Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > HOCKEY BOX BREAKS

HOCKEY BOX BREAKS Post Your HOCKEY Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2008, 11:39 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyGalloway84 View Post
Did you put a reserve on it? Hopefully you get more than $200 for it. Just wait till the last 6 hours, it will go up.

Good Luck!

Sorry to be the voice of reality here but there is no way in hell that this card gets close to that price - in its current condition it would grade as a 4 or a 5 if everything else was perfect. There is a strong chance that UD may not even have a replacement for this and will send you back this card as what you get. If you get $40 for this DAMAGED card I would consider it lucky and take the money.

Anyone who thinks different has never read a Beckett and does not understand anything about overall condition.
Dobber2330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:46 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Since your wanting a quick flip, listing asap was your best option. Given its not really hockey season, I'd of sent it back, gotten the replacement (possibly sending it in for grading as its coming straight from the factory as they now can stamp sn'd cards and will destroy the damaged one) and flipped it during the season.
I just didn't want the hassle. Even though maybe UD would have sent me a couple of boxes for replacement. That wasn't the only card that had crimping damage. Several of the base had damage as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobber2330 View Post
Sorry to be the voice of reality here but there is no way in hell that this card gets close to that price - in its current condition it would grade as a 4 or a 5 if everything else was perfect. There is a strong chance that UD may not even have a replacement for this and will send you back this card as what you get. If you get $40 for this DAMAGED card I would consider it lucky and take the money.

Anyone who thinks different has never read a Beckett and does not understand anything about overall condition.
That is why I'm letting it roll on its own!!!

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:15 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobber2330 View Post

Well its at $56 right now. I was telling myself that I would happy with at least $60 under the circumstances.

Old 07-21-2008, 11:42 PM   #29 (permalink)

Default Got more than I expected for it....now waiting for payment.....lol

07/08 BAP Be A Player Patrick Kane RC #'ed /99 - eBay (item 220259080310 end time Jul-21-08 20:39:30 PDT)
Final second bids!!!!
The guy that won this card actually just sold one of the other ones that ended for $200 BO. I'm thinking he is going to deal with UD to get a replacement then relist it if he gets a replacement.....does that sound too far fetched? I guess if he's willing to wait....if it happens....he'll make $75 profit

Last edited by hockeyjunkie99; 07-21-2008 at 11:44 PM.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:33 PM   #30 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to JoeyGalloway84

With upper deck, anything can happen. Let him take the risk!

Go Rays!!!
JoeyGalloway84 is offline   Reply With Quote