Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   Hobby Shop Locator (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/hobby-shop-locator/)
-   -   Good Card Shops Near Boston,MA? (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/hobby-shop-locator/202172-good-card-shops-near-boston-ma.html)

Celtsfan33 09-26-2011 06:20 PM

Good Card Shops Near Boston,MA?

Hi Guys
I live in MA but i dont have a really good LCS
i would like to know of all the GOOD card shops with about a 35 mile radius of Boston
[B][U][SIZE="7"]REVIEWS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE][/U][/B]

Celtsfan33 09-27-2011 04:20 PM

can anyone help me out??

PorterMan20 09-29-2011 11:04 AM

I live in MA too and have only found one LCS near where I live. It's in Tewksbury, MA, not a great wax selection but it's ok.

If I go a little further, there's [url=http://www.chriscardscomics.com/index.html]Chris's Cards & Comics[/url] and they have a pretty nice wax selection and some singles for sale too (the Salem location is better than Seabrook IMO).

Also, there's the gbscc.com and they have monthly meetings. If you ever want to attend, let me know and we'll meet up. I'm new to MA and don't really have any friends up here, especially none that collect cards.

Celtsfan33 09-29-2011 04:21 PM

whats so good about the tewksbury shop???
how about packs???
and i only collect basketball

PorterMan20 09-29-2011 05:33 PM

The Tewksbury shop is ok, but they are admittedly thin on Basketball cards.

The Salem, NH shop I sent you (Chris's Cards & Comics) has a pretty great selection of packs/boxes/singles.

I used to collect basketball and have a pretty big collection, but I'm slowly moving more towards baseball and football (can't collect everything). If you have anything in particular you collect from basketball, let me know!

Also, the Greater Boston Sports Collectors Club (gbscc.com) is a cool group and meets once a month in Woburn. I'll probably be there this coming month's meeting (Oct.) if you want to meet up there.

Celtsfan33 09-29-2011 06:42 PM

i collect HOF autos
I collect almost all GU multi color patches
and i collect celtics (depending on what you have)

PorterMan20 09-30-2011 09:11 AM

I have a HUGE Paul Pierce collection, I'll try to get a list together and PM it to you.

Celtsfan33 09-30-2011 03:47 PM

[QUOTE=PorterMan20;1710120]I have a HUGE Paul Pierce collection, I'll try to get a list together and PM it to you.[/QUOTE]
ok thanks man
i only have about 18 dollars right now

Tivo32 10-03-2011 05:00 PM

I've found Batter-Up (Tewksbury, MA) to be a really nice shop. Their selection isn't the greatest but the guys who work there are friendly, helpful and kind. I found Chris' Comics to be sort of hit or miss. Sometimes their prices can be pretty high.

Celtsfan33 10-03-2011 05:59 PM

[QUOTE=Tivo32;1719332]I've found Batter-Up (Tewksbury, MA) to be a really nice shop. Their selection isn't the greatest but the guys who work there are friendly, helpful and kind. I found Chris' Comics to be sort of hit or miss. Sometimes their prices can be pretty high.[/QUOTE]
so whats really so great about batter up......i dont understand how does a nice owner effect the shop
( i dont mean i dont care but you know what i mean)

Tivo32 10-03-2011 10:34 PM

[QUOTE=Celtsfan33;1719529]so whats really so great about batter up......i dont understand how does a nice owner effect the shop
( i dont mean i dont care but you know what i mean)[/QUOTE]

If I'm interested in buying a certain box, I'll go there first to check and see if they have it. If they do I buy it. For me it's right on my way home so it's not out of the way. Some other card shops seem to not care that you walk in their store. They'll sit behind the counter reading and will only help you if you ask. The guys at Batter Up will talk sports with you and joke around. It's just a much more pleasant experience. For me, that goes a long way. In Eastern Mass there is no really sports card and memorabilia only store. It seems like comic books are way more popular. So I like going into Batter Up and chatting sports and buying a box or two.

Celtsfan33 10-04-2011 02:41 PM

[QUOTE=Tivo32;1720516]If I'm interested in buying a certain box, I'll go there first to check and see if they have it. If they do I buy it. For me it's right on my way home so it's not out of the way. Some other card shops seem to not care that you walk in their store. They'll sit behind the counter reading and will only help you if you ask. The guys at Batter Up will talk sports with you and joke around. It's just a much more pleasant experience. For me, that goes a long way. In Eastern Mass there is no really sports card and memorabilia only store. It seems like comic books are way more popular. So I like going into Batter Up and chatting sports and buying a box or two.[/QUOTE]
can you tell me what kind of boxes do they have and at what price????
im interested....

slapshot8c 10-05-2011 01:54 PM

I live up in Methuen, and there are two spots that I go to: Chris' Comics in Salem, and Comic Book Palace in Haverhill. CBP has better prices but the selection isn't as great as Chris'.

jflan702 07-14-2012 07:05 PM

If you care to drive west a little, there is Gilbert's Sports Nostalgia in Natick. right off of rt 9 at rt 27. Gary is a great shop owner. Knows his stuff and has tons of singles and wax.

Celtsfan33 07-16-2012 04:06 PM

[QUOTE=jflan702;2974066]If you care to drive west a little, there is Gilbert's Sports Nostalgia in Natick. right off of rt 9 at rt 27. Gary is a great shop owner. Knows his stuff and has tons of singles and wax.[/QUOTE]
Yeah
I know gary and that's my main store
seems like its the best for miles!

thanks so much!