Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > HOCKEY BOX BREAKS

HOCKEY BOX BREAKS Post Your HOCKEY Box & Case Breaks Here !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 03:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
LeonfromNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dublin, OH
Posts: 5,820
Default 2 boxes 2011-12 Crown Royale = 2 case hits

i don't do much hockey, but I was at my LCS and saw these were the last two boxes on the shelf, so I thought why not try it. anyways, here are the hits out of the 2 boxes:



Anyone have any thoughts on the Colburne kid? Also, with the Crown Jewels Insert set, I feel these cards are so undervalued being they come only one per case and in some instances I've read now, one in every other case...

So for you Hockey followers, how'd I do?
LeonfromNC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
gonzo126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 440
Default

Nice break! Nailed a Rookie Silhouette....best cards in set! Congrats! Doc Emrick a nice hit too!
__________________
Collecting NJ Devils and Don Mattingly. Open for sales or trades.
Check my bucket: http://s1107.photobucket.com/albums/h388/gonzo1273/
gonzo126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
TASS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: RI
Posts: 4,803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonfromNC View Post
i don't do much hockey, but I was at my LCS and saw these were the last two boxes on the shelf, so I thought why not try it. anyways, here are the hits out of the 2 boxes:



Anyone have any thoughts on the Colburne kid? Also, with the Crown Jewels Insert set, I feel these cards are so undervalued being they come only one per case and in some instances I've read now, one in every other case...

So for you Hockey followers, how'd I do?
Colborne is going to be a stud! With another year under his belt, I look for big things from him next year. Nice pull!
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
LeonfromNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dublin, OH
Posts: 5,820
Default

Thanks for your thoughts on Colburne, I see he was pretty decent when he was called up last year. I wonder why Boston got rid of him so early?
LeonfromNC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 9
Send a message via Yahoo to kevin6666 Send a message via Skype™ to kevin6666
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonfromNC View Post
Thanks for your thoughts on Colburne, I see he was pretty decent when he was called up last year. I wonder why Boston got rid of him so early?
I've seen the kid play in the minors. At one time I had very high hopes for him, too. Simply put, he doesn't fit the Boston mold. He's got size but he's extremely soft. Not the offensive threat that Boston was hoping for. Perhaps on a soft Toronto team he will produce a little but if I were a leaf fan I wouldn't get my hopes too high. Kadri is a better prospect than Colbourne.....and that isn't saying much.
kevin6666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
TASS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: RI
Posts: 4,803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin6666 View Post
I've seen the kid play in the minors. At one time I had very high hopes for him, too. Simply put, he doesn't fit the Boston mold. He's got size but he's extremely soft. Not the offensive threat that Boston was hoping for. Perhaps on a soft Toronto team he will produce a little but if I were a leaf fan I wouldn't get my hopes too high. Kadri is a better prospect than Colbourne.....and that isn't saying much.
The Bruins had no choice but to trade Colborne last year to get that STIFF Kaberle who they felt was needed. Colborne was the one player Toronto wanted from our roster, The B's did not want to part with Colborne, and he would have been just fine in the lineup, he is far better than what has been coming in from Providence, and would be a nice replacement for the injured Horton and Peverly right now! Colborne will be a solid 2nd line player in the league he is a Goal scorer, and is a better all around player than Kadri IMO!

Last edited by TASS; 03-10-2012 at 11:15 AM.
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.