Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Hobby Shop Locator

Hobby Shop Locator Find a local Hobby Shop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Philly/South Jersey area?

Hey guys, I'm in Mt Laurel NJ area for a while trying to find a decent lcs. I've checked the threads for Philly and saw some recommendations for Media, but it's a little too far. Riverside Sports Card got some good feedback so might go check them out.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any other shops that aren't a little too rapey on the pricing. All but 1 I've found online or on the GPS is closed, and the one I did find had the most outrageous prices I've ever seen, ever. Wish I could remember the name of it just so I could tell people to stay away. It was in a downtown area of a smaller town around Chatham. Anyway, thanks!

Oh and actually I'm traveling quite a bit all over NJ, so any recommendations for good shops in the state would be appreciated. Thanks!

PC ~ Tomlinson, Calvin, Barry Sanders, Marshall Faulk, Kurt Warner BUCS~Derrick Brooks, Ronde Barber, Sapp, Doug Martin, Mark Barron, Lavonte David
skChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:05 AM   #2 (permalink)

Woo another south jersey member. I have gone to 4-5 different stores and my favorite is Evan's Sports Cards & Collectibles in Voorhees. Really nice owner with mostly good prices. Will give you a small discount on almost all product. Also has a TON of autographed pictures with great prices on those. If you ever have time check out his store. Definitely stay away from Conte's Card Castle in Haddonfield. WAYYY overpriced. Good luck!
sportscardbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscardbreak View Post
Woo another south jersey member. I have gone to 4-5 different stores and my favorite is Evan's Sports Cards & Collectibles in Voorhees. Really nice owner with mostly good prices. Will give you a small discount on almost all product. Also has a TON of autographed pictures with great prices on those. If you ever have time check out his store. Definitely stay away from Conte's Card Castle in Haddonfield. WAYYY overpriced. Good luck!
Thanks for the info, I'll see how far Voorhees is from where I'm at. Most of the places I look up online are closed. I think the one in Haddonfield is the one I did find. I was absolutely disgusted by their pricing. I'd slap someone if I saw them buy a box from there at those prices.

I went to Riverside Sports Cards yesterday after reading some of the other threads. I agree with all the others, good shop and Dave, the owner, was awesome. Chatted with him for at least half an hour & he was very reasonable and worked with me on pricing. Was also very honest, without me asking he'd tell me if he knew of any hits pulled from the opened boxes so I'd save my $ from buying packs with no shot.

Ended up buying his last 2 boxes of Triple Threads FB, one of the boxes was fantastic! Other one, not so much...
2 Boxes Triple Threads FB

PC ~ Tomlinson, Calvin, Barry Sanders, Marshall Faulk, Kurt Warner BUCS~Derrick Brooks, Ronde Barber, Sapp, Doug Martin, Mark Barron, Lavonte David
Old 11-25-2012, 10:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mikey121581

i use to go to riverside alot...havent been there in years...but dave is a great guy
Brooke Tessmacher,WWE Elite Figures,Green Arrow
mikey121581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
ND3

Evan is a good dude. Twitches and moans alot but....otherwise a good guy.

BamBam lives down that way and Ronlabo will float down there via the Wonka Chocolate River.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

This thread might help. NEw member from South jersey
Old 11-26-2012, 05:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND3 View Post
Evan is a good dude. Twitches and moans alot but....otherwise a good guy.

BamBam lives down that way and Ronlabo will float down there via the Wonka Chocolate River.

Bwhahahahahahaha
From the Halls of Montezuma To the shores of Tripoli; We fight our country's battles In the air, on land, and sea; First to fight for right and freedom And to keep our honor clean; We are proud to claim the title Of United States Marine.
ronlabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:17 AM   #8 (permalink)

lmao you guys are awesome. thanks a bunch to everybody, i really appreciate it. much better than trying to find shops online

Old 06-01-2013, 12:23 AM   #9 (permalink)

I m bumping this to see if there are any other nice shops in south jersey
phillies347 is offline   Reply With Quote