Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > HOCKEY BOX BREAKS

HOCKEY BOX BREAKS Post Your HOCKEY Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 05:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2011-12 The Cup box break

I never busted this product before, but everyone seemed to love it. Seems like I didn't do too bad. Not sure what I'm doing with these yet - keeping or selling.
Attached Thumbnails
2011-12 The Cup box break-untitled-truecolor-01.jpg   2011-12 The Cup box break-untitled-truecolor-02.jpg   2011-12 The Cup box break-untitled-truecolor-03.jpg   2011-12 The Cup box break-untitled-truecolor-04.jpg   2011-12 The Cup box break-untitled-truecolor-05.jpg  

2011-12 The Cup box break-untitled-truecolor-06.jpg  
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

Really too bad on that Gardiner piece, even a little colour would have made it a lot better...
Old 11-30-2012, 07:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah, that pissed me off a little - that's the second "prime" auto patch I've pulled that was all white (the first was an Andrew Luck auto rookie out of R&S). At least this one has a LITTLE color - it almost looks like it's tie-dyed with some light blue. But I'd still consider it all white.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #4 (permalink)

funny your Klingberg was live, all the ones I pulled were redemptions.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:55 AM   #5 (permalink)

nice box bud
how much you want for the carl klingberg ?
96pavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hey thanks man. I'm actually going to keep the Klingberg - I love the look of that patch.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

Cool gardiner...what are they thinkn...all white! Thats criminal.
omnipotent133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #8 (permalink)

Nice cards! Are you going to hang on to the rookie evolution card? Not sure how they'll do on the market once redeemed but it would be pretty cool if you pulled a RNH or Landy. By the way I see you're from Monroeville, I live a few minutes outside of Monroeville. Nice to meet a member who is from my neck of the woods! My wife and I are huge hockey fans and we terribly miss watching the Pens play. It's especially difficult around this time of year. The Steelers aren't even able to fill much of the void with the way they have been playing this season...damn lock out.

Any way, thanks for the show!
Ryan
Rylin1711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:36 AM   #9 (permalink)

It would seem that Upper Deck late released cases of this years cup. Players such as Landeskog and Klingberg that were redemptions on the initial release are now showing up live in later cases. Doesn't shock me one bit that Upper Deck would hold back cards. Panini Dominion is a much better value and case prices keep dropping.
Giovanni99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:01 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylin1711 View Post
Nice cards! Are you going to hang on to the rookie evolution card? Not sure how they'll do on the market once redeemed but it would be pretty cool if you pulled a RNH or Landy. By the way I see you're from Monroeville, I live a few minutes outside of Monroeville. Nice to meet a member who is from my neck of the woods! My wife and I are huge hockey fans and we terribly miss watching the Pens play. It's especially difficult around this time of year. The Steelers aren't even able to fill much of the void with the way they have been playing this season...damn lock out.

Any way, thanks for the show!
Ryan
Hey Ryan,

I redeemed the Evolution card but I won't know who I get until they send it out. I want to see what these things are all about. If it's a cool card I'll probably keep it no matter who I get - of course I'll be hoping for RNH.

The lockout is KILLING me. I got a half season plan for the first time last year with a few of my buddies and we were so amped up for the season and now...nothing. Maybe when the owners meet on December 5th some of the moderates will smack some sense into Jacobs - he seems to be the one driving the process.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:03 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni99 View Post
It would seem that Upper Deck late released cases of this years cup. Players such as Landeskog and Klingberg that were redemptions on the initial release are now showing up live in later cases. Doesn't shock me one bit that Upper Deck would hold back cards. Panini Dominion is a much better value and case prices keep dropping.
I'm thinking about trying a box of Dominion now that I caught the high-end bug. I may do Bowman Sterling football instead and just let the price of Dominion keep dropping before I strike.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:50 PM   #12 (permalink)

That's a shame dude, I'm sorry to hear that! Do you collect any Pens? Or any other teams/players I have a bunch of hockey for trade/sale. By the way Dominion is one of my favorite products. I pulled some super nice stuff from it. Unfortunately it doesn't sell nearly as well as the Cup does. I think it looks a lot nicer than the Cup as well. I'd wait until the price drops as well before picking up a tin.
Rylin1711 is offline   Reply With Quote