Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   Hobby Shop Locator (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/hobby-shop-locator/)
-   -   Good shops in Central CT (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/hobby-shop-locator/321403-good-shops-central-ct.html)

pkscards 06-21-2012 08:04 AM

Good shops in Central CT

Interested to hear what you guys think because I cant seem to find a good shop thats not outrageously priced anywhere near me. Willing to travel 30-45 mins on occasion.

Jeff.Mc 06-22-2012 09:09 PM

I'm in the same boat as you are man. I mostly go to Matt's Cards and Comics in Enfield.

I used to go to Simbury Cards and Comics in East Granby....but they moved...I heard it's on 10 & 202 in Granby but, I have not been there to confirm.

Do you know any besides them.

pkscards 06-26-2012 01:28 PM

I normally go to Omni Comics in Bristol but hate it. The guys working there are clueless, no volume discounts, loose packs are seperate from boxes, sell tons of retail, never have what i want by the pack, boxes are usually overpriced unless its a hot product that they dont know is hot lol.

Went to the new Kens in Berlin and had high expectations but despite having a much better atmosphere it was more overpricrd hand had a more limited inventory than omni. Maybe ill make a trip up to Enfield one of these days? How are prices, selection, atmosphere?

Jeff.Mc 06-26-2012 03:47 PM

Very crowded and cramped to me. Owner is knowledgable..but, seems stand offish. What help he does have just seems to call him if he's not there and at the Somers location. plenty of packs but the are over priced ( 2011 Bowman Draft box $95) last time I went. Does not have many recent singles but older...10 years. He stopped busting packs arou d then. I asked if he had any counter space that was consignment. He told me hews think about it some day.

mmbtvs 06-26-2012 03:49 PM

The one in Enfield isn't really worth a special trip. I was told by another member that there was a good place in wethersfield, but I have not made the trip there myself.

pkscards 06-27-2012 09:42 PM

Wethersfield is the main store for Omni, the Bristol one I go to is the 2nd satellite store.. only been there a few times, wasn't overly impressed...similar price/selection to the Bristol one but the guys working there were a lot better.

Simsbury Cards and Comics looks good by it's website. I've got a 4th party in E. Granby on Sat. and will probably stop over before or after. Some of the prices listed online look real good for an LCS (Bowman Draft for $75, Gypsy Queen for $90...hopefully that means the newer stuff it reasonably priced as well.)
[url=http://www.simsburycc.com]Home - Simsbury Cards & Comics[/url]

nera20 07-19-2012 11:06 AM

Its hard to find deals anymore. Omni is the best option.

ericarizona51 07-28-2012 09:08 AM

[QUOTE=nera20;2996841]its hard to find good stores with reasonable prices anymore. You are better off just buying from blowout![/QUOTE]

This is very true esp. in CT

TASS 07-28-2012 03:30 PM

[QUOTE=pkscards;2889929]Wethersfield is the main store for Omni, the Bristol one I go to is the 2nd satellite store.. only been there a few times, wasn't overly impressed...similar price/selection to the Bristol one but the guys working there were a lot better.

Simsbury Cards and Comics looks good by it's website. I've got a 4th party in E. Granby on Sat. and will probably stop over before or after. Some of the prices listed online look real good for an LCS (Bowman Draft for $75, Gypsy Queen for $90...hopefully that means the newer stuff it reasonably priced as well.)
[url=http://www.simsburycc.com]Home - Simsbury Cards & Comics[/url][/QUOTE]

Omni in Weathersfield is the best option for CT. card stores, Scott the owner is a very 'hands on/knowledgable owner' and there pricing is competitve when comparing to other New England card shops. I travel in all of the New England States and have been to most of the card shops, and have to say the major ones all have very similar pricing when dealing with new releases. If you are looking for inventory then Omni is the place to go, and they always have 'close-out' specials on older products 09-10, 10-11 that will make your trip worthwhile.

nera20 07-28-2012 03:37 PM

[QUOTE=TASS;3045729]Omni in Weathersfield is the best option for CT. card stores, Scott the owner is a very 'hands on/knowledgable owner' and there pricing is competitve when comparing to other New England card shops. I travel in all of the New England States and have been to most of the card shops, and have to say the major ones all have very similar pricing when dealing with new releases. If you are looking for inventory then Omni is the place to go, and they always have 'close-out' specials on older products 09-10, 10-11 that will make your trip worthwhile.[/QUOTE]

Agreed on this one. Its so hard to find deals on boxes because the market is so small but they will treat you good at this store.

skel1977 08-30-2012 01:19 PM

For comics

Eye opener in newington.
Heroes and Hitters, rocky hill
Omni is in between both shops so you can hit all 3 in 20 minutes.

Burried under, manchester(unfortunately owner passed away. Dont know if they will re open)

Matts in enfield kind of sucks for comics because they are always beat up/bent/damaged

pkscards 09-14-2012 03:06 PM

[QUOTE=skel1977;3231822]For comics

Eye opener in newington.
Heroes and Hitters, rocky hill
Omni is in between both shops so you can hit all 3 in 20 minutes.

Burried under, manchester(unfortunately owner passed away. Dont know if they will re open)

Matts in enfield kind of sucks for comics because they are always beat up/bent/damaged[/QUOTE]

Yup, I like Omni in Wethersfield...starting to warm up to the Bristol one as well. Pulled some huge hits out of boxes there. The guys at Wethersfield definitely are more knowledgable though, and have more inventory.