Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > HOCKEY BOX BREAKS

HOCKEY BOX BREAKS Post Your HOCKEY Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2012, 07:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 7-Tin Break of The Cup

1 Full case plus an extra tin...

Fleury Logos up close:

What do you all think?

Personally, I thought it blew. In case you can't read the redemptions, once was for a Gretzky/Coffey/Fuhr Triple Stanley Cup auto #/10 which is, of course, an awesome hit. That being said, it's one of the least collected subsets for whatever reasons in The Cup, historically. My next "big hit" would be the Fleury, a sweet patch of a goalie on an offensive minded team, or my Louis Leblanc which will sell because he is a Canadien...

Great cards and designs as usual but seems like a step down in terms of star quality from last year, in direct contrast to the increase in price.

Obviously, I haven't busted enough but it does really seem like the number of "stars" in a box/case is dramatically watered down based on what I've seen on the boards. Even in a bad case last year, you could probably expect 2 auto's from guys like Roy, Howe, Malkin, Ovechkin, etc... And, of course, last year's rookie class was pretty far superior, at least at the top...

Am I complaining too much?

Thanks,

aclben
Old 09-13-2012, 07:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Nice patches!

http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g462/teosdesserts/
teosdesserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

For 7 boxes, I would have to agree with you at first glance - the thing that sucks is all the redemptions (I got 2 in my one box I opened) That Landeskog could end up being special, but who knows what kind of patch you will get - same thing for the Hodgson (knowing UD, you might get Canucks pieces on it) Congrats on that Fleury (AWESOME), the Leblanc is probably one of the better Draft Boards to get and getting a Gretzky auto has to be sweet. I totally agree with you, usually you got at least one of an Ovi, Roy, Crosby or Malkin in a case - I guess Howe is only signing Panini stuff these days. Thanks for sharing.
I pull scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

At least the Saad's will command a fairly good premium, otherwise it seemed like a pretty weak 7 tins. Sorry man, UD needs to realize a Gretzky auto just doesn't cut it anymore as a case hit for a $2400 product.
cfind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

You got a Landeskog in there as well...Sure it's a redemption, but the kid is a beast.
saynotomeshhats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:14 AM   #6 (permalink)

I've got to agree with you there. The yield just doesn't justify the increase in price. I would break more at $400 a tin, but close to $600 is ridiculous.

In fact, you could probably still find last years cup for around the same price as this years cup - I would open 2010-11 all day compared to 2011-12.

I really hope the price of this year's stuff comes down to more reasonable levels...
hermanotarjeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:33 AM   #7 (permalink)

that triple is sick, Fleury not too shabby either haha .
Old 09-14-2012, 10:13 AM   #8 (permalink)

I just don't understand all the redemptions in the product. There are a ton! I haven't kept track but at the very best it seems to be a 1 redemption every 2 tins. You had 6 in 7 tins. What was the point of pushing back the release to September 11 if there are still that many redemptions.

Who I collect: Cam Fowler, Milan Lucic, Tim Thomas, D-men, Bruins
Tivo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #9 (permalink)

Agreed. I sort of thing for a high-end product like this, your top signers (i.e. Gretzky, Crosby) shouldn't be redemptions... But the same thing happened last year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivo32 View Post
I just don't understand all the redemptions in the product. There are a ton! I haven't kept track but at the very best it seems to be a 1 redemption every 2 tins. You had 6 in 7 tins. What was the point of pushing back the release to September 11 if there are still that many redemptions.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:26 PM   #10 (permalink)

Some nice pulls!