Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > HOCKEY BOX BREAKS

HOCKEY BOX BREAKS Post Your HOCKEY Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2011, 04:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 3 more tins of 10/11 Cup

enjoy...ALL FS!

Tin 1:

Nick Y's 2010/11 CUP Hockey Box Break - YouTube

Tins 2 & 3:

Nick Y's 2010/11 CUP Hockey Box Break - YouTube
Nyannitello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

Nice Crosby man!

You and I have swooped up 5 of the tins from this 6-tin case. Have we come across what some would believe to be the "Case Hit" yet? I know he's got one more in the shop for sale. I'm curious. I was hoping we'd pull out a Hall, Seguin or Subban.
prodigylush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

the crosby tin with the decoy is most likely the case hit.

Congrats on the nice pull!
hche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hche View Post
the crosby tin with the decoy is most likely the case hit.

Congrats on the nice pull!
Would a top Rookie Patch Auto /249 qualify as a "case hit" or no? I'm new to the product so I'm intrigued. That last box is calling my name, haha.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigylush View Post
Would a top Rookie Patch Auto /249 qualify as a "case hit" or no? I'm new to the product so I'm intrigued. That last box is calling my name, haha.
Usually, they put the decoy into the tin they think that has the really good hit. Usually the /99 rookies also get the "decoy" treatment. So I would say the case hit is gone but you may still hit a good /249 rookie.
hche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:26 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hche View Post
Usually, they put the decoy into the tin they think that has the really good hit. Usually the /99 rookies also get the "decoy" treatment. So I would say the case hit is gone but you may still hit a good /249 rookie.

Exactly...I have opened about 5-6 cases of the cup and the case hit has been marked by the decoy box in each case thus far. I will say however that the Crosby dual being the "case hit" is pretty weak to be honest. It's a 350-450 card and my previous cases have had a rookie ARP /99 (3 Seguin's...all of which sold b/t 1200-1450 and one DAMAGED PK Subban who I have yet to have a replacement from UD on).

If your itching for the final tin it may have another nice hit as this case has has been nice an even in each tin ...DO IT!
Nyannitello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:03 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyannitello View Post
Exactly...I have opened about 5-6 cases of the cup and the case hit has been marked by the decoy box in each case thus far. I will say however that the Crosby dual being the "case hit" is pretty weak to be honest. It's a 350-450 card and my previous cases have had a rookie ARP /99 (3 Seguin's...all of which sold b/t 1200-1450 and one DAMAGED PK Subban who I have yet to have a replacement from UD on).

If your itching for the final tin it may have another nice hit as this case has has been nice an even in each tin ...DO IT!
This particular case hasn't produced too many $$ hits IMO. The Stamkos was nice, roughly $100, the Crosby being between $350 and $450 as you mentioned and then a few other solid autos --- with that said, no outstanding ARP /99. The Stepan Rainbow /jersey # 21 was not too too bad but we were sure hoping for one of the top four rookies. That's why that final tin is intriguing. However, is it $450 intriguing?

Open to hear opinions on this one ... all five breaks are posted on Chris' YouTube channel.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

The case hit has already been pulled (decoy box). I think when they pack it out, the case hit is more than likely to be the most valuable hit. There might be something in the 100-200 range, but to get something in the 300+ range is near impossible. I have also opened quite a few this year (4-5 cases collectively). I would pass on that last box.

Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:35 PM   #9 (permalink)

I haven't personally opened any of the most recent CUP release, but I've seen at least 250 box breaks and the entire contents of at least 30+ cases via youtube. My observations are as follows:

1) The criteria for what gets a decoy card seems a bit looser this year - that is, it used to be that when you got a decoy card it signified that you would have a HUGE hit in the box. This year you could very well end up with a nice, but not all that expensive Crosby or Lemieux hit.

2) Maybe 1/3 of all cases don't even have a decoy card, and in these the most valuable card of the case has about a 50/50 chance of being better than the average card pulled from a decoy box

3) In close to 1/4 to 1/3 of the cases, there is a box with a decoy but the most valuable card ends up being from a pack other than the decoy one.
rizzeedizzee is offline   Reply With Quote