Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Hobby Shop Locator

Hobby Shop Locator Find a local Hobby Shop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2012, 12:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Shops in Fairfax or Charlottesville, VA?

I'm going to be in Fairfax and Charlottesville next week visiting my family and my wifes family and I was wondering if anyone knew of any card shops in either the Fairfax or Charlottesville area?
Old 08-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

There's Cavalier Cards in C-ville. One of the board members works there (or used to, at least). Haven't been there, but he said their prices aren't too bad.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'll check them out, I just Googled the name and they're right down the road from the hotel I'm staying at. Hopefully going home will mean good luck, lol. I need something to get the mojo going again, I've had such horrible pulls lately.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quick update, Cavalier Cards is a complete waste of time and a ripoff. Their prices are extremely high whether it's for packs, singles, or boxes, and they have no selection either when it comes to boxes. For what they do have, if you're okay with paying well over the average price for a box of cards go right ahead and blow your money there.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blnkimgn View Post
Quick update, Cavalier Cards is a complete waste of time and a ripoff. Their prices are extremely high whether it's for packs, singles, or boxes, and they have no selection either when it comes to boxes. For what they do have, if you're okay with paying well over the average price for a box of cards go right ahead and blow your money there.
Sorry man--like I said, I only had info from the guy who worked there. Thanks for letting me know not to waste my time going there, though
Old 08-21-2012, 05:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
Sorry man--like I said, I only had info from the guy who worked there. Thanks for letting me know not to waste my time going there, though
Hey, no problem, I had some time to kill and was in the area, so I didn't waste any gas at least. Hopefully when I get back up to NoVA on Friday I can find a place local to my in-laws. If not, oh well, I will head to the shop I go to at home and buy there.