Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Hobby Shop Locator

Hobby Shop Locator Find a local Hobby Shop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2014, 08:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Seattle area card shop?

Heading there for a cruise to Alaska...Wondering if there is anywhere I could escape the family for a bit....
Old 07-02-2014, 08:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

The Sports Card Exchange

I know a few regulars on BO that frequent there. I plan on buying this years BDPP because they sell factory direct.
Looking for these cards: '12 BDPP Austin Aune red paper 1/1, black and yellow auto'd Printing Plates; '12 BDPP Pat Light black, cyan, and pink auto'd Printing Plates; '13 BC T. Walker purple and red BGS 9.5/10 autos, '13 BC Stephen Piscotty blue wave, purple and red BGS 9.5/10 autos.
tazzy13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewcer2k5 View Post
Heading there for a cruise to Alaska...Wondering if there is anywhere I could escape the family for a bit....
The Tracy Arm Cruise? Just got back from an Alaskan Cruise... It was a nice break from reality. Not sure on the card shops, but if you're into Auto Memorabilia Mill Creek Sports is awesome.
OnTheAir is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

Also, the Woodlawn Park Zoo is literally a stones throw away. Very nice part of town.
Looking for these cards: '12 BDPP Austin Aune red paper 1/1, black and yellow auto'd Printing Plates; '12 BDPP Pat Light black, cyan, and pink auto'd Printing Plates; '13 BC T. Walker purple and red BGS 9.5/10 autos, '13 BC Stephen Piscotty blue wave, purple and red BGS 9.5/10 autos.
tazzy13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

Josh, you're coming to my neck of the woods (I'm in Tacoma)! If you want to venture further south Northwest Sportscards in University Place is the LCS I go to. There is also Mill Creek Sports Cards in the Seattle area.

Photobucket:http://s1066.photobucket.com/albums/u419/achantl/
achantl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by achantl View Post
Josh, you're coming to my neck of the woods (I'm in Tacoma)! If you want to venture further south Northwest Sportscards in University Place is the LCS I go to. There is also Mill Creek Sports Cards in the Seattle area.
I wont have a car and will only be in Seattle for a short time. Taking one of those big ships most of the time. But I am going to the Mariners game the night of the 11th.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewcer2k5 View Post
I wont have a car and will only be in Seattle for a short time. Taking one of those big ships most of the time. But I am going to the Mariners game the night of the 11th.
That'll be a lot of fun! Especially since they are playing well. I'm sure you can find a decent shop in the area.

Photobucket:http://s1066.photobucket.com/albums/u419/achantl/
achantl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 12:09 AM   #8 (permalink)

Card exchange in North Seattle is a gem. Great prices, well stocked. I don't believe there's a LCS downtown.
Reignman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 12:35 AM   #9 (permalink)

Try mill creek sports cards, DJ sports cards, or the card exchange, those are your best bets. Ones in mill creek , north Seattle and Renton. Your best bet is card exchange as that will be the closest to the cruise terminals which I would say is about still at least 30 mins away
Old 07-03-2014, 01:00 AM   #10 (permalink)

Dj's is my go to card shop. But that may be too far being in Renton 20 miles south of Seattle. There is a coin shop that sells baseball cards inside the pike place market but its horribly overpriced. Mill Creek Sports is great for auto memorabilia. I agree with the others cardxchange may be your best bet due to the location. Have fun!

http://tonyandhiscards.blogspot.com/
iamtony33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:02 AM   #11 (permalink)

Yep, I would agree with everyone so far. Nothing downtown. Card Exchange is the closest and has the best prices. I go there at least every other weekend. No car is tough. You might poke around the antique shops around the waterfront. Sometimes they have interesting vintage things. Probably not as cool as New York though.
Old Nap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:08 AM   #12 (permalink)

Card exchange and DJs sports cards are my fave go there 1-5 a year. Pike plaxe card shop is overpriced but is closest to Safeco. I normally go to pike place and walk to Safeco
Old 07-03-2014, 01:10 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Nap View Post
Yep, I would agree with everyone so far. Nothing downtown. Card Exchange is the closest and has the best prices. I go there at least every other weekend. No car is tough. You might poke around the antique shops around the waterfront. Sometimes they have interesting vintage things. Probably not as cool as New York though.
One of the antique shops had a binder of unsorted 50s to 90s for 0.25 per card.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:52 AM   #14 (permalink)

Hey jewser2k5! Got to give a little love to Shane's Big League Sports Cards in Renton Washington! This is where I pulled my Meadows gold auto and my Brandon Trinkwon Superfractor Auto!!! Small selection of cards, but the owner Shane is an awesome guy and that you can negotiate prices with him. Have lots of fun while you're here especially the most beautiful time of the year ANYWHERE is here in my opinion!!!
blazin gt5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 03:31 AM   #15 (permalink)

There is a card shop at Pike Place Market in the old shops area. Head to the wall of gum and turn left. LOL! I forgot what the shop was called but I went in there and he seems pretty cool. He has a lot of vintage stuff.
tdc101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 03:32 AM   #16 (permalink)

Default Seattle area card shop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by achantl View Post

I go there sometimes too. But they always get gheir products late.

everyone has a right to their opinion.. mine just happens to be better than most.
Chrisp253 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 03:55 AM   #17 (permalink)

The shop in Pikes Place Market is tiny and full of 1992 Donruss level stuff, but if you are doing the tourist thing it's a nice break from jewelry and mediocre paintings

As for the SafeCo experience... Get Diamond Club access

Trust me on this... SafeCo Diamond Club is the best experience in the Major a Leagues

Not sure anything else is even close. It's like $175 or so per person... Totally worth it..: don't eat for 24 hours prior