Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Hobby Shop Locator

Hobby Shop Locator Find a local Hobby Shop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2012, 03:10 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Anyone know of a good card shop in las Vegas area?

On vacation in lv til sunday anyone know any shops close to the strip? Staying at palazzo, lmk. Thanks!
gr8azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:11 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8azn View Post
On vacation in lv til sunday anyone know any shops close to the strip? Staying at palazzo, lmk. Thanks!
The only shop that I know of in Las Vegas is the Gold and Silver Pawn Shop from the Pawn Stars show on TV. From the show I have seen an expert come in that deals with Sports Cards and Memorabilia but not sure the name of his shop. Hope this helps!
Tpm2780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:40 AM   #3 (permalink)

DOn't know of any card shops, but if you like autographed memorabilia, there is a shop in the Miracle Mile Shops in Planet Hollywood called Memorabilia International. They have both current players plus HOF autographs, but their prices are kinda all over the place. But they did have great prices on Ted Williams autographs. A signed 8x10 photo authenticated by PSA (and Green Diamond, the Williams' family company) was only $100 or $125. A signed bat (also PSA / GD) was only $700. Both those prices shocked me for being in Vegas, where if you have ever been to Field of Dreams they have cool stuff, but priced 2-5x higher.

There are also autograph signings at different places. Pete Rose signs pretty much every day in the Forum Shops in Caesar's Palace (think he has moved from Field of Dreams to a shop called Antiquities). And doing an internet search, I see that Dick Butkus is signing today at Field of Dreams. And, Memorabilia International usually has a few boxers signing each weekend, and once a month it looks like they have Joe Montana (looks like he will be there on the 28th and 29th though this month).
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpm2780 View Post
The only shop that I know of in Las Vegas is the Gold and Silver Pawn Shop from the Pawn Stars show on TV. From the show I have seen an expert come in that deals with Sports Cards and Memorabilia but not sure the name of his shop. Hope this helps!
I've wanted to find this guys place and check it out as I am going to Vegas in a couple weeks.
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #5 (permalink)

I'm not from Vegas, so I'm not sure how close it it, but I remember seeing a video break from these guys where they pulled the Ruth/Dimaggio Cut Auto booklet from TTT:

Legacy Sports Cards
8125 W Sahara Ave, Suite #160
Las Vegas, NV 89117
Phone #: (702) 341-6525

As for the Pawn Stars shop, when we went 2 years ago they didnt have hardly anything sports related, other than a handful of Super Bowl rings that had 100k price tags. It was being expanded then though, so it may be worth a shot. Don't get too enamored with the place, as they give you a 30 minute limit for staying and browsing. Good luck!
Old 01-06-2012, 12:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartender623 View Post
I'm not from Vegas, so I'm not sure how close it it, but I remember seeing a video break from these guys where they pulled the Ruth/Dimaggio Cut Auto booklet from TTT:

Legacy Sports Cards
8125 W Sahara Ave, Suite #160
Las Vegas, NV 89117
Phone #: (702) 341-6525

As for the Pawn Stars shop, when we went 2 years ago they didnt have hardly anything sports related, other than a handful of Super Bowl rings that had 100k price tags. It was being expanded then though, so it may be worth a shot. Don't get too enamored with the place, as they give you a 30 minute limit for staying and browsing. Good luck!
Yeah, that is the name of the place that I was trying to think of from the guy that comes to the Pawn Stars shop every so often! Thanks!
Tpm2780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpm2780 View Post
Just a heads up, dont go to Gold and Silver Pawn. I went there over the summer and everything was way overpriced. Not to mention you had to wait in line to get it.
imnotded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yeah go to Legacy Sports cards. They are a bit off the strip though but they are a legit card shop with a bunch of boxes and not one of those stores that has ONLY signed memorabilia. I didn't buy anything when I went but the store seemed pretty decent!
kgsportscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:26 AM   #9 (permalink)

He came in from Ultimate Sports Cards. I havent been there but did go in Legacy this past week. The prices are a little too high for me to consider shopping there. 2011 Finest baseball was $130. Yikes.
tdmonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:03 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdmonkeys View Post
He came in from Ultimate Sports Cards. I havent been there but did go in Legacy this past week. The prices are a little too high for me to consider shopping there. 2011 Finest baseball was $130. Yikes.
yeah legacy has really high prices.

AVG .292 3 HR 33 RBI
metsandweezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #11 (permalink)

Does ultimate sports cards have good prices on boxes?

AVG .292 3 HR 33 RBI
metsandweezer is offline   Reply With Quote