will see scrubs and factory lines running down the cards and some are on the corners.

As for mapping, since I only buy by sealed boxes and cases, this doesnt affect me. I do not buy loose packs.
__________________
I may jump on the CGC bandwagon but then again, I will take all the fees I am going to spend on "slabbed" and put them in a couple of Jim Lee's X-Men original art pages.
marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 05:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
smalltown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 8,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13 View Post
There is a market for Off-Center cards --- only the rares and holo are in demand.
For sure. I've been selling Korean Holos and about a quarter are off center. But it doesn't seem to be effecting sales at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13 View Post
As for mapping, since I only buy by sealed boxes and cases, this doesnt affect me. I do not buy loose packs.
Neither do i, but it has put some people off quite a bit.
__________________
Collecting: Raptors, Canadian Basketball Players, Vintage & More.
PC: https://www.instagram.com/smalltown.cards/
smalltown is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.