Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > HOCKEY BOX BREAKS

HOCKEY BOX BREAKS Post Your HOCKEY Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2011, 11:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2 box break 10-11 Cup

and my best hit...

dmogull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

I have to ask...why did he sign it twice?
Old 09-08-2011, 11:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
lol - not sure, but I think they did that a lot this year in Cup with dual auto cards with the same player twice. This card is a Dual Honorable Numbers Card with 2 Crosby's.

Edit: here is the back of the card where u can see the card# is DHN-CC, which I'm assuming means Dual Honorable Numbers - Crosby/Crosby

Last edited by dmogull; 09-08-2011 at 11:37 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
UD did this with a few Dual Shield cards too...Crosby and the major rookies...the player is on both sides.

Crosby is too good for everyone else and will not dual sign cards. UD was to include a dual auto of him and Lemieux (Stanley Cup Signatures I believe). They said it wasn't ready and didn't include it. I assume he just changed his mind as they didn't make it a redmeption like most of his other autos.
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

They did that with SP Authetnic too.

That is the 2nd one I have seen pulled yours yielding better patches. It definately adds more resale value to the card. At least twice as much as his regular Honorable Numbers card.....

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

Disgusting Crosby. Very nice break!
jubei777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Because he refuses to sign with anyone else, UD wants him in the set, so they let him sign it twice. I think it's one of the most pompous and arrogant things I have ever seen from an athlete, and it just adds to people's dislike of him. He's a prima dona. UD had a deal in place with him to sign with Lemieux on multiple cards in the Cup this year, and at the last minute Crosby backed out and wouldn't sign the cards with Lemieux on it. Your employer, the guy that fills your bank account, and you refuse to sign a piece of cardboard with him on it. Just a complete d-nozzle in my opinion, not sure why someone like this is "the poster child" for the NHL.
CrownCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

Crosby should have signed one side and on the other he should have put "I'm 90%, not timetable for my return"
omnipotent133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnipotent133 View Post
Crosby should have signed one side and on the other he should have put "I'm 90%, not timetable for my return"
Alternatively, he could put, "I'm a Ferrari, Ovechkin is a Pinto. My 90% is greater than anyone else's 100%"

Completed the 1971 Topps set!
Currently working on the 1969 and 1970 sets
mthokie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:55 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownCollector View Post
Because he refuses to sign with anyone else, UD wants him in the set, so they let him sign it twice. I think it's one of the most pompous and arrogant things I have ever seen from an athlete, and it just adds to people's dislike of him. He's a prima dona. UD had a deal in place with him to sign with Lemieux on multiple cards in the Cup this year, and at the last minute Crosby backed out and wouldn't sign the cards with Lemieux on it. Your employer, the guy that fills your bank account, and you refuse to sign a piece of cardboard with him on it. Just a complete d-nozzle in my opinion, not sure why someone like this is "the poster child" for the NHL.
He's not "the poster child" for the NHL for what he does with a pen and a 2.5" by 3.5" piece of cardboard. He is "the poster child" for the NHL for what he does on the frozen water. I understand you think he is a "d-nozzle" and you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but really, in today's day and world this is "one of the most pompous and arrogant things" you have ever seen from an athlete? You do know that players have changed their names in years past to Chad Ocho Cinco and Meta World Peace, but this is one of the most arrogant things you have seen? Really?....Really?

Completed the 1971 Topps set!
Currently working on the 1969 and 1970 sets
mthokie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:58 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownCollector View Post
Umm.........Bobby Orr Signed twice too.......

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:53 PM   #12 (permalink)

sweet hit on the Crosby!
gratzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:57 PM   #13 (permalink)

thanks for the kind words guys...definitely an odd concept having the same guy sign the card twice, but I guess if you need to get certain names in the dual NN set and they refuse to sign with anyone, doing this was UD's only recourse!
Old 09-10-2011, 12:32 AM   #14 (permalink)

See those dotted lines? I guess you cut the card and give the other half to a friend.

Of course, kidding. Awesome hit. It's like how Letterman used to be, where they would have multiple autos of the same guy in one booklet.
philphan25 is offline   Reply With Quote