Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   Hobby Shop Locator (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/hobby-shop-locator/)
-   -   Shops in Philadelphia (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/hobby-shop-locator/309501-shops-philadelphia.html)

MrAnonymous 05-27-2012 08:18 PM

Shops in Philadelphia

So I see there are a few shops within about 30 minutes of me, but are there any good ones in the city?

Would love to have a local place to buy cards/boxes.

WilsonValdez 05-29-2012 02:01 AM

[QUOTE=MrAnonymous;2736699]So I see there are a few shops within about 30 minutes of me, but are there any good ones in the city?

Would love to have a local place to buy cards/boxes.[/QUOTE]

There are absolutely ZERO shops in the center city area or surroundings. I think there is 1 or 2 down in S. philly.

Pretty much why I go to shops outside of philly.

ajscards101 06-03-2012 08:40 PM

I don't live in Philly, but I hear Georges Cards and Collectibles outside of Philly is nice

mikey121581 06-04-2012 07:50 PM

i found a place called bjs....in hatfield...kinda pricy but ok i guess

WilsonValdez 06-05-2012 12:10 AM

[QUOTE=mikey121581;2774089]i found a place called bjs....in hatfield...kinda pricy but ok i guess[/QUOTE]

BJ's is terrible and searches their packs (or allows customers to search packs). If you're in that area, Knuckleball is better.

My favorite shop in the area is in Media, PA...Media Cards and Sports. Great prices, great atmosphere, owner is as good of a guy as you'll get in the hobby.

mikey121581 06-05-2012 11:06 AM

i work near there so i stopped by....never will go in there again thats for sure...

WilsonValdez 06-05-2012 03:27 PM

[QUOTE=mikey121581;2777098]i work near there so i stopped by....never will go in there again thats for sure...[/QUOTE]

Like I said, Knuckleball seems to be the best in the area, now that my favorite place closed :(

Where do you work (general area)?

mikey121581 06-05-2012 09:10 PM

bryn athyn

cl204 06-20-2012 05:16 PM

Would any one be down to meet up and break at a place near or around philly sometime? I'm from Delaware County but it doesnt really matter what shop it is I just got an itching to break lol. But if there is any intrest I would be game.

FISHLEGBOOTS 06-20-2012 05:23 PM

I've only been in Philly less than a year but I've been going to Sportscard Playground in Hatboro. Nice people and fairly decent prices.

MrAnonymous 06-22-2012 11:38 PM

Id be completely down to get a break sometime or even just trade locally. Im in Center City Philly.

And Ive seen a few posts about a shop in Hatboro, just a bit of a hike for me.

Cornerstore 07-14-2012 05:34 PM

sorry just wanted to bump this - just moved to near center city philly any new places in town that i should check out?

MrAnonymous 07-17-2012 09:29 PM

There arent any shops that I know of in Philly. Just outside of Philly yes... Jersey over the bridge yes.

If you trade BKBall or find a shop near Philly, let me know :)

jt16 07-18-2012 10:26 AM

There is a new place on Fairview road in Delaware County right off Macdade. The 3 times I went in there he had nothing but junk. He said he was just getting started and he was going to start getting some wax in soon.

He had another place and was doing a signing with Claude Giroux..He had a lot of IP autos of flyers and eagles.

I haven't been back in a couple months. It is not on google or anything.

If I go back, I will update.

Anybody been to Carl's cards in Havertown? I know it is pretty big. I think Hunter Pence was there last year in August.

[url=http://www.carlscards.com/]Carls Cards and Collectibles | Havertown, PA | Home[/url]

I never been there and would like to go. I just have to find it one day.

EDIT: Ruiz, Lavs, Clarke, and Reggie Leech are all doing signings at this place in August.

cl204 07-27-2012 10:41 AM

[QUOTE=jt16;2991253][B]There is a new place on Fairview road in Delaware County right off Macdade. The 3 times I went in there he had nothing but junk. He said he was just getting started and he was going to start getting some wax in soon.

He had another place and was doing a signing with Claude Giroux..He had a lot of IP autos of flyers and eagles.

I haven't been back in a couple months. It is not on google or anything.

If I go back, I will update. [/B]Anybody been to Carl's cards in Havertown? I know it is pretty big. I think Hunter Pence was there last year in August.

[url=http://www.carlscards.com/]Carls Cards and Collectibles | Havertown, PA | Home[/url]

I never been there and would like to go. I just have to find it one day.

EDIT: Ruiz, Lavs, Clarke, and Reggie Leech are all doing signings at this place in August.[/QUOTE]

I live 5 minutes away from Macdade Blvd. Let me know if you go back there anytime soon or the address I would like to check it out as well.

Also, Ive been to Carl's a bunch of times and it is very good for IP signings. They always have guests there.

RichSlyFox14 07-27-2012 02:40 PM

[QUOTE=FISHLEGBOOTS;2853580]I've only been in Philly less than a year but I've been going to Sportscard Playground in Hatboro. Nice people and fairly decent prices.[/QUOTE]
yeah that's my LCS i go to. great place.

i know carl's cards in havertown also has players signing all the time if you're into that. never been there though.

AndrewKlep 08-06-2012 12:30 AM

Anyone been to the Oxford Valley Mall?

cl204 08-10-2012 04:45 PM

[QUOTE=AndrewKlep;3089531]Anyone been to the Oxford Valley Mall?[/QUOTE]

Yea, I was there last summer. Nice guy that owns it and very reasonable prices. It is its own shop conected to the mall.

ILikeThatCard 08-10-2012 04:57 PM

Do you guys know of any near Allentown/Bethlehem?

MattGurski 10-08-2012 09:49 PM

If you want to cross the bridge into Jersey Riverside Sportscards is where I frequent reasonable prices and the owner is really nice.

sportscardbreak 11-25-2012 01:09 AM

Try out Evan's Sports Cards and Collectibles in Voorhees, NJ. Like 20-30 mins. outside of Philly. Great owner with pretty good prices.

R3dm4n 11-26-2012 09:43 PM

Carls is nice but way overpriced compared to the Media shop. The Media shop is far and away the best shop. Group of guys hang out on Saturdays and eat and bust wax, my buddy and I would be down for some live box or case breaks! He has old cases too. Owner is awesome, and prices are MOSTLY comparable to here.

matt4486 01-08-2013 09:26 PM

[QUOTE=MrAnonymous;2736699]So I see there are a few shops within about 30 minutes of me, but are there any good ones in the city?

Would love to have a local place to buy cards/boxes.[/QUOTE]

We have a great Sportscard Shop in Mt. Penn (Reading Area) about an hour northwest of Philly call Mt. Penn Sportscards. Check us out lots of awesome stuff and very reasonable prices am easy to deal with. We are always looking to buy and trade too.

garrow21 05-25-2013 11:57 PM

theres is a place called Garden of earthly delights in northest philly thats pretty good and fairly priced also Georges is a nice place but the oxford valley mall store dont have a whole lot