Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Hobby Shop Locator

Hobby Shop Locator Find a local Hobby Shop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2014, 08:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default shops in Michigan?

Ive noticed a bunch of guys from Michigan on here, wheres your favorite store and why??

I dont have anything worth while near me and really need a fix soon!
wngfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:12 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

The Stadium in Bay City gets my nod. No customers get to touch packs/boxes. 100% guaranteed non pack searched. Also. They throw a kick ass pack wars. Also have a serious inventory on cards that are all logged for quick findings for set building.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

A lot of people like Sports Cards Central at Orchard Lake Rd and 14 mile in Farmington hills. There is a place in Lake Orion called Primetime Sports Cards but their prices are sky high on boxes, anywhere from $20-$40 more than what they are here at Blowout. There is Grand Slam at 17 mile and Ryan. They seem fairly reasonable.

I saw an ad today that Play Ball Sports near Westland mall was closing. Not sure if they have any deals. It's an hour drive, so not sure if I will take the chance to check it out or not.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

wow, I thought with a bunch of Michiganders on here that there would heve been more of a response. Guess this board is as dead as I was told it was?

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
The Stadium in Bay City gets my nod. No customers get to touch packs/boxes. 100% guaranteed non pack searched. Also. They throw a kick ass pack wars. Also have a serious inventory on cards that are all logged for quick findings for set building.
I've known Scott since he started out in Frankenmuth. The only problem I dont like with his store is all of the gaming stuff. But I know thats where the money is these days. He had one helluva store back in the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerlem1 View Post
A lot of people like Sports Cards Central at Orchard Lake Rd and 14 mile in Farmington hills. There is a place in Lake Orion called Primetime Sports Cards but their prices are sky high on boxes, anywhere from $20-$40 more than what they are here at Blowout. There is Grand Slam at 17 mile and Ryan. They seem fairly reasonable.

I saw an ad today that Play Ball Sports near Westland mall was closing. Not sure if they have any deals. It's an hour drive, so not sure if I will take the chance to check it out or not.

I think I have been to the store on Orchard Lake once, that was a very nice store. Well set up and lots of products. I agree with the one in Lake Orion, I was there a couple years ago and I laughed all the way around the store with his prices

Any one else have anything?
wngfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

Where are you located?
yourmyboyblue2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

These boards are not dead, but card collecting in Michigan is sure circling the drain. It is hard to find a non-Gibraltar Card Show in Michigan these days which is sad because Michigan was one of the leaders of the card collecting revolution in the 1970's and 1980's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wngfan View Post
wow, I thought with a bunch of Michiganders on here that there would heve been more of a response. Guess this board is as dead as I was told it was?
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

All Star in Grand Rapids is the jam, Dan is super cool

The place in the mall is decent because you can get wax on Sunday and I have to work while everyone else is at the Card Shop

The guy on Division really doesn't have a whole heck of a lot unless you know exactly what you want but his supplies are cheap

I have been to all the others near Grand Rapids and the one is Kalamazoo is cool but more of a comic shop, the one in maybe Holland? Is not great and the one is some random town had cheap 2011 Topps Update the only time I went there and I bought it all

Enjoy the Mitten, I had to get out after 3 years and I have no interest in ever going back
Old 03-03-2014, 10:01 AM   #8 (permalink)

Test..""...

Now show me the fool who says dreams dont come true.
GoldenBoy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:30 AM   #9 (permalink)

I've been to a majority of the better and more well known shops in michigan. Sports card central in Farmington hills is my favorite. Great prices and the staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. Go there regularly and you will meet a lot of cool people and can make a lot of easy trades and sales while there.

I ship everything in bubble mailers and only deal with people who do the same.
Golfermatt91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:27 PM   #10 (permalink)

Sports Card Central in Farmington Hills is great. Last time I stopped in they were in the process of re-locating to a different spot in the same large shopping plaza, so if you have not been there before call first for directions.

Zach, the guy who works there most of the time is always helpful, fair and friendly.

Another good shop is Grand Slam in Sterling Heights. They specialize more in the vintage cards, or at least they have more on display than most shops I've been to.
cardboardhoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:25 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerlem1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboardhoard View Post
Sports Card Central in Farmington Hills is great. Last time I stopped in they were in the process of re-locating to a different spot in the same large shopping plaza, so if you have not been there before call first for directions.

Zach, the guy who works there most of the time is always helpful, fair and friendly.

Another good shop is Grand Slam in Sterling Heights. They specialize more in the vintage cards, or at least they have more on display than most shops I've been to.

I absolutely HATE the selection at Sports Card Central. They only have a handful of boxes on the shelves, and I've never seen a case in there.

I prefer making the hour long drive out to Mason to visit Rick at Extra Innings. Extra Innings has a much larger selection, boxes and cases all around the store.

*** NEW CARDS ADDED TO COMC 6/8/14 ***

Last edited by weedyalan; 07-27-2014 at 10:13 PM.
weedyalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:42 AM   #12 (permalink)

Rick at Extra Innings has my vote..Blowout is the most active forum I have seen on the net. ,but you say not..Maybe you should get out more.
packtheripper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:08 AM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Extra Innings in my favorite here in the Lansing area (Mason area just off 127 and Cedar St). But there's a few others - All Star Cards on Saginaw. Few others in downtown area (more in like the antique malls).

Legends in Grand Rapids