Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > HOCKEY BOX BREAKS

HOCKEY BOX BREAKS Post Your HOCKEY Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2012, 01:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2011-12 KHL All-Star - 1 Box

I read about these cards online and I always enjoy an odd break so I found a box on Ebay that shipped from Slovakia. The cards are in cyrillic but are very interesting. Here is what I found in the box:

There were 50 packs in a box -

between 3-5 base cards which actually have an interesting design. There a few recognizable names including Nikita Filatov.

1-2 Generation Next cards per pack. Like rookie cards with young players in the league. Young is a bit of a broad term as the card I pulled had players born from 1987 to 1993. I pulled 36 of these cards.

1-2 KHL Without Borders cards per pack. These cards depict players from countries outside Russia. The player is superimposed on his flag. Foil makes the cards really stand out.

I also pulled 8 Masks cards depicting masks of the goalies of the league.

The "Hit" was a Lucas Kaspar two color relic from the "Leaders' Gear" set. The card is numbered 6/99 and is a good depiction of the sublimated colors that the KHL uses for their jerseys.

All in all, a very different but fun break. There is not resell value likely, but still kind of fun. Let me know if anyone is interested and I will scan and post some pics.

Thanks,
Jon
jonefriedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

Sounds like a fun break. Any chance you could share pics of the mask and relic cards?
ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

here are some scans...
Attached Thumbnails
2011-12 KHL All-Star - 1 Box-khl-relic.jpg   2011-12 KHL All-Star - 1 Box-khl-new.jpg   2011-12 KHL All-Star - 1 Box-khl-mask.jpg  
jonefriedman is offline   Reply With Quote