Blowout Cards Forums
ebay event 8.25.14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Hobby Shop Locator

Hobby Shop Locator Find a local Hobby Shop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Any shops near Fort Polk/Leesville, LA?

Just moved here and haven't found any places that sell cards besides Walmart.
Jdotro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

You have limited options in that part of La! I live in Monroe (2 hour drive from Polk) and we have a good shop- Bayou "Jaimies" sportscards of Louisiana.. aside from that, theres a shop in Baton Rouge (don't know the name) .. so either way, your lookin at a 4+ hour round trip for an LCS! I'm in the La National Guard (e-6) and I was at Polk last week, if you get in with one of the managers at the PX, they will let you know when they get a new shipment of cards (retail,obviously). At least you won't have to drive forever to see some of the newest stuff! Hope this helps!
Old 01-14-2013, 11:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

I check the px at least twice a week ever since the first time I seen prizm basketball. I cleared the shelf and ended up with a Anthony Davis Auto. Thanks for the info though! Don't think I'll be driving out there anytime soon.
Jdotro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:53 AM   #4 (permalink)

Yeah, actually the PX down there was the first place I bought prizm basketball retail! Only found 1 pack mixed up with some loose football packs haha... didnt pull anything worth mentioning, though! Great job on the Davis auto, though!
Old 01-15-2013, 09:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Terrible duty station. Sorry for your luck!
hxcdavidjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

I don't know what Prizm Basketball is but...Alexandria has a Hastings and there used to be a card shop across the 4 lane from Hastings. About a 40 minute trip.

I was told yesterday that there is a card shop in the shopping center by Dominoe's Pizza in Leesville. I haven't been to check it out. There used to be one on entrance road next to the McDonalds right outside the main gate. I think it is closed down, may be worth a look.

Other than that, Lake Charles has a pretty big shop call Paper Heroes. Or did last time I was down that way. It's less than two hours.

As for Ft Polk being a terrible duty station.... well it depends on what you are into. Ft Polk is just a couple hours away from some of the best duck hunting in the South, some say the U.S. And the same for one of the richest salt water fisheries in the U.S as well. Toledo Bend is a trophy lake for fresh water fishing. Not to mention all the rivers and other public lakes.

The TexasRenfest is a few hours drive as well. Lake Charles has Contraband Days coming up in May. A pirate themed festival. Its decent but not what it used to be. Classic car show, live bands, boat parade and they fire some cannons.
MikeInSlagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

I'm from lake charles paper heroes stopped selling boxes and packs unfortunately. They mainly deal in game cards, sci fi stuff, and comics now.
harbringer is offline   Reply With Quote